Katz Media Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.6

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Katz Media.

After applying online, I had a basic interview over the phone with a recruiter. Right after the interview ended, I was given a time that I would have to go to the main headquarters and meet with an Account Executive, along with the head of the Sales Assistants. Pretty basic interview questions, how would you deal with bad clients, etc...Followed up, but didn't hear back for a couple of weeks until I was told by the recruiter that I didn't get the position.

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Katz Media.

It's all about chemistry. Basic interview questions. It really up to the chemistry between you and the interviewer.

do you homework

Interview Questions
    There wasn't really one. Take it or leave it

National Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Katz Media.

The interview was with Katz Radio group and it was very laid back and conversational. I did a group meeting Met with multiple account executives and then had one on one meetings managers. Every one seemed very interested in you as a person as well as your work ethic. There was Lots of discussion and interaction via email as well.

n/a

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Katz Media.

Just know as much information about the company and industry as possible

Communications Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Katz Media in April 2014.

Quick to respond to applications. Friendly and knowledgable recruiter. They don't waste your time and are upfront in the preliminary interview, which was very appreciated. Low ball package offers.

Interview Questions

Salary offer wasn't on par with the experience level they were seeking.

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Katz Media in March 2014.

I sent in an application then was contacted to set up a phone screening about 2 days later. I received the call on time and was interviewed by someone who was clearly reading off a sheet and jotting down everything I said. Luckily, someone on here posted questions he was asked during the interview and lo and behold they were the exact same ones so I had answers prepared for every single thing he threw at me.
    I was then asked to come in and meet with the manager. She was a delight, very warm and personable. She spent a lot of time telling me about the dynamic of the company and the people that were on her team and she was just a lovely person who genuinely seemed to love working there so I was really excited about the position. After asking me a few questions that were more or less the same ones from the screening, she thought I was a good fit and introduced me to 5 account executives and the vice president. They were all friendly as well as asked me a few interview questions. Normally I would feel uncomfortable with this but everyone seemed like a group of friends just hanging out and talking about advertising. Overall this took about 2 hours. I ended up not getting the position but because the manager who interviewed me gave me such great feedback, I was invited to interview for the same position on Christal Radio! However, i didn't like the environment nearly as much and it clearly showed since I didnt get a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Katz Media in February 2014.

The first interview for me was over the phone with the company recruiter (I believe her name was Jenica). I prepared by writing out an answer to every question other reviewers said they were asked and while I don't remember which ones she ultimately asked, I know I had an answer ready for every single one.

After that, she set me up with two interviews in different companies (one was in national sales and the in television sales), but they were very similar in structure. In both interviews, I met with 3 different people, so make sure you bring multiple copies of your resume. You definitely want to do some research on the company and what it does, and I specifically remember being asked what I thought the purpose of Katz Media having so many different companies/departments and why that particularly company I was interviewing for had offices in so many cities. I was also asked multiple times by each person I talked to if I had any questions, so be sure to have a lot on hand.

Anyway, all in all I think I was there about an hour/hour and a half and in both cases it was a really positive experience. Everyone was extremely friendly and genuinely seemed to like their job.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, the most difficult questions are about what the company does and your understanding of the job itself. I don't remember being asked anything unexpected.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Katz Media in December 2013.

First was a phone screening with an HR representative. Next was a phone Interview with the Sales Manager. They then set up an in-person Interview with Account Executive that I would be assisting on a daily basis. The Interview process was very quick and organized. Overall there were 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was really just a conversation. No really tough questions.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Katz Media in October 2013.

I did the training program with Katz Media to become an account executive. The interview to become a sales assistant was very informal. After speaking with someone briefly on the phone we set up an interview. I met with the manager and an account executive who needed a new assistant.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was them asking why I jumped from the agency side to the rep side.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations. The offer was the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Katz Media in September 2013.

I did a Phone interview. Hiring Manager contacted me less than a week after I applied online on their company website. I interviewed for the Sales Assistant position in Los Angeles for Millennium TV. Asked what my salary requirements were, even though it was asked and answered in the email chain. Was notified in a week about whether they would continue with another interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of my strengths?
      What did I know about Katz Media?
      Why did I want to work at Katz Media?
      Asked about some of my previous experience.
      Asked how I handled deadlines and a fast-paced work environment.
        Answer Question