Kana Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2014
Updated Jul 2, 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kana.

HR phone Call, Technical Phone Interview and a final face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Basic OOPS concepts, MVC concepts, Spring framework, SQL stored procedured, JBOSS.   Answer Question
    Non- negotiable

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kana in February 2014.

My resume was pushed toward top because of good reference already in the company. Most pre-interview communication was with HR in Sunnyvale. She was very, very helpful and friendly. We set up a phone interview as the position was located in Bedford, NH and I am in the southeast US. Phone interview took about 1 hour and had typical questions about technical knowledge regarding items on my resume. I requested the hiring manager's email to send a thank-you for interview letter. 1 week goes by with no word. On the 2nd week, I sent an inquiry email to HR and was pleasantly surprised to hear my first interview went well and we would proceed to an in person interview.

The initial plan was to fly the hiring manager to my location, but then the plan changed so that i could meet with the hiring manager and his team in Chicago....a panel interview. They flew me up to Chicago for a one day trip. It took about 4 weeks to be reimbursed for the trip.

Two team members were nice and had some technical questions as well as some personality background questions..."What was the worst mistake you've ever done in a company and how did you handle it?" One of the members asked about some basic SQL+ statements. But then the manager decided to expand on some more challenging SQL+ statements.

It was about two weeks after the in-person interview that I received a job offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What does this SQL statement return? The manager was on video-skype, so he was able to type out a big statement. I don't remember the statement, but it included some inner-outer joining of tables.   Answer Question
    HR sent a series of initial pre-interview questions which included: Are you willing to relocate? Salary expectation? etc... I had researched the average salary for this position and bumped it up a little since I would have to relocate.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kana.

Process went very smooth and quick.

Interview Questions
    • There was not anything out of the norm in the interview.   Answer Question
    There was not any negotiation. They were firm on offer

PR Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kana in June 2012.

Applied for Kana's PR intern through their website and called to follow up. Received an invitation for an in-person interview. However, after telling me that I was accepted, there was a two week delay and finally, the secretary notified me that the position could not be moved forward at the time.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer simply showed me some videos describing Kana and what the marketing and pr time were responsible for. The interview was very short and there were no difficult or unexpected question. It was rather easy but it is important to be thoroughly prepared to talk about yourself and experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kana in December 2011.

First was telephonic interview. For personal interview went down to their office for interview, the interviewer didnt even knew that an interview was scheduled.. This was right from HR to team who was going to interview. How unprofessional!
    Later I was interviewed by CTO and the mentioned that we move to this point when we are finalizing. After asked for coming and understanding how they work, they promised on sending the offer letter. VP personally shook hands and mentioned that. Then no response from HR and suddenly one day, rechanging their decision.
    I had a very horrible experience. People are just rude..! Dont even think of going and joining this company.

Interview Questions

Promised for offer letter and kept changing their words. Had horrible experience with such unprofessional ppl and work..Those are thinking of getting interviewed I would suggest please look for some other company. Giving word and minding it, isn't understood by Kana.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kana in December 2008.

I had several phone interviews, couple face to face group interviews and final phone interview with CTO

Interview Questions
    They said that salary is not negotiable.

My advice is try to negotiate salary at this point because it is almost impossible to get raise or promotion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kana in September 2008.

Hiring process very smooth and HR got back very soon with the response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kana in March 2014.

The hiring process in Jakarta takes on these three simple steps:

1. Technical test + Preliminary interview by HR
    2. User Interview by Manager + Team Leader
    3. Job Offer

The process only takes 15 days to complete. It was very efficient process and straightforward.

Applicants can submit the application on online site. If there is a match, then the recruiter may pick a call to schedule your testing and preliminary interview. Afterward, if there is a match, then within 3 days there will be a call to schedule user interview in which will be scheduled within few days.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate thus you should give your salary expectation + buffer. Get prepared for a bargain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kana in May 2013.

There will be two written tests - English aptitude test and technical test based on the position applied. After written tests, there will be two interviews - from Human Resource Department and from a project manager; all interviews are in English and you are expected to show your English skills as well as your technical knowledge (if necessary)

Interview Questions
    • There is one logic question in the technical written test.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kana in April 2013.

The face-to-face interview is only just 1 session. They set another session with the user abroad using global meet (toll free call). The initial interview is the toughest since it will be focusing more on how can we cope with the demands that they had. While the second interview mostly focused on the technical abilities that we had, which also includes interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions
    • The business process and the flow in which we will encounter if we are accepted.   Answer Question
    Fairly simple but the numbers are very limited