Keane

Getting the Interview

36 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Keane in December 2011.

Interview Details – Good. First a technical test followed by account manager interview and finally a formal interview from client

Interview Question – No nothing I could think of   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was nothing more of a negotiation... nyway i am not a good negotiator myself... so

Senior Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Keane.

Interview Details – HR interview followed by Account Manager interview.

Negotiation Details – Smooth, was able to negotiate salary increase the same day

Director of Recruiting Interview

McLean, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keane in July 2008.

Interview Details – The Keane hiring process was one of the best in the business. I can say this because I have now worked for other large and small companies, so I have a basis of comparison. The Keane recruiters are the best. They are sharp, insightful and efficient. I have never met a better bunch of recruiters ( and I worked at a company that had over 250!). They treat their candidates well throughout the process.

Interview Question – None. There should be no surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward. Honesty is the best policy.

Senior Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Keane in March 2012.

Interview Details – Pathetic hiring process, even the mon-pop companies do better than KEANE....

It took 4 months 4 round of interviews, background checks, references and documentation. Finally they gave me an offer letter with a start date. I resigned from my previous job and 2 days before joining KEANE they told me.....Since we dont have a project in hand we cannot hire you now please excuse us...... I said WHAT... .... (and that told this when I called them..., otherwise they wont even have bother to call me.)

I thought about it and found this all happened due to lack of dept coordination, poor client relations, and inefficient management team. I can tell you names but I am not unethical like KEANE.

The HR was not aware of that and they keep calling me when you will join, management said we dont have a client, there internal recruiter was speechless stopped replying my calls and emails pretending he now do not know me anymore... WOW WHAT A MESS....

Now I got another job after a month of loss, even than I thank god he kept me out of this s... due to a good reason.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not much there offer came with no room for further talks. I mean in a way either accept of get out.

Senior Consultant
Frankfort, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Keane in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Senior Recruiter at keane for this position.
She scheduled some time with me to walk over my skills and job needs. This was followed by a client interview.
Since the client was located in KY, they had me come down there on their expense and give the interview.
I was impressed by the fact that they went ahead and made hotel and car reservations for me without knowing much about me.
The interview was quite good and I was informed of the decision in a week's time but the rest of the process took a long time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I had to come down a little from what I was expecting, but they made it up by giving me a much senior position and GC promise.

Very Easy Interview

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
Bloomington, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Keane in March 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiter from Keane called me and scheduled my interview with a technology-guy. He asked me very very simple and basic questions and the interview was over in just 15 minutes. The questions were really simple. eg. what are the different access modifiers in java. explain them, etc
After that I was not sure if I cleared the first round of interview. The internal management process is not well organised and connected. You will get a feel that you are lost. After a couple of months I got a call for the next round of interview. This interview was more of managerial kind. Questions like : Tell me about yourself, your strength, weakness,etc.. and that was done.

Interview Question – What are the different access modifiers in java   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Keane in July 2008.

Interview Details – The recruitor was outside of USA. Though he had an USA phone, it was hard to talk to him without feeling he is not near the job place. The compensation discussion part is rough since the 2008 economic downturn.
He proposed a salary level significant lower than other recruitor. And at the end, he cut again, saying the client is not willing to pay that high.

Negotiation Details – The compensation discussion part is rough since the 2008 economic downturn.

Very Easy Interview

Test Environment Change Coordinator Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Keane in August 2008.

Interview Details – The phone interview consisted of basic knowledge questions regarding skills around using outlook and your deductive reasoning ability. The position requires the ability to analyze and research servers, databases, etc. and knowing what will be compatible with what. Communication skills were discussed and are a big part of the position as well. The three forms of communication are phone, IM, and email.

Negotiation Details – There was little room to negotiate during this phase. I came on board when the company was going through its sale to a new owner (we call it the beginning of the end). Get everything you can think of or want from Keane before you accept any offer from them and then double check all the fine print before you sign the contract as you will not receive raises, promotions, bonuses, tips, or a thank you.

Corporate Interview

Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keane in March 2009.

Interview Details – consisted of recruiter phone call, and one-on-one with hiring manager. Position and expectations were laid out, however not lived up to in actual role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – none

Mid Level Developer Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Keane in April 2008.

Interview Details – Spoke with HR initially. Determined I was a good match based on my background, etc. Spoke with one of their technical people and they did a basic skills assessment, as one would expect. Then spoke back with the HR guy who made me a lowball offer based on my previous salary.

Interview Question – Discuss the difference between a dataset and a datareader.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Offer wasn't competitive.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Keane

Worked for Keane? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Keane interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Keane employees and interview candidates.