Katten Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Katten

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Spoke with a few lawyers.

Interview Questions

• Not a question, just the look of utter boredom on the interviewer's face after we talked for a couple minutes.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Katten (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

HR phone screen, then met with HR generalist and manager then a one-on-one interview with a firm partner with responsibility over business development. Fairly standard behavioral questions and questions on resume, work history, experience, etc.. Everyone was very pleasant and cordial, especially the partner. She was very open and receptive to questions about the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I decided to quit my last job and how I sustained sales as a freelancer without formal credentials   Answer Question

Competing offer/opportunity

Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Katten (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Informal and flowing with major partners. More of a discussion about coordination. Had to fly to Chicago. First class accommodations all the way. Financials are key, culture and personality not so important. Good lawyers with entertainment industry mix. Tend to work in small teams. Few big meetings so interpersonal skills with laterals and staff not so critical.

Interview Questions

• How much is your book of business? Who are your clients? Why do you think we'd be a good fit?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Katten (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

The first round was a simple 1:1 on-campus interview with one of the partners on the hiring committee. It was fairly straightforward- questions about my resume and past experience. On the callback, I spoke with six different interviewers, all in 1:1 situations, usually in that person's office. The interviews were about 30 minutes each so I was there for about 3 hours total. Some were partners, some were associates so it was a nice mixture. They mostly just asked about why I wanted to work at Katten specifically, what skills I have, and what practice groups I'm interested in. Also asked about what type of work environment I thought would be ideal for me. They also seemed to be trying to determine whether I was really interested in practicing in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to have achieved in your career 10 years from now?   Answer Question

Attorney, 3rd-Year Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Katten in June 2009.

Interview

Resume, interview, the series of call-back interviews with lunch.

Interview Questions

• What's your weakest quality   1 Answer