Kaiser Permanente Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.8

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Process took an entire month from recruiter initial contact, then the next week a phone interview took place. The recruiter called an setup a face to face and then another phone interview the director.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Work with a recuriter at Kaiser Permanente. It is difficult to get the initial interview unless you have the experience. Use trigger words in your resume; otherwise, your resume will never be seen.

Interview Questions

• How do you handled mutliple managers who work in different verticles?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Initially had a phone screen after being contacted by a staffing agency. Follow up phone screen then the interview was scheduled. 3 peers/managers conducted the interview in a conference room. Each had copies of my resume and a list of standard questions. They took turns asking them.

Interview Questions

• They asked for specific examples of my experience with technical health care projects. Also asked general questions to discern my understanding of technical issues in networks, servers, and applications. Each discussion covered other health care positions that outlined on my resume. Verified my PMP certification and experience and verified I had a working knowledge of SDLC practices.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Staffing agency quoted a good rate I was happy with after we discussed the offering range. I did not seek the maximum allowed.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview Process consisted of an initial submission and rough quaification overview with the recruiter. Then a 15 minute phone interview with the hiring manager where we discussed the project I would be working on. Finally an in person interview with the one hiring manager that lasted about 30 minutes, again discussing the project, more so than my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Does this seem like a project you would want to work on?   1 Answer
    • Describe some Project Management tools you use/ processes you use   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt care to negotiate at the time because I wanted a job, although I would recomend at least trying to get the recruiter to get you more. I wish i did

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Aurora, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of about 5-7 questions that could be answered without preparation. There was nothing probing or anything requiring thoughtfulness. When I asked about the culture to the hiring Director she didn't really have an answer or else didn't know what the culture is. I had the same experience when asking about the vision of the group. This should have been a warning, but I accepted the position anyway and was bored out of my mind and only stayed about 1 year.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little on salary, but not on vacation.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I had 4 interviews in 5 days with 10 people. First started with a phone interview with hiring manager, I was asked to meet him for a personal interview next day, on 3rd day I was asked to call in to a conference bridge where my future colleagues interviewed me, last round was an hr interview to check about my job expectations

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you are asked to work on a project with out having provided any background or documentation   Answer Question

Negotiation

not highly negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

The hiring manager called in 15 candidates and conducted a group panel interview with all 15 candidates at the same time. They decided who would move to the next round and selected 3 candidates. Everyone else was told to go home. The three candidates were given in-person interviews. In my opinion, the 3 weakest candidates, who showed no originality of thought, were selected to go through.