Kaplan Higher Education

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan Higher Education in July 2009.

I interviewed with Kaplan for a data analyst position through a third party- an IT recruiter. I was skeptical, since I'm targeting financial services and my experience with IT is limited. Nonetheless in this market it would be non-sensical to pass up an interview for a decent job. The interviewers were professional yet icy cold. I could tell initially that they had little interest in me (most likely). Most of the questions were standard, until they got to a brainteaser that I feel they chose poorly. They could have asked me another one that would better test my thought process. Instead they asked me to name 5 uncommon uses of a brick and then listed a bunch of things I couldn't say. I was left with few suitable answers and a timed 20 seconds to answer. Well I only gave 2 "acceptable" ones and was dismissed.

Interview Questions
  • What is a personal weakness you need to work on (non job-wise)?   Answer Question
  • What are 5 uncommon uses of a brick, not including building, layering, or a paper-weight?   View Answers (7)