Kaplan University Interview Questions in Orlando, FL

2.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Aid Servicing Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview and then two face to face interviews with hiring managers. The interview process was good. I received a phone interview about a week after applying online. It was about 10-15 minutes long. During the phone interview, the recruiter informed me of the salary (not that competitive). Then the recruiter invited me for a face-to-face interview. Since, I was coming from out of town, the manager conducted the initial interview and then requested I stay for the second interview since she was please with my skills. Before the second interview, the manager gave me a tour of the facility (nice facility) and explained what I'd be doing there in depth. After the second interview, I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straigt forward. I will say that they did like the fact that I knew background infrmation about the company.   View Answer
    No, the pay was the pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University.

I was recruited by Kaplan's inside recruiter and they called me for a phone screen. They then asked me to come in for my first interview with the recruiter only. I did, and I was given a tour of the site. I sat and listened to an Admissions Advisor as they did their job to see if it would be something I could see myself doing. They then called me for a second interview, this time with an ADOA and a DOA. I was then asked some basic interview questions and sold myself. I was offered the job the next day via a phone call from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really have an unexpected question, they were pretty standard interview questions. An example was: Tell me about a time in your career where you ran into an obstacle, and how you overcame that obstacle.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary.

Admission's Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University in January 2012.

Very detailed interview process and long. I had to wait over a month for a training class to begin. Pretty typical interview process except toward the final 3 interview felt like an interrogation with two directors who tag teamed you with questions about your past. They would spite out questions and write down everything you answered. Very strange experience and felt like I did something wrong.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you where faced with a difficult situation and your outcome was negative because you made the wrong choice? What? Really?   View Answer
    They made a low ball offer and stated that was as high as they could go. At that point I explained that I wouldn't be able to accept less than $38k a year after they offered $30k to $33k a year max. Then they came back at $38k. My friend was offered $39,500.

Director, Call Center Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University in July 2010.

The recruiter made a cold call; asked if this was a good time to talk. Covered every aspect and position on my resume, wanted more detail. Spent over an hour reviewing my jobs and my background. Interesting technique – using a cold call.

Interview Questions
    • Why I left a previous employer....   View Answer
    • Why would I be interested in working for Kaplan?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University in March 2010.

I applied online for a different position in Kaplan and was contacted by recruiter stating that I don't have enough experience for this position, but they would like to interview me for the Admissions Advisor position. She scheduled the interview for the same day few hours later. The recruiter was very friendly and interview went very well. Standard questions about my experience, examples of selling something, describe difficult situation and how I deal with it. Also she asked what I know about Kaplan. I was invited for the second in person interview wi recruiter. The first part of the interview was a simple Outlook test: to compose an email, attach file and send it. The second part of the interview were standard behavioral questions. Make see you use STAR method (situation, task, action, result). She said she would contact me within 2 weeks and the next and last step is an interview with HR manager. Very sales oriented job. Make sure you dress up very conservative.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaplan University in December 2009.

Recruiter found my resume on Monster.com. He was very straight forward about what to expect on the job which I respected very much so.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with an internal conflict with a Manager?   View Answer
    • What is your weakest characteristic?   View Answer

Looking for other options. Location to far commute for the pay.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University in September 2009.

Phone Call Brief explanation of Job position conditions,hours,whats expected,benefits.
    Awaiting Full phone interview.Will advise outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work the shifts and evening untill 9:00PM   View Answer

Financial Aid Servicing Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Kaplan University in June 2009.

It was a basic interview with basic quesstions asked by most interviewers. Done with a panel.

Interview Questions
    • How did you personally contribute to your previous position?   Answer Question
    There was a base pay and I was advised that we would have quartly reviews and increases based on retention. This was not the case. Base scale was all there was and only very small merit increases yearly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaplan University in March 2009.

Kaplan's recruiter called me for 2 months trying to entice me into an interview. I wasnt interested at the time. The salary that they were offering was less than I was currently making. Then a friend accepted a position there and ranted and raved how great they were.
    So I went for an interview and was referred to a SDOA and hired that afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. However it was unexpected that this was a SALES position and not an ADVISOR position   View Answer
    Easy, Just ask for your expected salary and dont be afraid to keep walking. You will earn every nickle you make here so go for the top dollar.