Kangaroo Express

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kangaroo Express.

Interview Details – All applications are done online at their website. The managers have their hands full and rarely get the opportunity to look over the applications online, so call the store you are interested in working at so they can look you up. The interview is kind of scripted, they ask about previous experience, what you would do with irate customers etc. Nothing new to anyone that has worked customer service.

Interview Question – Would probably be being asked to describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – About the only negotiation room you have, only sometimes, is the hours you want to work.

Saint Augustine, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kangaroo Express in July 2014.

Interview Details – one interview needed to pass the selection process as needed for sales associate job. i have not worked for 16 years but my college background along with my experience as a builder and developer should qualify me for a job because I ran thompson properties for 20 years with the following experience sales, accounting, purchasing, general management, and scheduling.

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Fayetteville, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kangaroo Express in June 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted online application, was called a day later and asked to come in to interview two days later.
Talked to the manager about what goes on in the store, daily routines, responsibilities and was accepted on spot.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, she asked if anything would come up on my background check, I said no.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for minimum wage starting as a part-time college student.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Kangaroo Express in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was really easy. He was straight to the point and really easy to make conversation with. He asked the usual questions an employer would ask and as he went along you could tell he was evaluating everything said. Fast and efficient.

Interview Question – What makes you interested in working for Kangaroo?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. Both the manager and I were satisfied.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Jacksonville Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kangaroo Express in August 2013.

Interview Details – Application via website will lead to contact initiated by District Manager. Interview is conducted followed by a validation of current driver license standing and background check. Compensation offer is presented.

Negotiation Details – Was mislead into thinking my request for at least $12.25 was at the cap for managers with my experience when in actuality the cap was $14.50

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kangaroo Express.

Interview Details – Interview with District Manager went well. DM made me fell comfortable during the interview and asked the typical questions for the position. Salary I requested was a little above the normal entry level but I had experience and salary did not seem to be a problem.

Interview Question – Interview with Regional District Manager was more like an interrogation. RDM made the comment the store managers salaries were the same regardless of experience. Their managers made $32000 and I was asking $36000. Managers worked 60 hours plus a week and one weekend a month. Which averages out to $10.25 per hour to be available 24/7.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Fayetteville, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Kangaroo Express in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was called fairly quick. Interview was very laid back, manager asked basic interview questions.

Interview Question – What was the worst customer service youve received.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kangaroo Express in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired on a simple phone interview

Interview Question – Know the numbers of previous stores   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they actually offered more than i expected.

Round O, SC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kangaroo Express in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was easy, she took me all around the store showed me around; asked what I could do and what I couldn't since this was my first job & sent me in her office to get my background check.. simple

Interview Question – Are you able to handle graveyard shift ? & that was the hardest question... ended up getting 1st and 2nd shift tho   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accidently put $7 on my online application & she was like i know you want more than that, that's not even minimum wage & she offered a dollar and twenty-five cents higher & i said yes of course

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kangaroo Express in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was by far the most chilled out experience i have had. I was dressed in the usual dress to impress, but she cared little for that just saying hello and beckoning me to the back office. Instead of the usual interview she just talking conversationally with me and asked when i would start. It went rather quickly.

Interview Question – If one smoked pot.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – She asked how much i wanted and i stated higher than 7.25 and she gave me 9.25

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kangaroo Express

Worked for Kangaroo Express? Contribute to the Community!