Keller Williams Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.6

Client Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out the online application and received a call back about 3 weeks later. I had a phone screening the following week and was called back and asked to do a DISC assessment. The next day I heard back asking to meet in person to discuss results. That evening I was emailed the AVA assessment to take. I heard back a couple of days later to set up a meeting to go over those results. This is where I am at in the process.

Interview Questions

• What management style do you prefer? (i.e. hands on/hands off)   1 Answer
    • What do you dislike about your current job/supervisor?   1 Answer

Realtor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Very brief interview, no problem getting in the door. KW reminds me of a Realtor mill and seem to be interested in getting you in the door and not providing needed mentoring without charging for it. They stress that new realtors must take classes like BOLD and other coaching classes, attend Family Reunion and other expensive classes that can run $800 or more. Their charges are high compared to smaller brokers in the city and although the Austin market is very good, their high pressure tactics to get you to shell out more money are shameful.

Interview Questions

• What's Your Real Estate Goal?   1 Answer

HQ Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied through an email from HR that was sent to a friend. Long interview process, took about a month. Conducted a few phone screens and had to have an AVA/DISC assessment (same with all KW employees). Everyone was very easy to get along with though, never felt uncomfortable with my interviewers.

Interview Questions

• They do a life story interview, you basically have to tell them high and low points of your life, can be a little intimidating.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process was pretty lengthy and in-depth, most people probably would be turned off by this because it dives into the way you think and work, which makes you pretty vulnerable. The in-depth personality analysis conducted included a DISC and a second more detailed personality assessment which gaged you're responses to help create a big picture view on how you are best managed and what your personal flaws may be; to allow for more targeted feedback and personal improvement. I was pleasantly surprised by this process as it shows just how important hiring the right people is to Keller Williams and it goes to show how much this pays off for them when interacting with all the people in the office... everyone just meshes together and even though there is still conflict and disagreements between team members as there is with every workplace, they all find a productive way to work through it.

Important Detail to Note: This is the hiring process for Keller Williams Headquarters (KWRI) and does not apply to the various franchise/market centers they have.

Interview Questions

• After taking the personality assessments, you will feel vulnerable and the results will bring a spotlight to your flaws. This can be difficult to face, but if you're humble and willing to work constructively with your team to overcome them, you will do amazing things.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating salary was very easy, I also requested a relocation package to cover the move of my family from California to Texas. The request was approved and they gave me an acceptable offer that covered all my expenses.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone interview based on a logical review of your resume against the jobs qualifications. Next, if successful with the phone screening, you will be sent a 'behavioral analysis / personality test' to complete online. This test is one which was made for KW and is very simple and short. The issue with this process is that the test is very subjective and has pre-defined success criteria for potential candidates. If you do not 'fit' into the pre-defined results for that role, you are immediately dropped from the process. Another thing to note is that the review of the results are not done by certified and/or behavioral experts, leading to the test being less than reliable. If you take the test and are successful, you will be interviewed about the test results. If successful at this point, you will be asked to come in for an in-depth interview covering your life from high school to present. A very though out process, but very impersonal and inaccurate. No real interview questions at all about how you work, are as an employee, strengths, weaknesses, etc...very impersonal.

N/A At HQ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received a call a couple of days later from the HR director to schedule a phone screen. During the phone screen I learned KW uses a personality typing tool to see if their candidates are a good fit. Was also told the process is long and backwards - you're not asked about your experience until the end. Passed the phone screen, completed the personalty test,

HR called back to explain the results and invite me to an in person meeting in which I'd take a more extensive personality test. I go to the meeting, take the test, and at the end the results are explained again. Then I'm asked, for several pages of personality scale questions...the test shows you're (extent of xyz trait - ex. 8 out of 10 on collaborative), do you agree? Can you give us an example of this in your life?

Next round was an in-person interview with two executives and the HR director sitting in. Standard interview questions, the execs asked to see the results of my personality test. Was told I'd hear back in a week. Two weeks later was told they found someone who was a better cultural fit (a.k.a. better personality test).

Final steps in the process from what I understand would have been a request for 10-15 recommenders and interview with HR to talk about functional experience.

Interview Questions

• The 2nd personality test was unexpected...it was very long and the process of going over each single question again with HR was a bit over the top.   Answer Question

Real Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Asked very simple questions, very informal. They reviewed the company culture to make sure you fit in to their culture. The interview lasted about 75 minutes. I had to do a personality test. More of an information session than an interview.

Independent Contractor Realtor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I received a personal call from the Broker at the local office. I called her back, set up a time to meet face to face. The appointment was scheduled within 2 days. There was a tour of the office and a some what meet and greet of the agents that were at the office that day. We then went back to the team leaders office. I took a quick personality test using the DISC profiling system. I was asked what my aspirations were for real estate. I was asked some personal questions. Then I was asked if I wanted to become a part of the team right then and there. My interview was in late February or early March, I filled out the contract that day and was officially hired when I received my license in April.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult. It was a very comfortable interview. The office dynamic was very positive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate, they have a great start up.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Very straight forward. Got to know hiring manager very well. Very friendly company with tons of awesome benefits. Great company culture and atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit here?   1 Answer
    • Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple and straightforward. Didn't leave you guessing.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I received a call from an employee who asked me to come in to interview for a marketing position. I had prepared for the interview and done a lot of homework on the position. I thought the interview went well; it only lasted about 30 min. She seemed interested in me and my qualifications. She told me that the next steps included taking a personality test to see how I would fit in with the group, and then she also wanted me to send her some of my writing samples via email. She also told me that I would then come back into the office after I took the personality test to go over my responses, so naturally, I thought I would be seeing her again. When I asked her for her card she told me that she would email me right after our interview so I could have her address. Well, I never heard from her that night. I called her the next day to follow up and find out when I would be receiving the personality test. I received it that afternoon; however, it came from a generic email address. I took the test and submitted it. I waited another day or two and still never received an email from the woman. I called her again and told her that I took the test and had not received an email from her (and I had checked my spam folder). I told her that I was still very interested in the position. I guess another 3 or 4 days passed and still no call or email from her. I left her another voicemail just asking her the status of the position and to please email me (I gave her my email address once again) to let me know so I could continue on with my job search if she had moved forward with another candidate. I made sure all of my voicemails were very professional and upbeat. I never heard from her.
     I will say that I am glad that this opportunity didn't work out as I think I would have been extremely frustrated working for this woman...It is just plain rude not to let a candidate (who has shown a lot of interest in a job and has left three voicemails) know the status of a job. Either she knew how to "fake" her interest in me like a pro during our interview, or something else...I gather that the office is very disorganized. I had a very positive perception of the company Keller Williams until this interview...

Interview Questions

• I had never had to take a personality test for a potential position, so that was a first for me.   Answer Question