Kansas State University

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.3

GRA Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kansas State University.

Make friends with a professor, see if they have any relevant research opportunities coming up that you would be a good fit for. Will examine your GPA (transcript) and GRE scores.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about solving (X Problem) ?   View Answer

Peer Tutor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kansas State University.

It was a very fast turn around. I turned in my application and the next day I had a call and then the next week, I went in for an interview and was hired on the spot

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kansas State University in May 2014.

The position was advertized online. I wrote an application package and submitted it via email. I was then emailed to ask if I would be available for a Skype interview. This was conducted a couple of days later. It was a panel interview consisting of the 3 people on the search committee.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel about living in Manhattan, KS - hard as I had not visited the town before.   Answer Question
    They offered me the position and outlined the contact. I accepted without negotiating.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Initial email communication and subsequent interview. Faculty seemed kind and friendly.

N/A

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kansas State University in March 2014.

Applied online. Received a phone call for an initial screening interview. Then was flown to Manhattan, Kansas ( all expenses paid). I was taken to dinner and breakfast and then had to present my research work as a seminar. I attended the lab meeting and was how around the lab and the school. I also met with several lab members who gave me helpful information about the work and the environment.

Community Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kansas State University.

Very low key interview process. I submitted an application and got a call the next day. The interview consisted of 4 different managers (2 ARLC's of the dorm and 2 desk managers). The interview lasted a total of 20 minutes, and I felt like they did a good job of getting to know the candidates during the process

Research Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kansas State University in July 2013.

Questions were very common, not a single one surprising.

Research Assistant Interview

Be prepared. Do your homework and ask questions.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kansas State University in September 2012.

I searched online and applied online for Phd program of chemical engineering in KSU. And got the offer the next day. And I really suspect the reality of the offer. Finally turns out it was real. But it took a long time to get I20. I have visa and flight ticket and came to USA finally.

Apply online

Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Kansas State University in May 2012.

Panel of about 4 interviewers asked me about different experiences in my past. There was a prepared set of questions that were asked in a linear pattern. Most questions were open ended situation based questions. I had to answer them by providing examples from my past experiences and emphasizing problem solving, strong team work, negotiation and analytic skills.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of conflict with your supervisor and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    it was a fixed hourly paid position. They interestingly denied me for the role claiming as being not right fit for video auditing job. However, they created a new position for me "Systems Intern" that actually was better fit given my programming experience.