Kaplan University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Kaplan University in September 2009.

Interview Details – Phone Call Brief explanation of Job position conditions,hours,whats expected,benefits.
Awaiting Full phone interview.Will advise outcome.

Interview Question – Can you work the shifts and evening untill 9:00PM   View Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview Details – A series of essays, grading of student assignments and mock participation in Discussion Board.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Admissions Advisor

Interviewed at Kaplan University

Interview Details – I was first called by a recruiter who asked me several questions about previous work experience based on my resume that she found online. Next she set up an interview with the director of admissions for the company. On the day of my interview the Human resources manager and the director of admissions interviewed me and asked me about my experiences. When the interview was done they askedme to sit outside and wait for about ten mintues. When they returned the offered me a position which I accepted that day. Work started about three weeks later.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Adjunct Professor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in January 2008.

Interview Details – Asked questions for which I should be subject matter expert.

Negotiation Details – There is none.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Admissions Advisor

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kaplan University in January 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me after I sent an email w/ my cover letter and resume. We had a phone interview where we reviewed my resume, and then an 1:1 interview. She moved me along to a shadowing process; whereby I'd shadow an employee and then have a group interview with two managers. The managers asked me a series of questions based off of previous situations. The STAR method is what they prefer. Basically give an answer that involves the Situation,Task, Action, Resolution.
The interviewing process is a bit ridulous! In addition to the phone interviews, shadowing, and meetting 2 managers, you're expected to fill out numerous other applications (even though you've already filled out one on the website), and complete a spelling/grammar test, in addition to other things.

Interview Question – How would you sale this university to potential students?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in January 2009.

Interview Details – The application and interview process was relatively standard and included telephone interview with a couple of people, then 1:1 interviews with 6 different people all on the same day. For anyone interviewing with Kaplan at senior levels bring your "A" game: do your homework, ask good questions, show well. It is a good culture, but very concensus driven - so you will have to impress many people to get an offer.

Interview Question – Of all your positions and prior work experience which one is the closest fit to this position you are interviewing for, our organization vision, and culture?   View Answer

Senior Recruiting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kaplan University in April 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter had surfaced my resume on The Ladders (a six figure income site). Contacted via email with specific questions. Then set up a phone interview. Recruiter was very new and couldn't really answer questions. Although, good rapport and was apparently handing off to "Director" for next step and in person interview. Despite attempts to follow up - never heard from them again.

Interview Question – What is your current compensation?
Then proceeded to tell me that this was not a six figure position even though it was posted on The Ladders.
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kaplan University in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. She conducted a phone interview which was pretty basic, just a summary of my sales experience. When I went in the next day I was interviewed by the same recruiter. Again, there was nothing surprising or even challenging about the questions. I think it was mainly to gauge my demeanor. I then immediately moved on to the third interview. I asked to be interviewed by the highest ranking employee available (because there were many). I sat with a Director of Admissions. We engaged in chit chat, then he asked if I'd participate in a role play, which I did. I thought it strange that he asked, but later he told me that most people refuse. Everyone I spoke to and saw looked generally happy. It's a rather large 2 story building, about the size of a cruise ship filled with rows of desks. The upstairs is brightly lit while the downstairs is a little dark and dingy.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where helping someone meant doing something that is not in the best interest of the compnay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The was no negotiation. Your starting salary was based on your degree and the number of years sales and/or management experience you had. All of management, as well as the recruiters, are dodgy when it comes to discussing the comp plan. I couldn't get a straight answer. its seemed as if they really didn't know themselves.

LEAD Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Kaplan University in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed on Campus with a College Relations Recruiter. Screening interview.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself enacting change in this role if you were to be hired?   Answer Question

Online Professor Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Kaplan University in April 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the Dept. Chair over the phone. The Chair told me she would recommend me to work for them and eventually ( about 2 weeks) I started receiving paperwork from HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaplan University