Kao Brands Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kao Brands Company.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews before doing an on-site interview. I had 5 30-min interviews with various members on the team and HR. I also got a tour of the plant, which was very neat to see.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kao Brands Company (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of four back to back 30 minute interviews that were mostly conversational. Not particularly hard but long. The whole process was long. Before this, there were two phone interviews, one with HR and another with the actual audit team.

Interview Questions

Interview

Long. Had two phone interviews and then an on site interview where you interview 5-6 people. Some of the people you interview on-site seem a bit disinterested but most were decently engaged.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kao Brands Company in May 2014.

Interview

Starts with a screen through HR, followed by an interview with the Hiring manager and any one else they'd like to interview you, and finished with the team that finally makes the decision. The HR screen will typically be held over the phone, unless you're an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty typical questions for this type of position, particularly situations types of questions such as tell me about a time when you exhibited leadership. Some hiring managers will also ask how you like to be managed.   Answer Question

Customer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kao Brands Company (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interview process was extremely convoluted. Phone interview, 5 one-on-one interviews. In the last interview I had before offered a job, the interviewing manager indicated that she did not support this role and if it was up to her this position would have been outsourced. Really? Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave Procter & Gamble?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very unorganized.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kao Brands Company (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Interview process started with phone screens with the hiring manager, hiring manager peer, and a would-be peer, for a total of three phone interviews. Once I passed the phone screen process I was asked to come into the Kao Brands office for face-to-face interviews. I had a total of 8 one hour interviews over the one day I visited the office. I met with the VP of the department, his direct reports, would be colleagues, and the HR rep. All interviewers were very professional and you could tell each one had a specific area they were probing into. For example, they would probe into leadership abilities, problem solving skills, teamwork, etc. After the interview process, the decision was communicated to me within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed at what you set out to do. Why did you fail and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary was negotiable a bit, but not much.

Research & Development Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Kao Brands Company (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

I was interviewing for a Scientist Position in Hair Care. I was contacted through a third party to set up a time for a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone call went verywell the manager was a down to earth person that was actually interested in what I had to say, my questions where answered with serious thought. I was told that I would hear back from him in 2-3 weeks. Eight weeks later I was contacted to set up an face to face. I was sent via email a schedule for the day I had 7 different interviews over the course of eight hours. I met with the VP of R and D all the way down to a new higher of about 14 months. Even though it was long and difficult to maintain that day of interviews it provided a good look at company culture. Everyone was excited to work for the company and they loved thier job and had lots of good things to say about the other interviewers. Again I was told that I would hear something back in 2-3 weeks. After another 8 weeks I was contacted to say that I was going to be passed over for that position, however there was a technition role available in skin care "are you interested". I was told that I would be contacted by the highering manager for a phone interview. After 2 weeks I was contacted to set up the interview. That interview did not go well the personality that manager had did not line up with the pesonalities of anyof the other 7 people that I spoke with. She was almost dismissive of me. She conducted the one on one phone call on speaker phone and left her microphone on which caused a very distracting echo on my end which made it hard to concentrate. I was told that I would be contacted in 2-3 weeks with a response because she was leaveing the office for a few days at that point and wanted to wrap up the interview process before that. I have never been contacted through official channels. However, I do have a friend who works for the company he told me that after a conversation with that manager it was between me and a contractor and they gave the job to the contractor. I am not terribly disappointed by being passed over for a contractor. That makes sense to me. What I am upset about was when it was all said and done from the time I was first contacted about the job until the final interview it ended up being about 9 months. This makes me wonder how hard it is to get anything done at this company. I have tried off and on to apply for other positions, or to contact any of the managers and to no avail, it is if it never happened. From what I can gather if you work in R and D it can be a fun and rewarding place to work with opportunity for advancement and travel.

Interview Questions

• What one thing would you change about where you work now?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kao Brands Company (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

Kao Brands does behavioral style interviewing. Multiple people will meet with you and score your answers. Then the group will meet to decide further action

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to bring a project in with limited resources   Answer Question

Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kao Brands Company (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2009.

Interview

Initial interview was with HR over the phone. Very generic questions such as what are my strengths and weaknesses, why did I want this job, ect. I also went through my resume briefly, highlighting major successes. Second interview was also over the phone with direct manager. Questions were very factual...how many years did you do X, what tools are you familiar with, ect. Based on my responses (which were apparent on my resume) it was deemed I did not have enough experience.

Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kao Brands Company in November 2009.

Interview

It was very quick.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about troubleshooting a customer who has no internet.   Answer Question