Keiser University

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.3

Instructor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Keiser University.

Have a prepared lecture presentation and be relatable in the classroom. Be interactive and demonstrate classroom skills by asking questions and posing scenarios that are focused on the job environment. Students require consistent motivation and energy. Make certain you can handle students and keep their attention. Guiding students is key.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to handle student conflicts and have reasoned answers from tangible expreiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was tolerated: take-it or leave it.

Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Keiser University.

I was initially contacted by a receptionist for an information session which I was unable to attend. They were not flexible in scheduling me any other time. I was then contacted by the DOA for a personalized interview weeks later. The interview took over two hours as they were in the middle of starting a term and she had to deal with issues happening on campus as they come. She only asked me about my career aspirations and then described the job to me. A week later I was contacted for a phone interview. Another week later I was contacted for another on campus interview. A week later I was told I got the job, and I was scheduled to start 3 weeks from that day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were stubborn and what it was you were stubborn about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Keiser University.

management is very detached from the reality of today's challenges. campus president makes all the calls and listens to no one. has an arrogant personality and demeaning approach towards others.

Interview Questions
    • the questions all focused on my ability to deal with their system and stay......that was my clue on what to expect.   Answer Question
    there not much room for negotiation, they act as if doing you a favor and remain that way.

Instructor Interview

(1) Resume, cover letter, transcripts, and teaching philosophy (optional); (2) telephone interview; (3) in-person interview; and (4) test teach.

Faculty Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keiser University.

Hiring process begins with online application. If chosen, an interview will be scheduled with the Dean of Academics. Following, you may or may not be asked to give a demonstration of your teaching abilities - often scheduled for another day. This is evaluated on basic teaching principles and structure - beginning, middle, and end. Though content is important, your delivery method is what is being evaluated.

Interview Questions
    • Not really unexpected but scenario-based questions. I.e., explain at time when your had a difficult student. How did you respond. etc.   Answer Question
    First offer was rejected. Second offer accepted. Negotiation is completely dependent on your qualifications. The more qualified you are, the better your negotiations will go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Keiser University in August 2013.

They ran an ad in the local newspaper for an Admissions Counselor. They requested a resume and cover letter to be sent via email. I emailed my resume and cover letter and was contacted by the office (not the person listed in the ad) to come in for what sounded like a group interview. A group interview is really tacky and it was a complete turn off. Why do they bother to ask applicants to take the time to write a cover letter when their intent is to just have a cattle call interview?

Interview Questions
    • I didn't go to the cattle call interview.   View Answer

very professional

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Keiser University in January 2013.

Blundering at best. Three months to complete the process. They weren't sure what job they were going to offer me. No training at all from management. Their management is totally untrained as well.

Interview Questions
    I told them what I needed and they gave it to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Keiser University.

1st interview director of admissions second interview with the campus president, then received a call later that afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions
    They offered a low starting salary. I countered significantly higher and they agreed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Keiser University in July 2012.

Applied online through their website and was contacted a couple of days later for a "group information session". We were about 10 applicants and spent an hour listening to the Associate Director of Admissions tell us about Keiser and about the position. I thought this was a great way to find out details about their expectation. After we introduced ourselves, he asked us to leave our resume on the desk before leaving if we were interested in continuing with the application process. He would then screen out who was qualified and call us for a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • " who can tell me about Keiser University"   View Answer
    • We were asked to introduce ourselves in front of everyone and say why we felt we were qualified for the position.   View Answer
    I receive a call for a one-on-one interview a couple of days after the information session.