Kastle Systems

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kastle Systems

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kastle Systems.

I submitted my resume online. Two weeks later, I got a response and a request for a phone interview. The phone interview was brief and basically consisted of questions regarding my previous roles and project management experience. I was asked to interview in person. The first in-person interview was with a VP and a Program Manager. It was very laid-back and not difficult at all. I was contacted to return for a second interview the following week. The second interview was with the director of project management (who would be my direct supervisor). This interview was also very laid-back, conversational, and was overall a great experience. I thanked each interviewer for their time, sent them thank-you emails and followed up after 1 week.

They failed to inform me that they never had the approval of upper, upper management to hire someone. Basically, my follow-up emails and calls were met with vague responses (such as: "you're still under consideration, the position is still open, there is competition"). I've seen this before with previous employers and it was a huge red flag. Finally, after 6 weeks, I was told that they had submitted their justification to upper management and I would hopefully get their decision "soon". After a month of getting vague responses I had put Kastle on the back burner of my job search, basically writing them off entirely.

I accepted another offer with another company. Ten days later, Kastle finally came calling to finally offer me the position. I politely declined.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time when you were given excellent customer service   Answer Question

The initial interviews were great. The lack of follow-up and internal confusion between levels of management regarding the need to hire someone were huge red flags. I've seen it before with previous employers and it speaks volumes regarding the company culture; it's not something I wanted to deal with again. I received another offer working for a highly regarded company (the compensation was outstanding) and accepted. Kastle called ten days later with an offer (a day late and a dollar short).

Kastle: Be honest with the people you're interviewing...if the decision may take longer than two weeks, let the candidates know up front.