Kaplan University Admissions Representative Interview Questions

2.1

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Interview process - there were so many candidates that they brought in all candidates in to one room. Staff explained the company and the position available. I did not realize that our 2 min introductory speech would be the only communication on skills and what the candidate brings to the position. There was no warning that this would be the only time to pitch ourselves and I was disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Giving a 2 min pitch on yourself in front of the rest of the candidates.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kaplan University

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Name a time when you didn't get along with your employee and how did you handle it?

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Highly unprofessional hiring process. I was called for an interview and the initial personality questionnaire. However, they never actually followed through and scheduled an interview. When I called to follow up, the receptionist hung up on me.

Interview Questions

• There were odd questions on the personality assessment regarding political affiliation.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume on Monster.com. He was very straight forward about what to expect on the job which I respected very much so.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an internal conflict with a Manager?   1 Answer
    • What is your weakest characteristic?   1 Answer

Looking for other options. Location to far commute for the pay.

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

Phone Call Brief explanation of Job position conditions,hours,whats expected,benefits.
    Awaiting Full phone interview.Will advise outcome.

Interview Questions

• Can you work the shifts and evening untill 9:00PM   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaplan University (Miami, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied online. An HR rep promptly got back to me wanting to set up the interview over the phone for 30 minutes first. After the phone interview which was a screening of whether I fit the position or not he said that someone would call me if the manager decides to interview me. I got called in by the manager who then asked me why was I interested in the position. At first I did not think much of them. They were not dressed in suits or something fancy as I would say people would dress during the interview process. Very tidy place but the rest of the people seemed like they needed to work hard to keep the job. Very good interview process. Very interesting questions. Advice would be, be punctual, answer the questions realistically and think about what you are saying. It helps to make sure they truly understand your answers and also helps you make a decision of whether you would want to work for that company or not.

Interview Questions

Because I had to work some nights which I cant due to babysitting issues.

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2009.

Interview

It was a three stage process. Submit resume, interview with HR, interview with first line manager. Since I was hired they've moved to "group" interviews where a candidate will sit with three to four managers.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions if you have solid sales experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any. They made the offer I could accept it or turn it down.

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kaplan University in March 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. She conducted a phone interview which was pretty basic, just a summary of my sales experience. When I went in the next day I was interviewed by the same recruiter. Again, there was nothing surprising or even challenging about the questions. I think it was mainly to gauge my demeanor. I then immediately moved on to the third interview. I asked to be interviewed by the highest ranking employee available (because there were many). I sat with a Director of Admissions. We engaged in chit chat, then he asked if I'd participate in a role play, which I did. I thought it strange that he asked, but later he told me that most people refuse. Everyone I spoke to and saw looked generally happy. It's a rather large 2 story building, about the size of a cruise ship filled with rows of desks. The upstairs is brightly lit while the downstairs is a little dark and dingy.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where helping someone meant doing something that is not in the best interest of the compnay.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The was no negotiation. Your starting salary was based on your degree and the number of years sales and/or management experience you had. All of management, as well as the recruiters, are dodgy when it comes to discussing the comp plan. I couldn't get a straight answer. its seemed as if they really didn't know themselves.