Keenan & Associates Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.9

Torrance Interview Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Keenan & Associates (Torrance, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Had a great experienced. Recruiter contacted me via Linked In, had a telephone interview, then was invited to come onsite for an interview, then a 2nd interview and got offered the job within 2 weeks. Great company, great employees, I'm so glad I was contacted.

Interview Questions

• Good question was when they asked me, "If you got hired, loved everything about this job, and are paid the salary you asked for, what kind of offer from another company would you consider?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer stages was easy and

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Keenan & Associates (Torrance, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I had a great experience from the start when I applied online, and got a call from the Recruiter, then interviewed in Torrance. The Recruiter was great, she made me feel comfortable and asked very good questions. She has such a warm personality, and it shows she loves her job. It was quick from the time I had a phone interview and a face to face interview. The office was new, the receptionist was pleasant, and it seems everyone gets along great, like a family. This is a company I want to work for.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Keenan & Associates (Torrance, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I had a 1:1 interview with HR mgr and controller @ jobsite. Then there were skill and personality test online you need to complete. After the test, the HR recuiter called me for an another phone interview before I received my offer. Total interview experience was very nice and quick. You will know the end result within one week period.

Interview Questions

• There is no unexpected questions. They asked about your job experience, your skill level, your job expectation, and the most difficult/discrepancy you had with past job experience, etc. The interviewers are friendly and very open to answer any questions you have about the position or company.   Answer Question

Actuary and Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Keenan & Associates (Torrance, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very basic and rudimentary interview. Comfortable and friendly environment. The process was a one on one format in the HR office with the director of recruiting. I was referred by a personal friend who happened to work for the company. I was able to complete the whole interview and paperwork process in under two days.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you felt discouraged in your work?   Answer Question

Meeting and Event Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keenan & Associates (Torrance, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Responded to a job posting on company website. Contacted two weeks later by in house recruiter for prescreen phone interview and set interview date for the following week with actual hiring manager. Two weeks later interviewed with VP of marketing and Sr. VP.

In house recruiter is HR and the delay from initial contact to prescreen is long. I had a set day and time for the prescreen and did not receive a call until 2 hours past the set scheduled time.

If you do not get the job the HR department will call with a canned but nice speech. I really feel the hiring manager should make the call not HR particularly when you are in the final cut.

Interview Questions

• You will have to take an Omnia Test in which Omnia will provide the hiring company additional questions specific to your profile.   Answer Question

Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Keenan & Associates.

Interview

Three interviews with HR, manager and team colleague, personality, word and excel skills test. They want to make sure your personality is a good fit with the Keenan Culture.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty basic. Situational and delving into skillset.   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Keenan & Associates in February 2011.

Interview

the interview was planned and confirmed by their HR. However, the HR person I was to meet with took a long lunch and I waited for about 1 hr and 30 minutes for her to return. Then I sat in her office for another 30 minutes. If you get thirsty waiting you will be directed to a small deli within the same complex to purchase some. On my way out the building I ran into several of their employees milling around outside in 2 groups, one group was speaking in Spanish. this peaked my curiosity and I asked them if they worked for Keenan they said yes that they were claims assistants. I had to request that they repeat several times as their English was so poor it was difficult to understand them.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Most were inquiring as to who I knew in the industry.   Answer Question

The interviewer never apologized for keeping me waiting, and in the middle of the interview took a personal call and after about 10 min on the phone I was asked to return to the reception area. A half hour later I was called back into the interview. Again no mention of an apology. The lack of courtesy and unprofessional manner was a huge indicator as to how their employees are treated and it is unacceptable.
    Also the thought of having an assistant, on legal claims, who barely speaks English
    is worrisome and tells me I would be doing their job as well as my own.