Kaplan College

2.0

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kaplan College in August 2014.

Started off with a group interview. There were 2 separate group interviews of at least 30 people total, gunning for 2 spots. The director gave his spiel about the position, then gave you a chance to leave if you didn't feel that the position was for you. After this little break, each person was asked to introduce him/herself and indicate why (s)he was the best candidate. That was it. I got a call 3 hours later asking for a second-round interview. I also had to do an online personality assessment. I went in for about 30 minutes and met with the director, who didn't really ask me many questions. We just talked and it was really laid-back and I thought I nailed it. He said I would hear from him the next day about the 3rd round interviews. It's over a week later and I haven't heard. I called twice and e-mailed once and never got a response. Very unprofessional, in my opinion, which is a bummer because I really liked the position, property, staff, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Expect to talk about yourself. He didn't ask a lot about why you would be good for the job, so you need to make those connections yourself and put them out there.   Answer Question

Career Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaplan College in June 2012.

Group Interview setting very facinating, great idea for any team environment position.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to an already established, cohesive team.   Answer Question
    not bad all

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaplan College in April 2010.

Submitted application though Jobing.com. HR specialist with Jobing forwarded application to campus HR. Campus HR forwarded to hiring manager (program chair). Program chair called for a brief phone interview, set up in person interview. Once successful in person intervew, scheduled mock teach. Hired.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations at hire. Raise negotiations at annual reviews rejected. Standard raise is 3%. Salary negotiation only occured once offered a position with another company.

Career Services Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan College in March 2011.

Very basic interview they asked typical interview questions. The initial interview was very short, it was also difficult to tell what type of person they were looking for as every applicant was different ranging from past engineers to homemakers. They did not give any feedback immediately after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one time someone was upset with you in a past job.   Answer Question
    • What is something that annoys you about other people?   Answer Question