KeHE Distributors

Profile Unclaimed

KeHE Distributors Interview Questions

2.8

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KeHE Distributors.

First there will be phone screens, then a selected few will be asked to come for a face to face interview. You will meet with the hiring manager. You will also meet with another team member or director the same day or be called back for a second interview. This company takes its time finding the right candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Best way to answer questions is be specific and have real life examples ready   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

I was hired through Cosentino's grocery and work for a "direct" KeHe store/ dept manager. Therefore I can technically only review Cosentino's process.

Interview Questions
    • When you're hired as a grocery stocker you just have to "pass" a few basic tests. Can you lift such and such amount of pounds? If you use a fork lift you have to "pass" the certification test. Can you read an invoice?   View Answer
    ALWAYS negotiate. I made the mistake not to and that made me look like I didn't view myself as an exemplary employee. Therefore many opportunities passed me by (promotion to management was given to someone outside the department!) despite my direct supervisor's feelings. As of 5-2013 demand at least 16 or 17, 000 a year. Stocking is hard work and the benefits will not cover you when the inevitable accident happens. Don't sell yourself for less than you are!

Selector Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KeHE Distributors in April 2013.

The interview was extensive, the human resource representative that hired me was terminated shortly after I was hired

Interview Questions
    It was easy, everyone starts at the same rate of pay for this position.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at KeHE Distributors in February 2012.

based on employee engagement.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KeHE Distributors in October 2011.

Several phone interviews. I was told I would receive a call back on a specific date at a specific time and it did not happen.

I was applying around the time the company was going through a lot of transitions with acquiring Tree of Life. The interview process basically fizzled.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle a challenging situation?   Answer Question

Professional Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KeHE Distributors in February 2010.

Started out with Temp Agency - Temp to Hire, After 3 months of excellent service I was hired on as permanent Driver.

Interview Questions
    • Why they should pick you. Why you chose to be a Truck Driver. What your ideal Truck driving job would be. Why you want to work for KeHe.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. All drivers make the same pay and seniority rules. You "Bid for the route you would like to have and it goes by seniority.

Auditor Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KeHE Distributors in February 2012.

Received an email from the HR about my application I submitted. Set up a time to talk with HR about the position and the company. I was then invited to come into the office and meet with the Internal Audit Manager. The interview went well and was later invited to meet with the VP of Finance. This would be the last interview.

The interview with the HR was pretty basic consisting of questions like why are you interested in this position, etc.

The interview with the Audit Manager was more technical consisting of questions about my experiences as well as my understanding of the internal audit function. This was the time when s/he described to me the structure of the company and asked for my feedback as far as what I would bring to the organization.

The interview with the VP of Finance was also technical. He asked questions like why KeHE and where do I see myself in 5 years. I made sure that I also ask questions such as if I were to be offered a position and decide to work here, where do I see the company going in next 5 years.

Overall, the process was great and after my interview with the VP on Friday, I received an offer on Monday morning.

Interview Questions
    • The VP of Finance asked where do you see yourself in next 5 years (if it's not the position of the Audit Manager?   View Answer
    I had been given some negotiation power which I appreciated. Vacation and compensation.