Kalido

Very Difficult Interview

Project Manager/Functional Consultant Interview

Project Manager/Functional Consultant
Burlington, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kalido in March 2013.

Interview Details – Corporate recruiter / HR was extremely pushy and asked a series of probing personal questions that had nothing at all to do with the job. She was like a used-car salesman. I finally had to steer her away from the questions that had nothing to do with my resume or professional background. A very unpleasant experience: be forewarned.

The interviewers' questions led me to believe that this was a small company that did not have significant revenues. They are not profitable and borrow money from venture capitalists, they were clear on that point. They indicated that they will need to raise another round of financing in order to fund the position. Kalido currently has no project management resources: they claim their application is so easy to use, they don't need PMs. It was as if they were all being forced to make a PM hire because they had failed on so many recent implementations themselves.

At one point, one of the interviewers stated that "Project Managers create no value". I thought to myself, "If you think that, what am I doing sitting here interviewing for the position?"

Interviewing style was very confrontational, like interviewing being interviewed in an English pub. Last interviewer (this was a six hour marathon interview, likely due to Kalido's inexperience with hiring) just couldn't help himself and launched into a barrage of illegal interview questions: "Are you married? Kids? Will your wife support the 50% travel required"?, etc., etc.

Interview Question – Are you married? Do you have kids? Will your wife support the 50% travel required? Our clients aren't around here, so there will be lots of nights and weekends away from your wife and children...can you and your family handle that?   View Answer

Tiger Team Interview

Tiger Team
Boston, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kalido in April 2010.

Interview Details – The manager asked for some previous work I have done as a consultant in B-school. Emailed him back and forth for a couple of times,then got a personal interview call.

In the 1-1 interview it was behavioral.

1. The team I planning to have will constitute of people with 10+ experience .How will you contribute to the team.

2. Do you have any questions( in the feedback i found this is where i got rejected - i didnt ask strategic questions about the new product)

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you had to convince someone higher up of doing other wise   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Test Analyst Interview

Test Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I interviewed at Kalido in November 2011.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview. Second round :-1:1 Written test followed by general HR round.

Interview Question – Why you want to be a tester.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kalido in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked to
1. reverse a linked list
2. reverse a string with words in place ( "I am blue" will become "blue I am")
3. find out the common parent of two nodes in a BST.
4. design the billing system in CCD, using class diagrams, I used decorator pattern to solve the problem ( one mug of coffee, and optional add-ons for sugar & milk with individual price tags).

I was able to answer all of them, and the interviewers were really impressed, and I was selected in the first round itself for the HR round.

Interview Questions

• Find the common parent between two nodes in a BST   Answer Question
  • How to model the billing system in CCD using class diagrams ( one cup of coffee, and optional add-ons for sugar & milk having individual price tags)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, I did not negotiate much. Kalido does not negotiate much on the offer, I guess.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Kalido in September 2011.

Interview Details – First a telephone call covering basic coding skills with an easy problem and a mildly challenging problem, followed by couple of puzzles. Then a date would be discussed and decided for 1:1 rounds. There would be 3 rounds of 1:1, first focusing on coding and problem solving skills. Second round focusing on design/modelling. Third would be with a UK/US counterpart. All the rounds are elimination rounds and equally important. Questions are moderately challenging.

Interview Question – How would you design access card system for a building?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – To my knowledge negotiations are generally waste of time. The company follows a standard pay structure for lateral hires in Engineering.

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kalido in February 2010.

Interview Details – Quite good and you can not fool the interviewer.Most imp is that they do not ask any knowledge questions but ask only ability questions.

Interview Questions

Testing QA Interview

Testing QA
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kalido in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was overall easy with few puzzles and basic C programming questions being asked. However there were questions on writing test cases which I could not do very well and gave limited number of test cases.

They were basically looking for junior candidates with good thinking ability and testing skills.

Interview Question – There are 3 fruit vending machines one for orange, one for apple, one for either of the fruit out of a mix of apple or orange. All three have wrong labels.

Find out the correct functioning with just one use of one coin.
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kalido? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kalido interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kalido employees and interview candidates.