Kaplan University

Updated Aug 17, 2014

2.5

Financial Aid Servicing Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Kaplan University in June 2009.

It was a basic interview with basic quesstions asked by most interviewers. Done with a panel.

Interview Questions
    • How did you personally contribute to your previous position?   Answer Question
    There was a base pay and I was advised that we would have quartly reviews and increases based on retention. This was not the case. Base scale was all there was and only very small merit increases yearly.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaplan University in May 2009.

I applied online. An HR rep promptly got back to me wanting to set up the interview over the phone for 30 minutes first. After the phone interview which was a screening of whether I fit the position or not he said that someone would call me if the manager decides to interview me. I got called in by the manager who then asked me why was I interested in the position. At first I did not think much of them. They were not dressed in suits or something fancy as I would say people would dress during the interview process. Very tidy place but the rest of the people seemed like they needed to work hard to keep the job. Very good interview process. Very interesting questions. Advice would be, be punctual, answer the questions realistically and think about what you are saying. It helps to make sure they truly understand your answers and also helps you make a decision of whether you would want to work for that company or not.

Interview Questions

Because I had to work some nights which I cant due to babysitting issues.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University in March 2009.

Kaplan's recruiter called me for 2 months trying to entice me into an interview. I wasnt interested at the time. The salary that they were offering was less than I was currently making. Then a friend accepted a position there and ranted and raved how great they were.
    So I went for an interview and was referred to a SDOA and hired that afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. However it was unexpected that this was a SALES position and not an ADVISOR position   View Answer
    Easy, Just ask for your expected salary and dont be afraid to keep walking. You will earn every nickle you make here so go for the top dollar.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University in February 2009.

It was a three stage process. Submit resume, interview with HR, interview with first line manager. Since I was hired they've moved to "group" interviews where a candidate will sit with three to four managers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions if you have solid sales experience   Answer Question
    There wasn't any. They made the offer I could accept it or turn it down.

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kaplan University in November 2008.

This process was very simple initially and comparable to most other companies but once you get hired and you want to move around internally there is a ridiculas interview process. They even verify degrees if you're moving around internally even though they verified the degree before

none

Adjunct Professor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kaplan University.

A series of essays, grading of student assignments and mock participation in Discussion Board.

Admissions Advisor Interview

I was first called by a recruiter who asked me several questions about previous work experience based on my resume that she found online. Next she set up an interview with the director of admissions for the company. On the day of my interview the Human resources manager and the director of admissions interviewed me and asked me about my experiences. When the interview was done they askedme to sit outside and wait for about ten mintues. When they returned the offered me a position which I accepted that day. Work started about three weeks later.

Admissions Advisor Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kaplan University in January 2012.

Recruiter contacted me after I sent an email w/ my cover letter and resume. We had a phone interview where we reviewed my resume, and then an 1:1 interview. She moved me along to a shadowing process; whereby I'd shadow an employee and then have a group interview with two managers. The managers asked me a series of questions based off of previous situations. The STAR method is what they prefer. Basically give an answer that involves the Situation,Task, Action, Resolution.
    The interviewing process is a bit ridulous! In addition to the phone interviews, shadowing, and meetting 2 managers, you're expected to fill out numerous other applications (even though you've already filled out one on the website), and complete a spelling/grammar test, in addition to other things.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sale this university to potential students?   Answer Question

Senior Recruiting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kaplan University in April 2010.

Recruiter had surfaced my resume on The Ladders (a six figure income site). Contacted via email with specific questions. Then set up a phone interview. Recruiter was very new and couldn't really answer questions. Although, good rapport and was apparently handing off to "Director" for next step and in person interview. Despite attempts to follow up - never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • What is your current compensation?
      Then proceeded to tell me that this was not a six figure position even though it was posted on The Ladders.

View Answer

Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University in June 2009.

REcieved a phone call which turned into an interview; during the call the interviewer seemed excited, once i got to the "interview" it consisted of fill out an application, and then a brochure on ow kaplan could help me "enhance my job skills".