Kaplan University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.6

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview and then a face to face - easy process

Negotiation

Not a lot of room to negociate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied online for a different position in Kaplan and was contacted by recruiter stating that I don't have enough experience for this position, but they would like to interview me for the Admissions Advisor position. She scheduled the interview for the same day few hours later. The recruiter was very friendly and interview went very well. Standard questions about my experience, examples of selling something, describe difficult situation and how I deal with it. Also she asked what I know about Kaplan. I was invited for the second in person interview wi recruiter. The first part of the interview was a simple Outlook test: to compose an email, attach file and send it. The second part of the interview were standard behavioral questions. Make see you use STAR method (situation, task, action, result). She said she would contact me within 2 weeks and the next and last step is an interview with HR manager. Very sales oriented job. Make sure you dress up very conservative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Plantation, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

phone interview then in person. I decided I didn't want the job.

Interview Questions

• what has been your biggest dissappointment in business   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume on Monster.com. He was very straight forward about what to expect on the job which I respected very much so.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an internal conflict with a Manager?   1 Answer
    • What is your weakest characteristic?   1 Answer

Looking for other options. Location to far commute for the pay.

Admissions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

Kaplan interviews thru Human Resources then allows the candidate to sit with reps and listen to calls. KAPLAN (in South Florida) MOSTLY HIRES JAMAICANS, CARIBBEAN BLACKS AND HISPANICS. Very few white applicants are hired, because ethnic Managers have last approval.

Interview Questions

• Ethnic Managers will ask embarassing questions about how a white applicant "gets along" with workers of different backrounds. Unethical and quite illegal.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Kaplan starts white applicants with Bachelor Degrees at 29,000. They are willing to hire ethnics that are "working on their degree".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

Phone Call Brief explanation of Job position conditions,hours,whats expected,benefits. Awaiting Full phone interview.Will advise outcome.

Interview Questions

• Can you work the shifts and evening untill 9:00PM   1 Answer

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Arlington, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

I was contacted through email to interview for the company. I had a one on one interview for my first and second interview. I had to fill out a seven page application in the receptionist area. Make sure you know all your past employer information including address and phone numbers. You need to list four professional references and their addresses and phone numbers.

Interview Questions

• What do you about financial aid?   1 Answer

Financial Aid Servicing Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

It was a basic interview with basic quesstions asked by most interviewers. Done with a panel.

Interview Questions

• How did you personally contribute to your previous position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a base pay and I was advised that we would have quartly reviews and increases based on retention. This was not the case. Base scale was all there was and only very small merit increases yearly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Miami, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied online. An HR rep promptly got back to me wanting to set up the interview over the phone for 30 minutes first. After the phone interview which was a screening of whether I fit the position or not he said that someone would call me if the manager decides to interview me. I got called in by the manager who then asked me why was I interested in the position. At first I did not think much of them. They were not dressed in suits or something fancy as I would say people would dress during the interview process. Very tidy place but the rest of the people seemed like they needed to work hard to keep the job. Very good interview process. Very interesting questions. Advice would be, be punctual, answer the questions realistically and think about what you are saying. It helps to make sure they truly understand your answers and also helps you make a decision of whether you would want to work for that company or not.

Interview Questions

Because I had to work some nights which I cant due to babysitting issues.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

Kaplan's recruiter called me for 2 months trying to entice me into an interview. I wasnt interested at the time. The salary that they were offering was less than I was currently making. Then a friend accepted a position there and ranted and raved how great they were. So I went for an interview and was referred to a SDOA and hired that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. However it was unexpected that this was a SALES position and not an ADVISOR position   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, Just ask for your expected salary and dont be afraid to keep walking. You will earn every nickle you make here so go for the top dollar.