Kaplan Higher Education Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education in June 2014.

I was asked about previous work experiences and any training I had given.was quick and precise.Very professional place to work it seems.Everyone has been nice and helpful the whole time I have been there.

made fair offer

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education in March 2010.

The interview process involved doing a "mock teach" where I was expected to teach on a subject of my choosing for 20 minutes. The "students" were other employees who were available to sit in on the process. They were courteous and attentive. Because of the amount of prior experience that I had, the interview process was not very extensive.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a student asked you how to do something that was not ethical?   Answer Question
    I was asked what I expected for salary, and was told that there were specific pay rates depending on experience.

Instructional Designer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education in February 2010.

The hiring process was quite lengthy, but they went through an organizational change which caused a delay. I had 4 separate interviews, the last of which was a group interview with approximately 12-15 people. I had to show work samples from various companies.

Interview Questions
    • How long does it take to create an online course?   View Answer
    There wasn't really one. The number they offered was not negotiable. There was also no negotiation for time off/benefits.

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education in October 2010.

The process was streamlined, it's more about who you know than what you put on paper.

Interview Questions
    • Could you fire the man sitting next to you if you knew him all your life?   View Answer
    No negation, just "When can you start"?

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education in April 2013.

This was ok due to the older administration, once it changed, the place became a dump!!

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education.

1. Group Panel Interview
    2. 2 on 1 interview
    3. Final interview with directors

Interview Questions
    • 1. How will you do things differently than the last person?   Answer Question

Career Services Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education.

I've had 2 phone interviews from two different Kaplan recruiters for different positions within Career Services in the past 4 months. Phone interviewing is tough enough when you can't actually see (or read) the other person, but I get the feeling that being a Kaplan recruiter is pretty much a thankless, I-will-read-from-a-prepared-stock-script sort of job...because they're very robotic in their questioning. More specifically, and regrettably, they rarely seem to have the nuances of the positions they're actually interviewing people for. They'll often respond "Umm...that's a good question. You'll probably want to bring that up to campus staff if it gets that far." But, worst of all - and a professionally egregious offence - both recruiters told me that "you will hear back from ME within a week of this interview." Neither time did I hear back.

Psst...Kaplan...you might want to hire some new recruiters and re-tool your phone interviewing process. Better yet, save some money on "executive recruiters" and put the interviewing process into the hands at the folks at the campus level who will better know the types of candidates they're looking to hire.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the biggest professional challenge in your career? (THAT is an extremely vague question...I thought it very odd for someone who has seen MANY "big professional challenges" over the course of my career)   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education in May 2010.

The interview process was very long. I met with the director of admissions three or four times. I also met with the campus direct and four other admissions reps. Meeting with the other reps was really helpful in terms of knowing if I would like the job.

Interview Questions
    • I always think sales role playing questions are hard because theyre awkward.   Answer Question
    I got what I asked for which was on the higher end of what they were offering.

Criminal Justice Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Panorama City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panorama City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education in August 2011.

I was interviewed by a panel to get a feel of my qualifications for the position and then I was asked to do a practice teaching session to show that I was able to teach. I thought the panel was professional and they were sincerely involved in the process and committed to the policies and procedures of the organization. Simply put they were dedicated educators.

Training Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kaplan Higher Education in July 2011.

Very organized, communication between departments was very evident, allowed for ease in processing paperwork, scheduling and followup visits. Friendly atmosphere, team building and proud of organization and its mission. Entire organization welcomes you as you come out for interview process, provide background, vision and commitment to the organization, and the customers it services.

Interview Questions
    • How would you work to have a student return to campus after missing several days, how would you explain to them the importance of completing the program?   View Answer
    • What would you do if a student came to you in confidence to inform you they are the victim of spouse abuse?   View Answer
    No need to, salary offered was well in line with average for area. Appears they put emphasis on quality of candidates rather than lowest costs to organization.

Worked for Kaplan Higher Education? Contribute to the Community!