Kantar Retail Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2014

3.3

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Kantar Retail in November 2013.

They came to my university (they were an hour late). Had an interview with for 30 minutes. Interviewer was young and a bit timid. But he was a really nice guy. Normal questions about why Kantar, eg ... how did I handle a tough group situation? and my favorite brand? -- and why? ...Got second round interview. I was interviewed over the phone. They sent a power point slide, with normal things they do at Kantar -- and asked me to analyze it. While simple, they were tricky. It is consulting after all. I thought I did terribly in that interview. They called me for a final round interview. However, that was after a month and a half and I had forgotten about them (If i had a job I wouldnt have even replied to their invitation).... went to the final round. Day long. 3 interviews, math test and group interview... They rejected me at the end -- it was Sad cause I did not have a job at that time.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Kantar Retail in April 2013.

First had a behavioral interview with pretty standard questions. The second round consisted of a case study. A powerpoint was sent over and I had 15 minutes to look it over. I was then asked some pretty difficult questions, but I think they really just want to see how you can work through the thought process of answering the questions. The last round consisted of 6 behavioral like interviews with 1 or 2 people and a quantitative test with GMAT style questions. Seemed like an attractive position but had another offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to explain the slides (many graphs) in a powerpoint in the second round. I worked through most of the slides and solved them while talking to the interviewer.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Went through three rounds of interviews. First round was a screening interview with someone in HR. The second round was a series of 1/2 hour interviews with the hiring manager and directors. The third round was with the hiring manager and VPs.

Interview Questions
    Offer was acceptable as is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Kantar Retail.

Kantar came to our college campus for an info session, so I applied through the school career services. I had my first 1:1 campus interview in early October, second-round phone interview a month after that, and was called back to Wilton headquarters for a full day interview about two weeks later. In another two weeks I was offered the job.
    The second round interview I was given a few market study slides that I had to analyze in 40 minutes. For the final round, I had three back-to-back interviews with current employees plus a math test.

Interview Questions
    • One morning, your direct boss gives you an assignment that only you can finish, and it needs to be done before 5pm. Later in the day, the CEO gives you a special assignment that needs to be done before 4pm. You cannot possibly finish both projects in time. Both are very important projects and only you are capable of doing the both. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kantar Retail in November 2013.

Interview process consisted of a phone interview with two analysts, a phone interview case study, and then an on-site interview super-day consisting of four interviews (one for each department), a math assessment, lunch with a new hire, and a group case study.

Interview Questions
    • Case study was probably the most difficult portion of the interview.   Answer Question

I had another offer pending in a similar industry.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kantar Retail in March 2013.

Campus recruiting.
    interviews were pretty standard - strong example of working with data, display interest in marketing/consulting/kantar, where do you see yourself in 5 years.
    math test wasn't difficult at all, so don't worry too much

Interview Questions
    • the case study (2nd round) was different from regular management consulting cases, be able to read and interpret graphs and make recommendations off the presented slide   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Kantar Retail in December 2011.

It was a full day filled with 6 thirty minute interviews. Pretty standard stuff and only one person tried to shake it up with a brain teaser(the old use 3 gallon and 5 gallon jugs to get 4 gallons of water) and a small case study like question about, what else, grocery store inventory. There was a written test straight from the GMAT math section in the middle and a paid lunch. Overall everyone was and friendly, but Wilton, CT is such a drag.

Interview Questions
    • What do supermarkets have to consider when they are looking to add more varieties of cereal?   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kantar Retail in November 2010.

First round consisted of a 1:1 interview that was resume based with one brain teaser/math problem. After that, final round at their offices in Wilton, CT. Math test (best to brush up using a GMAT math book) with 6 resume based interviews and lunch.

Consultant Assistant Interview

attention to your powerpoint and excel skills.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kantar Retail.

Need to know how to work with data and cite an experience in school or internship where you used data. Social and outgoing personality will help. They recruit from east coast ivy and liberal arts schools mostly it seems.

Interview Questions
    • Case study about what we would suggest to a retailer or manufacturer for a certain grocery category   View Answer
    The offer for analysts is pretty uniform so there is not much negotiation.

Worked for Kantar Retail? Contribute to the Community!