Kaplan University

2.5

Assistant Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University in September 2010.

When I arrived to the interview, there was a man who took me up to a room that had about 20other people in the room. When the speaker entered the room she told us that we were not here for an individual interview but a group interview. She told us a little about the position as an admissions advisor and then told us that each of us had to give a 2 minute presentation in front of the class on why we were the best canidate for the job. Then we had to say what we would be doing if we didn't get the job.

After everyone was finished we were told that if we were still interested that we should go home and take the Chally test and they would then call us for a one on one interview if we passed the exam.

Director, Call Center Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University in July 2010.

The recruiter made a cold call; asked if this was a good time to talk. Covered every aspect and position on my resume, wanted more detail. Spent over an hour reviewing my jobs and my background. Interesting technique – using a cold call.

Interview Questions
    • Why I left a previous employer....   View Answer
    • Why would I be interested in working for Kaplan?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University in July 2010.

During the interview process the Contracted Recruiter mentioned benefits and a pay scale that was never implimented and not true; the interview process was a two-part process, one with the Recruiter/Interviewer and another day with a Director of Admissions. I had to prove my education criteria, background, etc with the Recruiter/Interviewer and prove my previous skills, selling abilities in detail with the Director of Admissions.

If you interview for an Admissions Advisor position, get it in writing (with a signature) of accepted and expected salary that you feel comfortable with, dont take verbal salary increase expectation that most likely will not occur if this company is still running same business as when I worked there a few months ago.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University in July 2010.

Phone Interview and then a face to face - easy process

Not a lot of room to negociate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University in March 2010.

I applied online for a different position in Kaplan and was contacted by recruiter stating that I don't have enough experience for this position, but they would like to interview me for the Admissions Advisor position. She scheduled the interview for the same day few hours later. The recruiter was very friendly and interview went very well. Standard questions about my experience, examples of selling something, describe difficult situation and how I deal with it. Also she asked what I know about Kaplan. I was invited for the second in person interview wi recruiter. The first part of the interview was a simple Outlook test: to compose an email, attach file and send it. The second part of the interview were standard behavioral questions. Make see you use STAR method (situation, task, action, result). She said she would contact me within 2 weeks and the next and last step is an interview with HR manager. Very sales oriented job. Make sure you dress up very conservative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University in February 2010.

phone interview then in person. I decided I didn't want the job.

Interview Questions
    • what has been your biggest dissappointment in business   View Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University in December 2009.

Recruiter found my resume on Monster.com. He was very straight forward about what to expect on the job which I respected very much so.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with an internal conflict with a Manager?   View Answer
    • What is your weakest characteristic?   View Answer

Looking for other options. Location to far commute for the pay.

Admissions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Kaplan University in November 2009.

Kaplan interviews thru Human Resources then allows the candidate to sit with reps and listen to calls. KAPLAN (in South Florida) MOSTLY HIRES JAMAICANS, CARIBBEAN BLACKS AND HISPANICS. Very few white applicants are hired, because ethnic Managers have last approval.

Interview Questions
    • Ethnic Managers will ask embarassing questions about how a white applicant "gets along" with workers of different backrounds. Unethical and quite illegal.   View Answer
    Kaplan starts white applicants with Bachelor Degrees at 29,000. They are willing to hire ethnics that are "working on their degree".

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University in September 2009.

Phone Call Brief explanation of Job position conditions,hours,whats expected,benefits.
    Awaiting Full phone interview.Will advise outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work the shifts and evening untill 9:00PM   View Answer

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kaplan University in August 2009.

I was contacted through email to interview for the company. I had a one on one interview for my first and second interview. I had to fill out a seven page application in the receptionist area. Make sure you know all your past employer information including address and phone numbers. You need to list four professional references and their addresses and phone numbers.