Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaplan University
- Admissions Advisor (11)
- Admissions Representative (8)
- Adjunct Professor (3)
- Financial Aid Officer (2)
- Financial Aid Servicing Counselor (2)
- Admission Advisor (2)
- Operations (1)
- Training Position (1)
- SAT/ACT Teacher (1)
- Full Time Adjunct (1)
- Career Services Advisor (1)
- Admissions Specialist (1)
- Financial Aid Specialist (1)
- LEAD Program (1)
- Assistant Admissions Advisor (1)
- Admissions Advisor II (1)
- Admission's Advisor (1)
- Senior Manager (1)
- Librarian (1)
- Academic Advisor (1)
- Instructor (1)
- Specialist (1)
- Executive Director (1)
- Senior Recruiting Manager (1)
- Director, Call Center Operations (1)
- Director of Career Services (1)
- Financial Aid (1)
Adjunct Professor Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Kaplan University (Saint Louis, MO).
I interviewed for the job, although the interview was pretty casual. Once I passed that step, I had to come back in to audition for the job by delivering a short lesson. Attendees completed a written evaluation of my presentation, then the Dean discussed my scores with me. I was evaluated on presentation style, vocal projection, use of the whiteboard, clarity of the lesson itself, and more. Once hired, I had to submit official transcripts and complete a lot of onboarding paperwork and required online training (sexual harassment, security, etc.). The whole process from the call for the interview to being ready to teach my first class was probably close to three weeks.
- I was graded down for mentioning that I was tired (I worked a night job at the time, so I had had very little sleep) to a few people before the actual lesson began. Since I had not been aware that I was already being evaluated, I was somewhat taken aback by this. Answer Question
There was no negotiation. For each course, the professor signs a contract for that ten week term. Salary starts out at $1,000 per course.
Other Interview Reviews for Kaplan University
Adjunct Professor InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Kaplan University.
A series of essays, grading of student assignments and mock participation in Discussion Board.
What were you able to negotiate? What advice would you give others considering an offer?
Adjunct Professor InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Kaplan University in January 2008.
Asked questions for which I should be subject matter expert.
There is none.