Karmaloop

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Karmaloop.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview by HR about a week after applying. Came in to two girls behind the desk with their beats by dre headphones on, which is fine. That's the vibe they want. Was taken into an interview room with two girls who were both nice enough. However, they were both clearly doing work while simultaneously interviewing me, and one seemed like she was going to pass out from exhaustion. They told me I would hear from them by the end of the week. The next day I wrote them both a thank you email, but never received a reply. Again, that's fine, sure they're busy. However, 4 weeks later I have never heard anything else from the company. It would have been both professional and courteous to acknowledge me either way, and simply say thanks but no thanks. The whole experience was a little unimpressive, and I had to take a day off of work for it.

Interview Question – What is your favorite kind of pizza...   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Karmaloop in May 2013.

Interview Details – I emailed an HR admin about the position. She then asked me to come in and interview The interview was rather short with standard questions like tell me about yourself. There definitely a social work culture there.

Interview Question – Frankly I expected more challenging questions. I came in extremely prepared and was rather let down by the questions' caliber.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I'm intern I wasn't able to negotiate anything. Although most internships in the industry are unpaid, I wish they would compensate for public transportation expenses.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at Karmaloop

Interview Details – Received a call after applying through my school. The phone interview was pretty easy. I spoke to the Marketing Mgr about my passion for fashion, past experiences, and how I keep up with fashion. About a week later I was asked to come to the Boston headquarters for an in person behavioral interview and I was asked about past experiences, what i would do to make the company better.

Interview Question – What would you do/change to make the company better?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Temp Copywriter Interview

Temp Copywriter

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Karmaloop.

Interview Details – There's no interview process for temps. You find a listing on twitter, send your resume, and then they ask you to come in for your first day. Easy but not good if you aren't the right person. They will hire anyone

Negotiation Details – None

Internet Marketing Interview

Internet Marketing
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Karmaloop.

Interview Details – After a brief phone interview, I came in for a market-related interview. Things are fast paced, and I don't think there is anyone working there under 30!

Interview Question – None at all, it was very casual and they let me do most of hte talker.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Karmaloop in October 2012.

Interview Details – was referred by a friend. got a call from hr person. 1 email and 1 in person email

Interview Question – nothing difficult. basically how would you handle customers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non. base pay plus tons of chances for overtime.

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Karmaloop in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen and then face to face interview interview with their Recruiter/HR person. After that meeting I had met with the Accounting and Finance Director and the Assistant Controller.

Interview Question – The Director of Finance had asked me technical revenue recognition and inventory questions regarding and pertaining to audit compliance.   Answer Question

Cannot Say, IT May Expose Who I Am Interview

Cannot Say, IT May Expose Who I Am
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Karmaloop in June 2012.

Interview Details – Office Culture seems great, everyone smiled or says hello when walking by, there's a Casual dress code, & everyone seemed to be hard at work.

I met with the head of the department for 35 minutes, which went smoothly. The interviewer was thorough with their questioning and super helpful in answering my iinqueries. I was a bit surprised I was not offered the position but I did lack some experience, in the apparel industry, though my skill set aligned great with the position and I went to school for this. However, I do realize the current job market is tough, tougher for those seeking to work in fashion in a city that has minimal companies in this industry.

Interview Question – How much do you know about our Company?
How do your past skills translate to the current open position?
Where do you see your career in 5-8 years?
What is the worst job you've had, and why?... What were somethings you did that you hated?
  View Answer

Writing Position Interview

Writing Position

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Karmaloop in August 2012.

Interview Details – My resume was passed on through a friend and I was brought in for an interview with an HR rep. I was given very little information about the job description as it seemed I was interviewing for a position that had not even been established or even really thought about yet. The interview consisted mostly of going over my resume and experience, and getting information about the company and culture of the workplace.
I was given a cursory tour of the workplace and picked up a bit on an unprofessional vibe. The space was a bit messy and unkempt (some unused broken furniture) once you left the main floor.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult questions. Most were standard "get to know you" interview fare.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Karmaloop in August 2011.

Interview Details – This interview was great. The office was really modern, but in an old building and set a really nice tone. The dress code seemed to be very lax and the company was very young (employee age). So many interesting things are going on, I am bummed that I didn't quite match the description for which they wanted to fill.

Anyways...Spoke to the HR guy over the phone. He asked what you know about the company (throw a few facts, when established, by whom, where and what brands they sell etc). He was great to talk to and was very excited about my experiences. We set up a time for me to come in a couple of days later. I met him first, asked me the same question about what I know about the company, salary requirement and then gave me a tour.

Met with the director of marketing who was really smart and great to talk to. I feel like we talked forever, but it lasted maybe an hour. We talked a bit about the position, but right off she made it clear that I didn't quite have what they were looking for. We then talked a lot about their online advertising goals and their vendors etc and I feel like I completely aced this part, that is IF I was interviewing for something more in that league.

Overall, this was a great interview and I wish they liked me, it seemed like a really fun place to work.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   View Answer

Worked for Karmaloop? Contribute to the Community!