Kaplan Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.8

SAT Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan (Boston, MA).

Interview

I've never experienced a more convoluted and time consuming interview process -- an "audition," followed by a "technical interview," followed by a standard interview. All steps are conducted electronically and by different offices which are seemingly unconnected. Too many people are involved for the process to be cohesive. After all of this, I was finally offered a position, but every class they offered for me to teach was 50 miles or more from the location where I applied, Long story short, apply to the Princeton Review.

Standardized Patient Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

You are interviewed and you also audition to see if you are able to take a note that the director gives you in order to play the case more effectively.

Teacher/Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

There are three separate "interviews." The first is a video audition (~2 min). The second is an interview with a current tutor; you have to teach him or her a few problems and answer some questions. The third interview is with a hiring manager, and that covers more of your educational and previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone you were tutoring had someone else sit in on your tutoring session?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

Had a Human Resource phone screen that was very lengthy. After that, a face-to-face interview was scheduled. There was more than on person for the interview and walk through the campus.

ESL Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

They had me do a mock lesson as an interview. I thought it was pretty much a question of hiring me or not - I didn't realize that my hourly pay would also be set based on what they perceived my ability to be and never change after that. Anyway, if you apply here, bring all you have to impress them in the mock lesson: make it student-centered and communicative. And it is probably best to make it something for advanced students as Kaplan has a lot of more advanced students.

Negotiation

When I got the job offer I was surprised at the hourly rate they paid as it was significantly less than I would have expected. However I assumed that it would be the same for every new teacher. Later I realized that most of my coworkers make a couple bucks more than me per hour and getting any kind of raise is pretty much a joke. That is pretty frustrating. I wish I had thought of trying to negotiate at all.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaplan (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Well the interview process was not very difficult. They emailed shortly after I applied to set up interview time. He called and asked some questions about my experience and goals. Also where do I see myself type question.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

You will be doing a 10 min teach back which can be on absolutely anything . Do not include personal info into your teach back . This will be in front of 6-7 head honchos you must be able pull into by interest in your topic. You should Bring props and make a PowerPoint if you can . Have ques ready for them as an instructor would . Good luck!!

Interview Questions

• How would you engage one student who was not interacting with the rest of class. Without being personal with them how would you help them help themsrlves   1 Answer

Negotiation

If my background check and listed employers came back pos salary would be based on experience

Educational Sales Interview

Interview

Application, phone screening from HR, in person interview with hiring manager. Several more interviews with additional influencers. Fly to corporate to meet with VPs and other area managers. Entire process can take six to eight weeks to complete. Background check, drug test, and final offer made once results have been submitted.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Why you? What do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

GMAT Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

They asked me to audition less than 24 hours after I applied. They asked me to interview less than 24 hours after I sent in my audition. Then they didn't get back to me about the interview for over 2 weeks. After I finally had the first interview they asked me to do the second interview and they would send me the details. They never did and I contacted my only contact there several times but never heard back again. Oh well.

Accommodation Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kaplan (Burien, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

After applying on line I heard back from them asking for an interview within five days. I went in for the interview, and both the "School Director" (site director) and the incumbent in the position I was applying for interviewed me. It was a cordial interview and I thought it went well. They asked the normal sorts of questions. It pays about $20-22 and hour and is only 25 hours per week.

Interview Questions

• This position is working with students who are coming to the US to learn English and helping them plan where they'll stay and other logistics. They did ask how I would communicate with people if neither of us spoke any of the other's language. I had some strategies that they seemed satisfied with (but since I wasn't sure of their policies, that was a bit difficult. Interestingly they don't require that you speak specific languages for the job. They said that about 30% of their participants are Japanese.   1 Answer