Kangaroo Express

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kangaroo Express.

This was a very easy process as long as you make your self known with them and contentiously being a customer. A lot of the questions and time was very odd like they were trying to get to know my personal life. For me personally work and personal life never correlate.

Interview Questions
    • most diffucult question was if i had problems with people in the neighbor hood   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Kangaroo Express in September 2014.

1 interview, regular employer questions, the interviewer was a laid back pretty cool guy. He was the store manager so once I got on his good side it was pretty much a sealed deal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kangaroo Express in September 2014.

She asked me a couple of STAR questions like "Name a time u had to go above and beyond for a customer" and "Name a time you had to deal with a rude customer" After that she pretty much explain her expectations of the job and then said "your hire, I like your personality"

Interview Questions
    I wasn't told pay or benefits. I need a job so i will take whatever they offer basically at this time.

Lead Assistant Manager Interview

I pretty much interviewed and hired myself. Was told to write my answers down then to enter in my information in their system myself. The manager on duty didn't even feel liking interviewing she was just hiring people and wasn't even looking to see what they had applied for.

There was none.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kangaroo Express.

All applications are done online at their website. The managers have their hands full and rarely get the opportunity to look over the applications online, so call the store you are interested in working at so they can look you up. The interview is kind of scripted, they ask about previous experience, what you would do with irate customers etc. Nothing new to anyone that has worked customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Would probably be being asked to describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    About the only negotiation room you have, only sometimes, is the hours you want to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Augustine, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Augustine, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kangaroo Express in July 2014.

one interview needed to pass the selection process as needed for sales associate job. i have not worked for 16 years but my college background along with my experience as a builder and developer should qualify me for a job because I ran thompson properties for 20 years with the following experience sales, accounting, purchasing, general management, and scheduling.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kangaroo Express in June 2014.

It was really easy. He was straight to the point and really easy to make conversation with. He asked the usual questions an employer would ask and as he went along you could tell he was evaluating everything said. Fast and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you interested in working for Kangaroo?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase. Both the manager and I were satisfied.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kangaroo Express in June 2014.

Submitted online application, was called a day later and asked to come in to interview two days later.
    Talked to the manager about what goes on in the store, daily routines, responsibilities and was accepted on spot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, she asked if anything would come up on my background check, I said no.   Answer Question
    I asked for minimum wage starting as a part-time college student.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kangaroo Express.

Interview with District Manager went well. DM made me fell comfortable during the interview and asked the typical questions for the position. Salary I requested was a little above the normal entry level but I had experience and salary did not seem to be a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Interview with Regional District Manager was more like an interrogation. RDM made the comment the store managers salaries were the same regardless of experience. Their managers made $32000 and I was asking $36000. Managers worked 60 hours plus a week and one weekend a month. Which averages out to $10.25 per hour to be available 24/7.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Kangaroo Express in December 2013.

I was called fairly quick. Interview was very laid back, manager asked basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst customer service youve received.   View Answer