Kaplan University Interview Questions in Orlando, FL

2.2

Financial Aid Servicing Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview and then two face to face interviews with hiring managers. The interview process was good. I received a phone interview about a week after applying online. It was about 10-15 minutes long. During the phone interview, the recruiter informed me of the salary (not that competitive). Then the recruiter invited me for a face-to-face interview. Since, I was coming from out of town, the manager conducted the initial interview and then requested I stay for the second interview since she was please with my skills. Before the second interview, the manager gave me a tour of the facility (nice facility) and explained what I'd be doing there in depth. After the second interview, I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty straigt forward. I will say that they did like the fact that I knew background infrmation about the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, the pay was the pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was recruited by Kaplan's inside recruiter and they called me for a phone screen. They then asked me to come in for my first interview with the recruiter only. I did, and I was given a tour of the site. I sat and listened to an Admissions Advisor as they did their job to see if it would be something I could see myself doing. They then called me for a second interview, this time with an ADOA and a DOA. I was then asked some basic interview questions and sold myself. I was offered the job the next day via a phone call from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really have an unexpected question, they were pretty standard interview questions. An example was: Tell me about a time in your career where you ran into an obstacle, and how you overcame that obstacle.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary.

Admission's Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Very detailed interview process and long. I had to wait over a month for a training class to begin. Pretty typical interview process except toward the final 3 interview felt like an interrogation with two directors who tag teamed you with questions about your past. They would spite out questions and write down everything you answered. Very strange experience and felt like I did something wrong.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you where faced with a difficult situation and your outcome was negative because you made the wrong choice? What? Really?   2 Answers

Negotiation

They made a low ball offer and stated that was as high as they could go. At that point I explained that I wouldn't be able to accept less than $38k a year after they offered $30k to $33k a year max. Then they came back at $38k. My friend was offered $39,500.

Director, Call Center Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

The recruiter made a cold call; asked if this was a good time to talk. Covered every aspect and position on my resume, wanted more detail. Spent over an hour reviewing my jobs and my background. Interesting technique – using a cold call.

Interview Questions

• Why I left a previous employer....   1 Answer
    • Why would I be interested in working for Kaplan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied online for a different position in Kaplan and was contacted by recruiter stating that I don't have enough experience for this position, but they would like to interview me for the Admissions Advisor position. She scheduled the interview for the same day few hours later. The recruiter was very friendly and interview went very well. Standard questions about my experience, examples of selling something, describe difficult situation and how I deal with it. Also she asked what I know about Kaplan. I was invited for the second in person interview wi recruiter. The first part of the interview was a simple Outlook test: to compose an email, attach file and send it. The second part of the interview were standard behavioral questions. Make see you use STAR method (situation, task, action, result). She said she would contact me within 2 weeks and the next and last step is an interview with HR manager. Very sales oriented job. Make sure you dress up very conservative.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume on Monster.com. He was very straight forward about what to expect on the job which I respected very much so.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an internal conflict with a Manager?   1 Answer
    • What is your weakest characteristic?   1 Answer

Looking for other options. Location to far commute for the pay.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

Phone Call Brief explanation of Job position conditions,hours,whats expected,benefits.
    Awaiting Full phone interview.Will advise outcome.

Interview Questions

• Can you work the shifts and evening untill 9:00PM   1 Answer

Financial Aid Servicing Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

It was a basic interview with basic quesstions asked by most interviewers. Done with a panel.

Interview Questions

• How did you personally contribute to your previous position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a base pay and I was advised that we would have quartly reviews and increases based on retention. This was not the case. Base scale was all there was and only very small merit increases yearly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

Kaplan's recruiter called me for 2 months trying to entice me into an interview. I wasnt interested at the time. The salary that they were offering was less than I was currently making. Then a friend accepted a position there and ranted and raved how great they were.
    So I went for an interview and was referred to a SDOA and hired that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. However it was unexpected that this was a SALES position and not an ADVISOR position   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, Just ask for your expected salary and dont be afraid to keep walking. You will earn every nickle you make here so go for the top dollar.