Katy ISD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Middle School Teacher Interview

Middle School Teacher
Katy, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Katy ISD.

Interview Details – Submitted a letter of interest and resume to a campus. Received an e-mail from the campus secretary requesting an interview. Interviewed with an assistant principal, department chair, and a teacher in the department. Pretty standard interview; asked 10 or so generic questions and then asked if I had questions of my own.

Interview Question – What would you do to invest a student who is not interested in learning your subject?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; district sets pay level based on years of experience.

Teacher Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Katy ISD.

Interview Details – Job postings say to send a letter of interest and résumé to principals after applying; principals’ emails are not publicly posted, so happy hunting. Convoluted substitute hiring/training process, it’s like they don’t really want more substitutes to deal with. Initially submitted over fifty apps and intelligent-sounding cover letters (yes, I found their emails) to positions for which I am both certified and qualified; received cursory response from all of two principals, no interviews. Got a few mid-year interviews for vacated positions; received one polite follow-up of four to tell me I wasn’t hired. Couldn’t get my own kids’ principal to respond even after speaking in person, was told this person doesn’t read emails (??). I know several individuals who quit the education field and went into other lines of work after giving up on ever getting hired with this district.

Interview Question – Interviewers are provided canned questions by the district; when I asked for clarification on one question, interviewer looked surprised and said "I don't know! It doesn't say." Learn your edu-nese, they love that language.   Answer Question

High School Teacher Interview

High School Teacher

Interviewed at Katy ISD

Interview Details – Hard to get in with them. Get lucky or know some one.

Interview Question – No really sure they all ask the same education questions.   Answer Question

Secondary Teacher Interview

Katy, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Katy ISD in August 2010.

Interview Details – I got a call on a Tuesday to come in on a Thursday for an interview. Interview lasted about an hour. Very easy, conversation type interview with one person. Very shocked i did not have a group interview. I believe this was because it was so close to the beginning of the school year. Talked about the job, then talked about my background and what I will bring to the table. Then the interviewer talked about what they are looking for and if I can be that person. Of course I agreed and after a few last minute questions from myself I was on my way. Was called from HR that following Tuesday and started orientation the next day. Again, this process was all done very close to the first day of school. So, might not be the same for everyone.

Interview Questions

• Describe what type of teacher you are.   Answer Question
  • There are many teachers that have been teaching for awhile. You being a new teacher, how will you collaborate with them?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Katy, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Katy ISD in July 2011.

Interview Details – Easiest interview ever very easy to interact. No one on the panel acted like they wanted to be there. One question per panel member. Less than 30 minutes. No offer though-probably an internal candidate and just gave some courtesy interviews.

Textbook Clerk Interview

Interviewed at Katy ISD

Interview Details – The interview itself was with three staff members, and robotic. Questions were written out for the interviewer beforehand with no intention of conversation, feedback, or interacting. The two "support" staff present during the interview seemed bored, and being forced to be there. Before the interview was over, I'd decided the atmosphere was not good, and forgot about the position quickly.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had an irate, yelling, difficult parent demand to speak with the principal immediately?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Katy ISD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Katy ISD interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Katy ISD employees and interview candidates.