Kaplan University

2.5

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaplan University in May 2009.

I applied online. An HR rep promptly got back to me wanting to set up the interview over the phone for 30 minutes first. After the phone interview which was a screening of whether I fit the position or not he said that someone would call me if the manager decides to interview me. I got called in by the manager who then asked me why was I interested in the position. At first I did not think much of them. They were not dressed in suits or something fancy as I would say people would dress during the interview process. Very tidy place but the rest of the people seemed like they needed to work hard to keep the job. Very good interview process. Very interesting questions. Advice would be, be punctual, answer the questions realistically and think about what you are saying. It helps to make sure they truly understand your answers and also helps you make a decision of whether you would want to work for that company or not.

Interview Questions

Because I had to work some nights which I cant due to babysitting issues.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University in March 2012.

Thorough and detailed with multiple interviews.

Fine.

Financial Aid Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University in November 2011.

I was interviewed by 6 different members of financial aid management at the same time, with them all sitting around me and starring me down from the end of the table. It was a very nerve racking experience and meant to intimidate you. Luckily I don't scare easily. It took them about a week to get back to me and I had to make my decision right away.

Interview Questions
    There was not any negotiation, I was transferring from another department

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University.

I interviewed for the job, although the interview was pretty casual. Once I passed that step, I had to come back in to audition for the job by delivering a short lesson. Attendees completed a written evaluation of my presentation, then the Dean discussed my scores with me. I was evaluated on presentation style, vocal projection, use of the whiteboard, clarity of the lesson itself, and more. Once hired, I had to submit official transcripts and complete a lot of onboarding paperwork and required online training (sexual harassment, security, etc.). The whole process from the call for the interview to being ready to teach my first class was probably close to three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I was graded down for mentioning that I was tired (I worked a night job at the time, so I had had very little sleep) to a few people before the actual lesson began. Since I had not been aware that I was already being evaluated, I was somewhat taken aback by this.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. For each course, the professor signs a contract for that ten week term. Salary starts out at $1,000 per course.

Director of Career Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University in January 2012.

Traditional hiring process you apply on-line, follow-up and schedule meetings. Non-Traditional interviewing process it took multiple interviews completed a 1:1, then a group, then a lunch, then a presentation. You have to then complete an on-line application and background check release which can take up to minimum one week and maximum 30 days. Be prepared to share all previous employers, length of employment, and the time period. They will consider applicants with criminal convictions on case by case basis

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Kaplan University and with that why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    Willing to negotiate based of experience, willingness to learn, and skills & qualifications

Admission Advisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kaplan University in July 2014.

I was given a phone interview by a recruiter and ask some behavioral questions, at the end of our 25 minutes interview she offer to set me up for a second interview with a manager. I had the interview and was interviewed by the ADOA and the DOA. They threw behavioral questions requesting to give examples and outcomes.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when I plan something that back fired on me, honestly I have never made an work related plans that back fired   Answer Question
    I didn't attempt to negotiate since they were pay pretty well compared to other colleges

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kaplan University in August 2009.

I was contacted through email to interview for the company. I had a one on one interview for my first and second interview. I had to fill out a seven page application in the receptionist area. Make sure you know all your past employer information including address and phone numbers. You need to list four professional references and their addresses and phone numbers.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University in March 2010.

I applied online for a different position in Kaplan and was contacted by recruiter stating that I don't have enough experience for this position, but they would like to interview me for the Admissions Advisor position. She scheduled the interview for the same day few hours later. The recruiter was very friendly and interview went very well. Standard questions about my experience, examples of selling something, describe difficult situation and how I deal with it. Also she asked what I know about Kaplan. I was invited for the second in person interview wi recruiter. The first part of the interview was a simple Outlook test: to compose an email, attach file and send it. The second part of the interview were standard behavioral questions. Make see you use STAR method (situation, task, action, result). She said she would contact me within 2 weeks and the next and last step is an interview with HR manager. Very sales oriented job. Make sure you dress up very conservative.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University in February 2010.

phone interview then in person. I decided I didn't want the job.

Interview Questions
    • what has been your biggest dissappointment in business   View Answer

Admission Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kaplan University in February 2011.

Filled out for the position approximately a week ago, and got a call the following week to set up a phone interview, after initial phone interview a request was asked of me to come in to take a timed assessment test. This is as far as I've gotten. I have my assessment today.