Kcal Insurance

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

1.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kcal Insurance in August 2014.

It was an easy interview process. They ask typical interview questions. First, HR Manager asked for the first interview. When I passed the first interview, I was interviewed by VP with second interview. Basically they are friendly. As long as you are prepared, you will be fine.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kcal Insurance in August 2013.

I submitted my resume online, and they responded me quickly. During the interview, a lady called Ana asked me some general questions, such like, introduce yourself, your experiences, and so forth. They also asked me my goals in 3-5 years. Pretty normal questions. However, I was shocked when I looked at their office at Hacienda Heights, CA, because there are all female workers. No men at all.

Interview Questions
    • Will you accept other positions, for example, customer service?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kcal Insurance in June 2013.

Easy process, even don`t need you show your paperwork and then hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kcal Insurance in June 2013.

Got a call the next day after applying to schedule for an interview. When I got to the interview, they required me to fill out a form, asked me if I'm a citizen and if I speak chinese. Then they started interviewing me in Chinese, gave me a paragraph to read outloud in English and then told me to translate it in Chinese. They also took a picture of me for records and after that, another person interviewed me.

Seems really shady / like a pyramid scheme
    Requires you to get an insurance license but will reimburse you 1 year later.
    If you refer your friends to work here, you get $500 per person you refer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kcal Insurance.

Submitted resume through email. Got a call the second day.

No negotiation. They tell you what you get paid.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hacienda Heights, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hacienda Heights, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kcal Insurance in January 2013.

The HR rep contacted me a few days after I submitted my resume and called me in for my first interview. During my second interview with the company's VP, I was hired on as a receptionist and invited to start the following day.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall any questions that I wasn't able to answer with ease. The key is confidence.   Answer Question
    Not too much back and forth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kcal Insurance in January 2012.

very easy, if you are at least somewhat mature and can read/write, you are hired because people are constantly leaving the company

no negotiation

Life Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kcal Insurance in February 2011.

It is your typical interview process.
    They will ask you a hardship you overcame, your greatest strengths, weaknesses, what you need to improve on, and etc.
    Probably one of the more relaxed interviews I have been too.

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kcal Insurance.

This position has really given me a lot of insight on how marketing works in a professional environment. I not only learned about how to market products, but I also learned great networking skills from attending all the events that the company participates in. KCAL has a great presence in the insurance industry and because of that I have had the opportunity to attend many marketing events, both related to and unrelated to insurance. The managers here really take their time to make sure that I have the knowledge to be successful in this company. I learned many skills that I am sure will help me in my marketing career-such as market research, getting in touch with various vendors, and implementing marketing strategies to help the company grow. Very great opportunities in a professional environment!