Kaltura Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015

3.5

Vice President, Global Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kaltura (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

This interview process started on November 18th and just came to a close yesterday February 9th. The company had a very difficult time defining this role. The first interview was via telephone with the company HR liaison and an outside leadership and development coach, . After the telephone conversation I was asked to come in and meet with the HR liaison for 30 minutes so she could meet me face to face before meeting the CFO and CEO.
    After the 30 minute interview more than a month went by and I was asked to come back in for another 30 minutes and this time their leadership and development coach was present. I had asked why the lapse in time and they told me "we were really trying to clearly define the role" Once this 3rd meeting concluded, I was told to expect a call to set aside a time to meet with the CEO the following week while he was in town. Two weeks went by and an interview was arranged by the liaison to meet with the CEO during their "sales summit". A couple of days prior to the interview with the CEO I received this email from their leadership and development coach

CEO is looking forward to seeing you tomorrow at 11am. Please call Allison if you have any trouble getting in.

Just as a heads-up before meeting with the CEO, I think he is clear that he wants someone with a tech / start-up background in this role so whatever you can do to highlight your experiences that are relevant to the “scrappiness” and entrepreneurial feel of a start-up would be very beneficial.

Good luck!

I showed up for my interview with the CEO, and from the very start it was evident that he was in a hurry not at all engaged in the discussion... he was on his phone texting or answering emails and it was very distracting. He was not at all welcoming in any way. I felt as if I had taken him away from something very pressing and that this interview was simply a formality. It was extremely uncomfortable and he was extremely unprofessional. Hiring the right HR person is paramount for any organization and this interview is a clear indication on why they still don't have the person and how they most likely will not hire the right person. When the interview concluded he stood up and walked away, he did not shake my hand or assist me on how to exit the building.
    A week later, I received the email below.

After meeting with our few favorite candidates last week, the CEO has decided to go in a different direction (he really enjoyed meeting with you, by the way!). It seems he is looking for even more international and "scrappy" start-up / tech experience. If I get any more detailed feedback, I'm happy to pass that along.

I want to thank you for going through this process with us and for your time and energy (and patience!). I wish you all the very best as you discover your next role - whichever company that ends up being will be lucky to have you!

Interview Questions

• There were not many questions asked, I did most of the asking   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaltura.

Interview

The process was very smooth - there was clear communication, follow up, and an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What did the other interviewer say about you? In this interview the interviewer kept a rapid pace and asked questions that were very insightful. It was clear that this person wanted to test what a person was like. I actually enjoyed this approach as it was challenging and insightful about the interviewer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy, probably the easiest I have every had.

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kaltura (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Since I was out of state, I had a number of phone calls over a few weeks. It ended up being 5+ calls, which I thought was a bit excessive. The position was new, but they dragged out the process while making it feel urgent for me to respond quickly. I went through the same hour-long talk with 4 different people, and few asked different questions. They could have just planned better and all jumped on a call together, would have been much more respectful of my time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do a short exercise in excel to make sure that I was up to the position, as it was a new one at the company.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaltura (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Contacted by HR Director and interviewed over the phone, then interviewed with head of department in person at their office. About a week of time between the two and received feedback and offer within 2 days/

Interview Questions

• Comparison of features across a variety of CRM and ERP software platforms, Salesforce, SAP, etc. They both use and cater to these companies and will need to see how much you know about their presence.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their base rate is $75k and will increase or decrease depending on experience and familiarity with computers and web technologies. Salesforce certification will be a huge plus