Kaspersky Lab Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

A couple weeks ago I applied for a management position at Kaspersky Lab via LinkedIn, and a couple days later a recruiter called me which was great. However, it was while I was working at my part-time job so I didn't exactly have ample opportunity to elaborate on my skills and salary requirements with my co-workers seated right next to me. Unfortunately, the recruiter didn't email me or message me via InMail ahead of time to set up a time to speak so I could have been better prepared for the call. Instead, he dove right into questions without asking if that was a good time to speak so I may have come across as a disorganized candidate when that's far from the case. Despite not being nearly as prepared as I would have liked for a position I would have been an ideal candidate for, I got the impression that I would still be speaking with or possibly meeting with a vice president from the company. The recruiter also emailed me after the screening interview with his contact information, but after sending him a thank you email that day I heard nothing from either him or the vice president and the position now appears to be closed or filled. This isn't a sour grapes message by any means, but rather an opportunity for Kaspersky Lab to improve their hiring process. I would have loved the opportunity to work at Kaspersky Lab, or at the very least had a legitimate interview with someone from the company either on the phone or in person, as opposed to an ill-timed one-and-done screener, which was a first for me.

Interview Questions

• They asked for some background information.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Boston, MA).

Interview

Talked to HR who was trying to sell me on a role. When asked if I'd be interested in a conversation with the hiring manager I said yes that is love to learn more about the role. He laughed and said the role was exactly what was outlined in the job description and that he would setup an interview for me. So basically I wasn't allowed to ask questions about the role. I said if the role consisted of the exact six bullet points listed in the JD I wasn't interested. Shocked that he didn't realize interviews are two way. No thanks!

Interview Questions

Kaspersky Lab Response

Apr 1, 2015 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Hi, Thank you for your review. Your feedback is important for us. We're deeply sorry that we weren't able to properly assist you and provide you with the information that you needed on your ... More

SMB Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Woburn, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was consolidated into one day for me, as I had a job at the time, and I didn't want to have to take too much time, especially if things didn't work out there. They were very respectful of that, and basically had me meet with my future manager and the VP of Sales for NA. The process was not too challenging, if you have sales experience and an energetic personality. We discussed the usual sales questions, processes, and experience, but I think a lot of it was making sure I was a culture fit. No role plays, thank God, but at the same time, you gotta know how to ask the right questions and close them at the end. I got the offer within the week and accepted. Great decision for me and them.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Woburn, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Initial phone screen with internal recruiter. Second phone screen with the hiring manager, and then I went in for an in person interview. I met with the three sales managers. Their personalities were varied, as were how they approached the interview. Standard sales interview process (explain current employer's sales process, forecasting, deal management, etc).

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult - explain sales process, forecasting experience, and sales cycle.   Answer Question

Tech Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kaspersky Lab.

Interview

Answered a variety of questions from routing and switching to upto network topologies. During the panel interview everyone was nice and kind about the interview asking a wide range of strictly technical questions

Interview Questions

• What are the two types of DNS queries   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaspersky Lab.

Interview

They want to see that you have some experience or are smart enough to close business. There are no special tricky questions but you need to prove you can do the job.

Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Woburn, MA).

Interview

1 phone screen with recruiter, on site interview two days later, started 1 week later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kaspersky Lab.

Interview

it was well done

Business Products Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Woburn, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process for me was a two step process. First was a call from Ray Barrett (Corporate Support Manager). He conducted a brief phone interview asking general questions a Computer guy or girl should know (What is a GPO, What does Ping do, What does ipconfig/ifconfig do) and some questions about me. Answer as many as you can but do not hesitate to tell them that you are not sure and will be glad to check it out. After the phone interview, I received a reply from Kaspersky asking me to come in for an interview. That was also quick and painless. I was asked more technical questions and personal ones. After about 15-20 minutes they they let me go stating that I did very well. I received a reply a few days later saying they would like to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult was asked just review the basics and buff up on your commands and you should be all set!   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base rate is $19. Unfortunately, there is not really a negotiation option there for it.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaspersky Lab.

Interview

The interviewer stood me up three times without confirming. Would recommend not interviewing with thus company.