Kaplan

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.8

Standardized Patient Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kaplan.

You are interviewed and you also audition to see if you are able to take a note that the director gives you in order to play the case more effectively.

Teacher/Tutor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan.

There are three separate "interviews." The first is a video audition (~2 min). The second is an interview with a current tutor; you have to teach him or her a few problems and answer some questions. The third interview is with a hiring manager, and that covers more of your educational and previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone you were tutoring had someone else sit in on your tutoring session?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan.

Had a Human Resource phone screen that was very lengthy. After that, a face-to-face interview was scheduled. There was more than on person for the interview and walk through the campus.

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaplan in March 2014.

They had me do a mock lesson as an interview. I thought it was pretty much a question of hiring me or not - I didn't realize that my hourly pay would also be set based on what they perceived my ability to be and never change after that. Anyway, if you apply here, bring all you have to impress them in the mock lesson: make it student-centered and communicative. And it is probably best to make it something for advanced students as Kaplan has a lot of more advanced students.

When I got the job offer I was surprised at the hourly rate they paid as it was significantly less than I would have expected. However I assumed that it would be the same for every new teacher. Later I realized that most of my coworkers make a couple bucks more than me per hour and getting any kind of raise is pretty much a joke. That is pretty frustrating. I wish I had thought of trying to negotiate at all.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Kaplan in January 2014.

Well the interview process was not very difficult. They emailed shortly after I applied to set up interview time. He called and asked some questions about my experience and goals. Also where do I see myself type question.

Interview Questions
    • Where do I see myself in the next 5 years?   View Answer

Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan.

You will be doing a 10 min teach back which can be on absolutely anything . Do not include personal info into your teach back . This will be in front of 6-7 head honchos you must be able pull into by interest in your topic. You should Bring props and make a PowerPoint if you can . Have ques ready for them as an instructor would . Good luck!!

Interview Questions
    • How would you engage one student who was not interacting with the rest of class. Without being personal with them how would you help them help themsrlves   View Answer
    If my background check and listed employers came back pos salary would be based on experience

Educational Sales Interview

Application, phone screening from HR, in person interview with hiring manager. Several more interviews with additional influencers. Fly to corporate to meet with VPs and other area managers. Entire process can take six to eight weeks to complete. Background check, drug test, and final offer made once results have been submitted.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. Why you? What do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

GMAT Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan.

They asked me to audition less than 24 hours after I applied. They asked me to interview less than 24 hours after I sent in my audition. Then they didn't get back to me about the interview for over 2 weeks. After I finally had the first interview they asked me to do the second interview and they would send me the details. They never did and I contacted my only contact there several times but never heard back again. Oh well.

Accommodation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burien, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burien, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kaplan in August 2013.

After applying on line I heard back from them asking for an interview within five days. I went in for the interview, and both the "School Director" (site director) and the incumbent in the position I was applying for interviewed me. It was a cordial interview and I thought it went well. They asked the normal sorts of questions. It pays about $20-22 and hour and is only 25 hours per week.

Interview Questions
    • This position is working with students who are coming to the US to learn English and helping them plan where they'll stay and other logistics. They did ask how I would communicate with people if neither of us spoke any of the other's language. I had some strategies that they seemed satisfied with (but since I wasn't sure of their policies, that was a bit difficult. Interestingly they don't require that you speak specific languages for the job. They said that about 30% of their participants are Japanese.   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Kaplan in July 2013.

I applied online for the staff accountant position, and about a week later I got an email requesting a phone interview. I responded the same day and set the interview up for the next day. The interview went well. He asked me questions based off of my resume. Questions like what were your duties at this position? Why do you want to work for Kaplan?