Kastle Systems

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Kastle Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details – Resume review, behavioral. Leadership stories. Strengths weakness.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Tough

Sales Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kastle Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details – Seems like an OK place, but the hiring manager gave me a sort of creepy Gordon Gecko vibe.

Interview Questions

Project Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kastle Systems.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online. Two weeks later, I got a response and a request for a phone interview. The phone interview was brief and basically consisted of questions regarding my previous roles and project management experience. I was asked to interview in person. The first in-person interview was with a VP and a Program Manager. It was very laid-back and not difficult at all. I was contacted to return for a second interview the following week. The second interview was with the director of project management (who would be my direct supervisor). This interview was also very laid-back, conversational, and was overall a great experience. I thanked each interviewer for their time, sent them thank-you emails and followed up after 1 week.

They failed to inform me that they never had the approval of upper, upper management to hire someone. Basically, my follow-up emails and calls were met with vague responses (such as: "you're still under consideration, the position is still open, there is competition"). I've seen this before with previous employers and it was a huge red flag. Finally, after 6 weeks, I was told that they had submitted their justification to upper management and I would hopefully get their decision "soon". After a month of getting vague responses I had put Kastle on the back burner of my job search, basically writing them off entirely.

I accepted another offer with another company. Ten days later, Kastle finally came calling to finally offer me the position. I politely declined.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when you were given excellent customer service   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The initial interviews were great. The lack of follow-up and internal confusion between levels of management regarding the need to hire someone were huge red flags. I've seen it before with previous employers and it speaks volumes regarding the company culture; it's not something I wanted to deal with again. I received another offer working for a highly regarded company (the compensation was outstanding) and accepted. Kastle called ten days later with an offer (a day late and a dollar short).

Kastle: Be honest with the people you're interviewing...if the decision may take longer than two weeks, let the candidates know up front.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kastle Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kastle Systems interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kastle Systems employees and interview candidates.