Kantar Worldpanel

Kantar Worldpanel Interview Questions

3.5

Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kantar Worldpanel.

After speaking with the recruiter on the phone, I spoke to the hiring manager for about half an hour on the phone. Within the day, I was invited in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The in-person interview was guided by a form which the manager filled out based on my responses. Questions were fairly typical: Why Market Research? Why Kantar? Why do I think companies should pay for Kantar's services? etc. After the interview, I was given a math assessment which I was told would take about 30 min. It took me more like 40-45 min, but I suppose I did okay because I was called back for another interview. This time, I had to present some data that the manager sent me. The presentation was on Maxwell House coffee. I presented to the hiring manager and her boss. I was not offered the job. I think where I failed was in my "storyline". I should have been more concise with which data I presented and the overall story. I sort of included too many elements.

Interview Questions
    • I hate to say that what took me off guard was the manager's desire to know my own "personal" accomplishments that I am proud of. I had read so many articles about avoiding referring to your personal life vs. academic and work achievements that I sort of froze.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kantar Worldpanel in February 2013.

There were three interviews total. Phone interview with HR person first, the phone interview was easy and straightforward. I was asked why do you want to work here and why this position. The second round was face to face interview with few behavior questions and a math test. The third round was doing a presentation based on the data and deck Kantar Worldpanel provided a week earlier. Total 10 mins, excluding questions time.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if the due day is tomorrow that you need to turn in the report to client but you just received the data today?   View Answer

I got another opportunity.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Kantar Worldpanel.

After application, I was invited to a test including numberical, reasoning, case study, basic knowledge of marketing & market research, english test, writing an email to client when we could not deliver data at due day,..It is a 3 hours long test. 3 weeks later, I got an interview with a manager and director. They asked a lot of questions such as GDP, inflation rate, favorite marketing campaign, etc. Then they handed me several slides and gave me 20 minutes to prepare. I did a presentation and then got the offer. The interview took more than 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Analyze a marketing campaign and give your recommendations to make it better.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Epsom, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Epsom, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kantar Worldpanel in February 2014.

My CV was forwarded by the recruitment agency to Kantar, who accepted and invited me to an interview with 2 senior members of the team I would be working for. I then travelled to Epsom and was greeting by a kind receptionist. I was then collected and taken into a meeting room.The people were very friendly but also I could see very motivated and passionate about what they did. It felt like it would be a great company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • If a client asked you why their coffee sales were declining, what would you think/do?   View Answer

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kantar Worldpanel.

Divided into 3 parts
    - Paper test
    - Focus Group: How one dealing with problems and team work
    - Real study case presentation

Interview Questions
    • Case study presentation by KWP deck: have to understand the market through the deck, I had to explain and answered all the questions hidden into that charts.   View Answer

Graduate Trainee Market Insight Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kantar Worldpanel.

Completed their online application form and then a reasoning test. The reasoning test was quite time-pressured and I didn't finish it, but they phoned me a few days later to arrange a phone interview. I missed the HR person's calls a couple of times and always called back promptly - but she never answered when I did so there was a bit of an absurd back-and-forth chain of voicemail messages. Nevertheless, we arranged a time for the phone interview and I spent a good deal of time preparing for it. However, when the time came, nobody called me - no explanation, no apology, nothing. I called the HR person again to very politely request another time, but she never returned my call. Won't be applying to them again - it doesn't bode well if they treat their applicants with this little respect, in my view.

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kantar Worldpanel in March 2013.

Telephone interview. 2 nd stage: pitching to the line manager. Loads of preparation involved but I had fun preparing for it. THink commercial and be in the clients shoes when preparing. Actionable insights is key

Interview Questions
    • It is quite difficult to understand what the company is doing without having worked there actually.   Answer Question
    If you are really into market research- go for it. If not, you are better off going into marketing which gives better career progression opportunities.

Graduate - Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kantar Worldpanel in February 2013.

To apply for the Client Services position at Kantar, the following process is :
    - Online application
    - SHL Test (Verbal and Numerical Test)
    - 30 minute telephone interview (Why Marketing Research? Can you tell me a product that you like? Why do you like it?)
    - Assessment centre

- Communication exercise
    In the afternoon:
    - Group Exercise
    - Individual interview

Interview Questions
    • - Did you apply somewhere else?
      - What is the most important for you: respect, money, responsibility?
      - How do your friends describe you?

Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kantar Worldpanel.

1. test and group interview
    2. presentation on real case
    3. individual interview

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online – interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel.

first the interview with the account manager, then the case study, which was some info about a company, and sales data after another competitor entered the company. they asked you to analyse it and write conclusion and recommendation(on powerpoint), and do the presentation.

Interview Questions
    • answer with confidence, sometimes they would kept asking to make you doubts about the answer   Answer Question