Kearney & Company

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.8

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kearney & Company.

Very friendly. Asked me for an interview at my career fair. The interviewer was very friendly, easy conversation. Emailed me a confirmation before my interview. Recruiters would listen to what you have to say and would answer any questions you had.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just make sure you know about what you want to do and why you chose this company.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kearney & Company.

An initial interview was held at my college before they invited me to the next round of interviews at the home office. Three different Kearney employees at all levels of the organization interviewed me over the course of the day.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult or unexpected. Some of the questions were: Why did you choose accounting? What would your college professors say about you? How well do you work in a team? Most of the questions involved certain items on my resume. Come with lots of questions.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kearney & Company in September 2014.

Got an energetic member of HR emailing and calling me for an interview. Interview was strange. Interviewer seemed like she didn't want to be there upon meeting her in lobby. Few weeks of trying to contact the same energetic of HR, I reach him and turn down offer. HR member was so unresponsive I knew this place wasn't for me.

Not the place for me.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kearney & Company in October 2013.

Applied through my campus career center and was invited for an on campus interview. A few weeks later I was invited to an open house at their Alexandria office. There were about 8 other college interviewees. Kearney paid for hotel and parking and dinner the night before the interviews. The day of the interviews we were given a presentation on the benefits of mission of the company. From there we had three one on one interviews with senior management. About two weeks later Kearney started the background check process and two weeks after that I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was extremely conversational. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    College hires are not able to negotiate.

Staff Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kearney & Company in June 2012.

Applied through company website, attended an open house and had a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name the 4 most important financial statements and their uses.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Staff II Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kearney & Company in April 2012.

The interview was pretty painless. I had a phone interview first and knew that since Kearney was a CPA firm and I was not a CPA, I had to communicate my desire to become one in the immediate future. I came in, met with the recruiter, he walked me around and we discussed the job, my qualifications, etc. Pretty normal stuff. I met with two other staff II accountants (auditors) and asked questions about their job, challenges they faced coming in, etc. Again, pretty standard stuff. It took a while before I got an offer, I guess they were waiting on a spot to open up for an audit, but once it did, the offer came out quickly and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • I always hate the "what is your biggest weakness" question. My biggest weakness answer is always the same, public speaking.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation at the Staff II level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kearney & Company in February 2012.

Interview was very laid back and easy going. Staffs were all very friendly and nice. Seems like fantastic place to work.

Interview Questions
    • What team environment have you worked in with regards to accounting function.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kearney & Company in November 2011.

wasn't invited to a dinner like the rest of the candidates; and felt like they premade their decision
    very friendly interview made me feel like we were having a conversation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kearney & Company in November 2010.

I had a brief phone interview, followed by an in-office interview. The interview was very relaxed and conversational. The interviewers were very friendly and make you feel comfortable throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Like the other poster mentioned, the interview was very conversational. Most of the interview consisted of explaining your resume/relevant experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kearney & Company in October 2010.

I interviewed with recruiters on campus and then with three additional Kearney employees at their Open House event for college hires. It was a fantastic experience that included dinner and a night's stay at the Westin in Old Town Alexandria! The staff was friendly and approachable and professional. I knew when I left that I wanted to start my career at Kearney.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were much more conversational than the traditional "Q&A"   Answer Question
    N/A The salary was exactly what I was looking for and the pay for all hours worked was a perk I knew I could not pass up!