Kaplan University

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Admissions Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview Details – Name a time when you didn't get along with your employee and how did you handle it?

Very Easy Interview

Admissions Representative

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview Details – Highly unprofessional hiring process. I was called for an interview and the initial personality questionnaire. However, they never actually followed through and scheduled an interview. When I called to follow up, the receptionist hung up on me.

Interview Question – There were odd questions on the personality assessment regarding political affiliation.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in February 2009.

Interview Details – It was a three stage process. Submit resume, interview with HR, interview with first line manager. Since I was hired they've moved to "group" interviews where a candidate will sit with three to four managers.

Interview Question – No difficult questions if you have solid sales experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any. They made the offer I could accept it or turn it down.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in December 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter found my resume on Monster.com. He was very straight forward about what to expect on the job which I respected very much so.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an internal conflict with a Manager?   View Answer
  • What is your weakest characteristic?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Looking for other options. Location to far commute for the pay.

Miami, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kaplan University in May 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online. An HR rep promptly got back to me wanting to set up the interview over the phone for 30 minutes first. After the phone interview which was a screening of whether I fit the position or not he said that someone would call me if the manager decides to interview me. I got called in by the manager who then asked me why was I interested in the position. At first I did not think much of them. They were not dressed in suits or something fancy as I would say people would dress during the interview process. Very tidy place but the rest of the people seemed like they needed to work hard to keep the job. Very good interview process. Very interesting questions. Advice would be, be punctual, answer the questions realistically and think about what you are saying. It helps to make sure they truly understand your answers and also helps you make a decision of whether you would want to work for that company or not.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Because I had to work some nights which I cant due to babysitting issues.

Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Kaplan University in September 2009.

Interview Details – Phone Call Brief explanation of Job position conditions,hours,whats expected,benefits.
Awaiting Full phone interview.Will advise outcome.

Interview Question – Can you work the shifts and evening untill 9:00PM   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Admissions Representative

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kaplan University in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. She conducted a phone interview which was pretty basic, just a summary of my sales experience. When I went in the next day I was interviewed by the same recruiter. Again, there was nothing surprising or even challenging about the questions. I think it was mainly to gauge my demeanor. I then immediately moved on to the third interview. I asked to be interviewed by the highest ranking employee available (because there were many). I sat with a Director of Admissions. We engaged in chit chat, then he asked if I'd participate in a role play, which I did. I thought it strange that he asked, but later he told me that most people refuse. Everyone I spoke to and saw looked generally happy. It's a rather large 2 story building, about the size of a cruise ship filled with rows of desks. The upstairs is brightly lit while the downstairs is a little dark and dingy.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where helping someone meant doing something that is not in the best interest of the compnay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The was no negotiation. Your starting salary was based on your degree and the number of years sales and/or management experience you had. All of management, as well as the recruiters, are dodgy when it comes to discussing the comp plan. I couldn't get a straight answer. its seemed as if they really didn't know themselves.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaplan University

Worked for Kaplan University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaplan University Admissions Representative interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kaplan University employees and interview candidates.