Kaplan University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Aid Interview

Financial Aid
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and the recruiter contacted me the next day. We talked for approx. 30 minutes which made up a "pre-interview" or screening. We discussed job qualifications, requirements and salary expectations.Then that week I had my first official phone interview with someone in the financial aid office in Chicago. After that I had a 1:1 interview with the director of financial aid that was really simple and lasted 10 minutes. Overall not too stressful.

Interview Question – What do you expect to me the most difficult part of your job if you were hired by Kaplan?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Some room for negotiaition. Take advantage of shift differential.

Admissions Advisor
Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in July 2010.

Interview Details – During the interview process the Contracted Recruiter mentioned benefits and a pay scale that was never implimented and not true; the interview process was a two-part process, one with the Recruiter/Interviewer and another day with a Director of Admissions. I had to prove my education criteria, background, etc with the Recruiter/Interviewer and prove my previous skills, selling abilities in detail with the Director of Admissions.

Negotiation Details – If you interview for an Admissions Advisor position, get it in writing (with a signature) of accepted and expected salary that you feel comfortable with, dont take verbal salary increase expectation that most likely will not occur if this company is still running same business as when I worked there a few months ago.

Admission Advisor Interview

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Kaplan University in February 2011.

Interview Details – Filled out for the position approximately a week ago, and got a call the following week to set up a phone interview, after initial phone interview a request was asked of me to come in to take a timed assessment test. This is as far as I've gotten. I have my assessment today.

Assistant Admissions Advisor Interview

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Kaplan University in September 2010.

Interview Details – When I arrived to the interview, there was a man who took me up to a room that had about 20other people in the room. When the speaker entered the room she told us that we were not here for an individual interview but a group interview. She told us a little about the position as an admissions advisor and then told us that each of us had to give a 2 minute presentation in front of the class on why we were the best canidate for the job. Then we had to say what we would be doing if we didn't get the job.

After everyone was finished we were told that if we were still interested that we should go home and take the Chally test and they would then call us for a one on one interview if we passed the exam.

Director, Call Center Operations Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Kaplan University in July 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter made a cold call; asked if this was a good time to talk. Covered every aspect and position on my resume, wanted more detail. Spent over an hour reviewing my jobs and my background. Interesting technique – using a cold call.

Plantation, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Kaplan University in February 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview then in person. I decided I didn't want the job.

Interview Question – what has been your biggest dissappointment in business   View Answer

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for a different position in Kaplan and was contacted by recruiter stating that I don't have enough experience for this position, but they would like to interview me for the Admissions Advisor position. She scheduled the interview for the same day few hours later. The recruiter was very friendly and interview went very well. Standard questions about my experience, examples of selling something, describe difficult situation and how I deal with it. Also she asked what I know about Kaplan. I was invited for the second in person interview wi recruiter. The first part of the interview was a simple Outlook test: to compose an email, attach file and send it. The second part of the interview were standard behavioral questions. Make see you use STAR method (situation, task, action, result). She said she would contact me within 2 weeks and the next and last step is an interview with HR manager. Very sales oriented job. Make sure you dress up very conservative.

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in December 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter found my resume on Monster.com. He was very straight forward about what to expect on the job which I respected very much so.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an internal conflict with a Manager?   View Answer
  • What is your weakest characteristic?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Looking for other options. Location to far commute for the pay.

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kaplan University in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted through email to interview for the company. I had a one on one interview for my first and second interview. I had to fill out a seven page application in the receptionist area. Make sure you know all your past employer information including address and phone numbers. You need to list four professional references and their addresses and phone numbers.

Interview Question – What do you about financial aid?   View Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Miami, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kaplan University in May 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online. An HR rep promptly got back to me wanting to set up the interview over the phone for 30 minutes first. After the phone interview which was a screening of whether I fit the position or not he said that someone would call me if the manager decides to interview me. I got called in by the manager who then asked me why was I interested in the position. At first I did not think much of them. They were not dressed in suits or something fancy as I would say people would dress during the interview process. Very tidy place but the rest of the people seemed like they needed to work hard to keep the job. Very good interview process. Very interesting questions. Advice would be, be punctual, answer the questions realistically and think about what you are saying. It helps to make sure they truly understand your answers and also helps you make a decision of whether you would want to work for that company or not.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Because I had to work some nights which I cant due to babysitting issues.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaplan University