Kaplan Higher Education Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.8

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kaplan Higher Education (Columbus, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

I was asked about previous work experiences and any training I had given.was quick and precise.Very professional place to work it seems.Everyone has been nice and helpful the whole time I have been there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

made fair offer

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan Higher Education (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews were required. Immediate supervisor, campus president, program chairs, and senior VP. The process took a while - primarily for the background check to clear. I was however able to tour the campus, see my future office, and meet most of the people with whom I would directly be working. The process seemed clear and logical, just nerve wracking at the end while I waited for the background check to clear.

Interview Questions

• How I would work to assist student retention.   1 Answer

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan Higher Education (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

1. Group Panel Interview 2. 2 on 1 interview 3. Final interview with directors

Interview Questions

• 1. How will you do things differently than the last person?   Answer Question

Career Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kaplan Higher Education.

Interview

I've had 2 phone interviews from two different Kaplan recruiters for different positions within Career Services in the past 4 months. Phone interviewing is tough enough when you can't actually see (or read) the other person, but I get the feeling that being a Kaplan recruiter is pretty much a thankless, I-will-read-from-a-prepared-stock-script sort of job...because they're very robotic in their questioning. More specifically, and regrettably, they rarely seem to have the nuances of the positions they're actually interviewing people for. They'll often respond "Umm...that's a good question. You'll probably want to bring that up to campus staff if it gets that far." But, worst of all - and a professionally egregious offence - both recruiters told me that "you will hear back from ME within a week of this interview." Neither time did I hear back. Psst...Kaplan...you might want to hire some new recruiters and re-tool your phone interviewing process. Better yet, save some money on "executive recruiters" and put the interviewing process into the hands at the folks at the campus level who will better know the types of candidates they're looking to hire.

Interview Questions

• What has been the biggest professional challenge in your career? (THAT is an extremely vague question...I thought it very odd for someone who has seen MANY "big professional challenges" over the course of my career)   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan Higher Education (Phila, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

This was ok due to the older administration, once it changed, the place became a dump!!

Criminal Justice Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panorama City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kaplan Higher Education (Panorama City, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel to get a feel of my qualifications for the position and then I was asked to do a practice teaching session to show that I was able to teach. I thought the panel was professional and they were sincerely involved in the process and committed to the policies and procedures of the organization. Simply put they were dedicated educators.

Training Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kaplan Higher Education (San Antonio, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Very organized, communication between departments was very evident, allowed for ease in processing paperwork, scheduling and followup visits. Friendly atmosphere, team building and proud of organization and its mission. Entire organization welcomes you as you come out for interview process, provide background, vision and commitment to the organization, and the customers it services.

Interview Questions

• How would you work to have a student return to campus after missing several days, how would you explain to them the importance of completing the program?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a student came to you in confidence to inform you they are the victim of spouse abuse?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need to, salary offered was well in line with average for area. Appears they put emphasis on quality of candidates rather than lowest costs to organization.

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kaplan Higher Education (Riverside, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was called for an on the spot interview where the representative asked general questions about my work experience and what I knew about the position. I was asked to come to a 1 on 1 interview and when I arrived at the university I filled out an application. The manager who conducted the interview was new to this campus and was hoping to change the department and to meet more ambitious goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you get in contact with a student that won't respond to your attempts to communicate with them?   Answer Question

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kaplan Higher Education (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

The process was streamlined, it's more about who you know than what you put on paper.

Interview Questions

• Could you fire the man sitting next to you if you knew him all your life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negation, just "When can you start"?

Curriculum Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kaplan Higher Education (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Employees at Kaplan get bonuses for bringing good people in, so make a connection through networking to get your resume in. Lots of management - interviewed with 4 levels of managers. Be prepared to say the same thing several times. Some nice people, they are doing a lot of restructuring and hiring right now. A few references to office issues and delays getting things done.