Katten

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Katten in March 2012.

Interview Details – HR phone screen, then met with HR generalist and manager then a one-on-one interview with a firm partner with responsibility over business development. Fairly standard behavioral questions and questions on resume, work history, experience, etc.. Everyone was very pleasant and cordial, especially the partner. She was very open and receptive to questions about the job.

Interview Question – Why I decided to quit my last job and how I sustained sales as a freelancer without formal credentials   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Competing offer/opportunity

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

Interviewed at Katten

Interview Details – Spoke with a few lawyers.

Interview Question – Not a question, just the look of utter boredom on the interviewer's face after we talked for a couple minutes.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Katten in October 2010.

Interview Details – The first round was a simple 1:1 on-campus interview with one of the partners on the hiring committee. It was fairly straightforward- questions about my resume and past experience. On the callback, I spoke with six different interviewers, all in 1:1 situations, usually in that person's office. The interviews were about 30 minutes each so I was there for about 3 hours total. Some were partners, some were associates so it was a nice mixture. They mostly just asked about why I wanted to work at Katten specifically, what skills I have, and what practice groups I'm interested in. Also asked about what type of work environment I thought would be ideal for me. They also seemed to be trying to determine whether I was really interested in practicing in Chicago.

Interview Question – What do you hope to have achieved in your career 10 years from now?   Answer Question

Attorney, 3rd-Year Interview

Attorney, 3rd-Year

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Katten in June 2009.

Interview Details – Resume, interview, the series of call-back interviews with lunch.

Interview Question – What's your weakest quality   View Answer

Worked for Katten? Contribute to the Community!