Kaplan Higher Education
www.khec.com Chicago, IL 500 to 999 Employees

Kaplan Higher Education Director Development Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Development Program Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education in February 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call from HR for a screening interview. I then interviewed with a regional VP a few days later. I visited one of the campuses shortly afterwards to have a first hand look at their operations. A week later, I was invited to the final interview along with about 10 others in Chicago.

I had 5 interviews with some being one on one and others being two on one. The questions were insightful and designed to truly identify the best candidates. There is a strong need to prove your commitment to the company and program on a long term basis (otherwise you will not get the offer).

Got the final decision in less than a week.

Interview Questions

Director Development Program

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews and 1 arranged "conversation" with a Kaplan employee who went to the same school as myself. The interviews were pretty straight forward. Almost totally focused on behavioral questions--if you know the STAR format of interviewing you should do well. Unlike many other interviews I've been on a felt that Kaplan was looking for the best person--not the person who could give the best answers--although I definitely have some doubts about the industry, Kaplan's interview process seemed very fair and straightforward.

Interview Question – How does working for Kaplan fit into your personal goals?   View Answer

Director Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education in July 2010.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews with a recruiter, a phone interview with an VP, then a day of in-person interviews with 3 different executives. The process was smooth and the recruiters were excellent in answering any questions I had. Make sure to have lots of different examples about things you have accomplished, teamwork, responsibilities, etc.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you were given a task without any direction and how did you accomplish it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Describe at time you had to help your team overcome differences to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question

Director Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education in August 2009.

Interview Details – First 2 interviews were done over the phone. Final round was in Chicago with interviews all day. Before the final round of interviews, everyone does a site visit. They want to know that you are committed to and passionate about education. You also need to be willing to relocate.

Interview Question – Mainly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaplan Higher Education

Worked for Kaplan Higher Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaplan Higher Education Director Development Program interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kaplan Higher Education employees and interview candidates.