Kaiser Permanente

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Staff Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Complicated, hard to get through first door, so I was sent in as a temp. Online isn't always great, good people are missed - rather impersonal. referral helps. their recruiting office is really just processing on boarding paper

Interview Question – weaknesses!   Answer Question

Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2008.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process was very smooth. Encountered problem with agency providing background check, who do to name changes, had difficulty accessing correct information.

Negotiation Details – Offer was expected for the position applied for.

Walnut Creek, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted resume to HR for Senior staff Assistant position. HR contacted me two weeks later to give me the name of the person scheduling the interviews. One week later contacted me for scheduling.

Four person panel interview, consisting two nurses, clinical education trainer, and the Senior Staff Assist. The interview was only for 30-minutes and did not allow for extra time. There were four questions, one question from each interviewer.

I really wish I would have taken notes during the interview. At the conclusion of the interview, I asked for business cards from each of panel participants. No one had cards. I felt really bad at that point, since I did not have the names (could not remember all of them) to send follow-up letters. I did ask the panel I someone could send me an e-mail with the contact names and the Staff Assistant said she would. Two days after the interview, I left her a voicemail gently reminding her to either call me so I could get the name or if she could send me an e-mail. Did not get a voiceamil. On the third day, I left another message. On the fourth day, I sent a letter addressing the Senior Staff Assist only, since she was the person who contacted me for the interview. I tried to address each of the panels questions in the letter and felt it was a good letter.

I think the Senior Staff Assistant was mad at me for not taking the names down in the interview and was put off by me asking her to contact me. I would have to say that was not very professional of me, but I did not know what to do at that point.

I felt the interview went well. I had all the skills required for the job. Each one of the panel said they were impressed with my skill set. I think I blew it by asking for the names and they may have thought I was over qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a difficult person before and how did you handle it?   View Answer
  • What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!