Keane Interview Questions

2.8

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Keane (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

I only had one interview, a technical one (besides the initial make-contact phone call from the recruiter)

They were very specific about my technical skill-set, they wanted someone to come in and hit the ground running, therefore the interview didn't really dwell on soft skills - I got really technical questions

Do not expect to get any training - they expect you to be an expert if you are coming in at a senior level

Interview Questions

• Technical-situational question - if you are given this technical problem to solve, walk me through the steps involved in solving it   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will probably give you very close to the salary you request if they are the ones that searched for your resume (means they have a very tight deadline to close an interview)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Keane (Boston, MA).

Interview

HR interview followed by Account Manager interview.

Negotiation

Smooth, was able to negotiate salary increase the same day

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Keane (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Pathetic hiring process, even the mon-pop companies do better than KEANE....

It took 4 months 4 round of interviews, background checks, references and documentation. Finally they gave me an offer letter with a start date. I resigned from my previous job and 2 days before joining KEANE they told me.....Since we dont have a project in hand we cannot hire you now please excuse us...... I said WHAT... .... (and that told this when I called them..., otherwise they wont even have bother to call me.)

I thought about it and found this all happened due to lack of dept coordination, poor client relations, and inefficient management team. I can tell you names but I am not unethical like KEANE.

The HR was not aware of that and they keep calling me when you will join, management said we dont have a client, there internal recruiter was speechless stopped replying my calls and emails pretending he now do not know me anymore... WOW WHAT A MESS....

Now I got another job after a month of loss, even than I thank god he kept me out of this s... due to a good reason.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much there offer came with no room for further talks. I mean in a way either accept of get out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keane (Durham, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

Good. First a technical test followed by account manager interview and finally a formal interview from client

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was nothing more of a negotiation... nyway i am not a good negotiator myself... so

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Keane (Frankfort, KY) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a Senior Recruiter at keane for this position.
    She scheduled some time with me to walk over my skills and job needs. This was followed by a client interview.
    Since the client was located in KY, they had me come down there on their expense and give the interview.
    I was impressed by the fact that they went ahead and made hotel and car reservations for me without knowing much about me.
    The interview was quite good and I was informed of the decision in a week's time but the rest of the process took a long time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had to come down a little from what I was expecting, but they made it up by giving me a much senior position and GC promise.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Keane (Bloomington, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

The recruiter from Keane called me and scheduled my interview with a technology-guy. He asked me very very simple and basic questions and the interview was over in just 15 minutes. The questions were really simple. eg. what are the different access modifiers in java. explain them, etc
    After that I was not sure if I cleared the first round of interview. The internal management process is not well organised and connected. You will get a feel that you are lost. After a couple of months I got a call for the next round of interview. This interview was more of managerial kind. Questions like : Tell me about yourself, your strength, weakness,etc.. and that was done.

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Keane (McLean, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

The phone interviews went really well and then I was called in to meet the people in the office. All of them were great and really made me feel comfortable. I am still waiting to hear back.

Senior User AExperience Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Keane (Boston, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

The best Internal recruiter I have experienced so far.

Provided coaching on how to engage with te hiring manager; hints on best foot forward, etc.

Has a screening interview and an initial hiring manager interview on the phone.

three hour Follow up was with a peer review panel, (Hiring manager and two junior colleagues).

Was very open and friendly, with some "How would you handle..." type questions opportunities to share star stories.

Interview Questions

• What was your most valuable contribution to solving a client problem?   Answer Question
    • What problems have you had on projects and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question
    • What was a most difficult client problem you have experienced?   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Keane (Boston, MA) in March 2009.

Interview

consisted of recruiter phone call, and one-on-one with hiring manager. Position and expectations were laid out, however not lived up to in actual role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Test Environment Change Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Keane (Charlotte, NC) in August 2008.

Interview

The phone interview consisted of basic knowledge questions regarding skills around using outlook and your deductive reasoning ability. The position requires the ability to analyze and research servers, databases, etc. and knowing what will be compatible with what. Communication skills were discussed and are a big part of the position as well. The three forms of communication are phone, IM, and email.

Negotiation

There was little room to negotiate during this phase. I came on board when the company was going through its sale to a new owner (we call it the beginning of the end). Get everything you can think of or want from Keane before you accept any offer from them and then double check all the fine print before you sign the contract as you will not receive raises, promotions, bonuses, tips, or a thank you.