Kaplan University

41 candidate interviews

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Miami, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kaplan University in May 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online. An HR rep promptly got back to me wanting to set up the interview over the phone for 30 minutes first. After the phone interview which was a screening of whether I fit the position or not he said that someone would call me if the manager decides to interview me. I got called in by the manager who then asked me why was I interested in the position. At first I did not think much of them. They were not dressed in suits or something fancy as I would say people would dress during the interview process. Very tidy place but the rest of the people seemed like they needed to work hard to keep the job. Very good interview process. Very interesting questions. Advice would be, be punctual, answer the questions realistically and think about what you are saying. It helps to make sure they truly understand your answers and also helps you make a decision of whether you would want to work for that company or not.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Because I had to work some nights which I cant due to babysitting issues.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Adjunct Professor
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the job, although the interview was pretty casual. Once I passed that step, I had to come back in to audition for the job by delivering a short lesson. Attendees completed a written evaluation of my presentation, then the Dean discussed my scores with me. I was evaluated on presentation style, vocal projection, use of the whiteboard, clarity of the lesson itself, and more. Once hired, I had to submit official transcripts and complete a lot of onboarding paperwork and required online training (sexual harassment, security, etc.). The whole process from the call for the interview to being ready to teach my first class was probably close to three weeks.

Interview Question – I was graded down for mentioning that I was tired (I worked a night job at the time, so I had had very little sleep) to a few people before the actual lesson began. Since I had not been aware that I was already being evaluated, I was somewhat taken aback by this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. For each course, the professor signs a contract for that ten week term. Salary starts out at $1,000 per course.

Specialist Interview

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in March 2012.

Interview Details – Thorough and detailed with multiple interviews.

Interview Question – Same as most companies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fine.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Admissions Advisor
Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in July 2010.

Interview Details – During the interview process the Contracted Recruiter mentioned benefits and a pay scale that was never implimented and not true; the interview process was a two-part process, one with the Recruiter/Interviewer and another day with a Director of Admissions. I had to prove my education criteria, background, etc with the Recruiter/Interviewer and prove my previous skills, selling abilities in detail with the Director of Admissions.

Negotiation Details – If you interview for an Admissions Advisor position, get it in writing (with a signature) of accepted and expected salary that you feel comfortable with, dont take verbal salary increase expectation that most likely will not occur if this company is still running same business as when I worked there a few months ago.

Operations Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in January 2009.

Interview Details – The application and interview process was relatively standard and included telephone interview with a couple of people, then 1:1 interviews with 6 different people all on the same day. For anyone interviewing with Kaplan at senior levels bring your "A" game: do your homework, ask good questions, show well. It is a good culture, but very concensus driven - so you will have to impress many people to get an offer.

Interview Question – Of all your positions and prior work experience which one is the closest fit to this position you are interviewing for, our organization vision, and culture?   View Answer

Academic Advisor Interview

Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kaplan University in January 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter-phone interview
Called back by the recruiter and set up a one on one with the manager
Interview with the manage 1:1

Interview Question – I cant remember the questions to the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are competitive they will pay you based on your degree and experience,

Admissions Specialist Interview

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Kaplan University in November 2009.

Interview Details – Kaplan interviews thru Human Resources then allows the candidate to sit with reps and listen to calls. KAPLAN (in South Florida) MOSTLY HIRES JAMAICANS, CARIBBEAN BLACKS AND HISPANICS. Very few white applicants are hired, because ethnic Managers have last approval.

Interview Question – Ethnic Managers will ask embarassing questions about how a white applicant "gets along" with workers of different backrounds. Unethical and quite illegal.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Kaplan starts white applicants with Bachelor Degrees at 29,000. They are willing to hire ethnics that are "working on their degree".

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview Details – Name a time when you didn't get along with your employee and how did you handle it?

Adjunct Professor Interview

Adjunct Professor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in January 2008.

Interview Details – Asked questions for which I should be subject matter expert.

Negotiation Details – There is none.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Admissions Advisor
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview Details – I was recruited by Kaplan's inside recruiter and they called me for a phone screen. They then asked me to come in for my first interview with the recruiter only. I did, and I was given a tour of the site. I sat and listened to an Admissions Advisor as they did their job to see if it would be something I could see myself doing. They then called me for a second interview, this time with an ADOA and a DOA. I was then asked some basic interview questions and sold myself. I was offered the job the next day via a phone call from the recruiter.

Interview Question – I didn't really have an unexpected question, they were pretty standard interview questions. An example was: Tell me about a time in your career where you ran into an obstacle, and how you overcame that obstacle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaplan University

Worked for Kaplan University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaplan University interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kaplan University employees and interview candidates.