Kaplan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Oracle Applications Developer Interview

Oracle Applications Developer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kaplan in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from HR within a couple of days, generic questions such why do you want to make a move, what makes you a good employee etc, then setup a call with IT Manager. 2 rounds of technical interview with the same person. First was a telephonic interview, questions to understand how good the candidate is with Oracle ERP, second was a webconference kind of interview in which interviewer asked me to navigate Oracle screens and similar stuff. Than they spoke to the references i provided, setup a call with Director, very generic questions, it was more of a discussion. Sent offer letter within 2 days.

Negotiation Details – Not much, very minimal hike from the original offer.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kaplan in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly easy. They called me first and took a brief interview over the phone. I was called for an in person interview. Two people from the level 2 support (I believe) took the interview. It went fairly well and they said they'd get back to me very soon. I heard back from them after two weeks saying that the role had not materialized yet.

Interview Question – Tell us about your past work experiences.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Instructor
Brooklyn, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kaplan in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interview consists of one teaching presentation and interview with academic manager. If you look confident in front of the audience, and are qualified to teach the exams through your own test scores, you have the job.

Interview Questions

SAT Tutor Interview

SAT Tutor
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kaplan in January 2007.

Interview Details – Although the hiring process required some skills tests and a presentation, it was was very laid back. I had to submit SAT test scores to the office. Also, before the interview I was asked to prepare a short 5-10 minute lesson. I had to conduct the short lesson in front of the hiring manager, she asked me a few questions about my teaching experience and that was about it. Overall it seems like they just want to see if you can handle the patience and responsibility necessary to teach high school students.

Interview Question – I do not recall any tough or abstract questions. The hiring manager just wanted to get a feel for my skills and aspirations. Expect questions like, Why do you want to work in the field of education?   Answer Question

Worked for Kaplan? Contribute to the Community!