Kaplan University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.6

SAT/ACT Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University in June 2015.

Interview

First, apply online. Then, there's a link for a first round screening online.
    Online self-recorded interview is followed by a Skype interview with a current Kaplan employee and finally a Skype interview with the regional recruiter.
    Then, you wait until the recruiter emails you about whether they hire you or not.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to emphasize the Kaplan teaching method?   Answer Question

Full Time Adjunct Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kaplan University in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy going and effective.. relaxing, telephone. My interviewer was the chair for my department, which was calming as our chair is an intelligent and very effective leader. Our chair is personable and knows who I am. We communicate on regular basis.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Interview process - there were so many candidates that they brought in all candidates in to one room. Staff explained the company and the position available. I did not realize that our 2 min introductory speech would be the only communication on skills and what the candidate brings to the position. There was no warning that this would be the only time to pitch ourselves and I was disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Giving a 2 min pitch on yourself in front of the rest of the candidates.   Answer Question

Admission Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kaplan University in July 2014.

Interview

I was given a phone interview by a recruiter and ask some behavioral questions, at the end of our 25 minutes interview she offer to set me up for a second interview with a manager. I had the interview and was interviewed by the ADOA and the DOA. They threw behavioral questions requesting to give examples and outcomes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when I plan something that back fired on me, honestly I have never made an work related plans that back fired   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate since they were pay pretty well compared to other colleges

Admissions Advisor Interview

Interview

Was called to set-up what I believed to be an interview after I submitted my resume' and application online. What it turned out to be was a "group" interview with about 9 other candidate. During our hour long presentation, the director explained that this position though it is titled "Admissions Ad visor" it is not inf act an advisory position, rather it is a sales position. During the presentation we were told that there would b e a short break and if the job wasn't for us or what we had expected then we could leave at that time.

I found this to be an odd procedure. Wouldn't it just be easier to be upfront in the job description rather than reverting to a certain amount of deception to get candidates in the door?

I felt this to be an unfair way of handling a position, though I do give points for creativity!

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I interviewed for the job, although the interview was pretty casual. Once I passed that step, I had to come back in to audition for the job by delivering a short lesson. Attendees completed a written evaluation of my presentation, then the Dean discussed my scores with me. I was evaluated on presentation style, vocal projection, use of the whiteboard, clarity of the lesson itself, and more. Once hired, I had to submit official transcripts and complete a lot of onboarding paperwork and required online training (sexual harassment, security, etc.). The whole process from the call for the interview to being ready to teach my first class was probably close to three weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was graded down for mentioning that I was tired (I worked a night job at the time, so I had had very little sleep) to a few people before the actual lesson began. Since I had not been aware that I was already being evaluated, I was somewhat taken aback by this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. For each course, the professor signs a contract for that ten week term. Salary starts out at $1,000 per course.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

I applied online and was then contacted by email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes with standard behavioral questions after which I was invited in for a 1:1 interview. The in person interview was more of an information session about the position and a tour of the learning center. I was asked some questions about my background and specifics about my last position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Name a time when you didn't get along with your employee and how did you handle it?

Training Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very organized and the recruiter had excellent follow up with me leading up to my first face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging questions had to do with actual scenarios that were happening in the company.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Started with the application. Then a phone interview with a corporate recruiter. Situation based questions were asked. After the phone interview I was asked to interview with the director of admissions and the associate director of admissions. More situation based questions and behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you closed a deal and how did you do it?   Answer Question