Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Kareo's interview process was incredibly consistent, thorough, and enjoyable. I had three phone interviews, before I was flown down for a day of in-person interviews at the HQ. It was a long day of talking with a lot of different people at various levels in the company, but it flew by. Each conversation was genuine and thought-invoking, and everyone's enthusiasm for the company and their work was palpable. Within less than 24 hours of accepting Kareo's offer, at least 15 teammates and people I'd met throughout the day reached out via email to congratulate me, and to express how excited they are about having me on the team. This is the kind of company I want to work with.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine whether what you've made is "good design"?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with the management chain starting at the top and worked my way down with more detailed interviews at each stage. I recommend simply downloading their software and use it imagining yourself as a small practitioner. The short comings and successes of the software will become immediately obvious and they will make for good talking points. It will also show that you are willing to do a little more in dept homework regarding their product.

Interview Questions

• Which of our products would you be interested in working on? How do you go about product management ? Pick an example of a challenge you have faced in product management and explain you solved it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Discussed a bit about me and asked technical questions. It was really nice speaking with them, they were really nice and I really enjoyed working with them on the technical question.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices (Troy, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

1) Phone interview with recruiter 2) Skype interview with multiple people in my department 3) Another phone interview with a designer. Interviews were are very friendly and low-key. Didn't have to do a test project, which was nice because I had to do quite a few unpaid test projects for other companies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific design problem you encountered in a previous job and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices.

Interview

First a sort introduce for the company culture, then manager will take you tour around the company. At last is one-on-one interview in office. Asked general projects in resume then solve the algorithm problem on white-board.

Interview Questions

• Find the character that appear the most number of times in a string   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called for onsite interview and it was the only round. The interview lasted for 45 mins. The interviewer was really good and made me feel relaxed. I was asked to write pseudo code on whiteboard. He asked me questions based on object oriented programming.

Interview Questions

• Sorting characters of string, Reversing linked list, Inorder successor traversal of a BST   1 Answer

RCM Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Very thorough and just a bit lengthy. However, having gotten the job, I can say that management are simply making sure their hires are a good fit. The interviewers were extremely pleasant and forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• What interested me in this position?   1 Answer

Billing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices.

Interview

Was Emailed for a Interview in office with the team. Then had a second interview on the spot. About 1 hour for the interview. Everyone was so friendly and great as anyone entered the door where I was sitting. Made the interview much more relaxing.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Experience that you have that relates? What was your day to day job tasks at previous jobs.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

After submitting my resume, I received follow up email from the recruiter. She was scheduled for a vacation so my phone interview was pushed out a few weeks. I was anxious to interview for the position because of the exciting culture of Kareo and because my background and experience were a great match. The salary range was much lower than I was hoping for. I wish that I was given the opportunity to meet them in person - when you are hiring a HR leader for a company that thrives on positive employee engagement and culture, a face to face meeting would be beneficial. They like geeky and goofy people with fun personalities. The recruiter also said she is really close to the previous HR Director and said how much Kareo loved her.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Took 4 very long hours with at least 5 people (most were young). Had to be shifted from one conference room to another. A lot of white boarding solving abstract problems. Felt very Google like.

Interview Questions

• Sketch how to solve bogle   1 Answer
    • How would you write a program to solve soduku?   1 Answer
    • How would you diagram the architecture (client/server) for a pixel tracker?   1 Answer