Kearney & Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kearney & Company

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kearney & Company.

Interview

The interview process was smooth, had a phone interview with the recruiter and he scheduled an in person interview at the end of the call. The interview was easy, a little bit too easy which should've been my first clue. I was told they had lot of open positions of which i perfectly qualified for, left the interview feeling pretty good about my future with Kearney & Company, but alas got a denial email two days later. Their loss.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kearney & Company.

Interview

started off with a brief phone interview in which we discussed a set time for a face to face interview. The interview was easy going, laid back, and it seemed as though it went pretty well. Two days later i got a denial email. There were 6 of us going for one position so i would guess it was a pretty challenging decision

Interview Questions

• most unexpected question was, if you were to walk here from Atlanta to D.C how many steps would it take?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kearney & Company.

Interview

Very friendly. Asked me for an interview at my career fair. The interviewer was very friendly, easy conversation. Emailed me a confirmation before my interview. Recruiters would listen to what you have to say and would answer any questions you had.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just make sure you know about what you want to do and why you chose this company.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kearney & Company (Alexandria, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Got an energetic member of HR emailing and calling me for an interview. Interview was strange. Interviewer seemed like she didn't want to be there upon meeting her in lobby. Few weeks of trying to contact the same energetic of HR, I reach him and turn down offer. HR member was so unresponsive I knew this place wasn't for me.

Not the place for me.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kearney & Company.

Interview

An initial interview was held at my college before they invited me to the next round of interviews at the home office. Three different Kearney employees at all levels of the organization interviewed me over the course of the day.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too difficult or unexpected. Some of the questions were: Why did you choose accounting? What would your college professors say about you? How well do you work in a team? Most of the questions involved certain items on my resume. Come with lots of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kearney & Company (Alexandria, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an employee, so I got in touch with the HR woman immediately (who was the nicest person). They paid for my hotel stay in Virginia and had morning interviews. There were about 15 other candidates, each had to interview with three different people in different positions. Everyone was nice, professional, informative, and welcoming. After it took about two weeks to hear back.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kearney & Company in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through my campus career center and was invited for an on campus interview. A few weeks later I was invited to an open house at their Alexandria office. There were about 8 other college interviewees. Kearney paid for hotel and parking and dinner the night before the interviews. The day of the interviews we were given a presentation on the benefits of mission of the company. From there we had three one on one interviews with senior management. About two weeks later Kearney started the background check process and two weeks after that I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Interview was extremely conversational. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

College hires are not able to negotiate.

Staff Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kearney & Company (Alexandria, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied through company website, attended an open house and had a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Name the 4 most important financial statements and their uses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Staff II Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kearney & Company (Alexandria, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was pretty painless. I had a phone interview first and knew that since Kearney was a CPA firm and I was not a CPA, I had to communicate my desire to become one in the immediate future. I came in, met with the recruiter, he walked me around and we discussed the job, my qualifications, etc. Pretty normal stuff. I met with two other staff II accountants (auditors) and asked questions about their job, challenges they faced coming in, etc. Again, pretty standard stuff. It took a while before I got an offer, I guess they were waiting on a spot to open up for an audit, but once it did, the offer came out quickly and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• I always hate the "what is your biggest weakness" question. My biggest weakness answer is always the same, public speaking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at the Staff II level.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kearney & Company (Alexandria, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview was very laid back and easy going. Staffs were all very friendly and nice. Seems like fantastic place to work.

Interview Questions

• What team environment have you worked in with regards to accounting function.   Answer Question