Keller Williams Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.5

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX).

Interview

The process took about 2.5 months. 1st - Phone Interview. Once passed I was asked to take a personality test. 2nd- Interview was going over the personality test. Asked to take another personality test 3rd- Interview going over 2nd personality test. 4th - Interview where they ask you to go over your life story in DETAIL. Which in my opinion, is intrusive and nothing to do with you being a competent employee. I felt pressured to share things that I normally wouldn't share with a co-worker. Later, they requested 15 references. I was told they (wait for it!) can only give an offer once a reference gives a reference and that reference gives another reference. Which is crap because the industry standard is 3! What makes it worse because 15 references weren't enough. Also I found out, without my permission, they all called all of my past bosses! Outside of my 15 already supplied references. I completely think they crossed so many personal boundaries with the interview process and calling old bosses without my permission. I declined the job because if they are willing to cross this many boundaries as a potential employee, what are they going to ask of you when you are gainfully employed. I have never felt so violated from an employer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Did a brief personality test after having my resume and cover letter screened. Moved forward for a phone interview, then had an in-person interview that lasted two and a half hours. Basic questions.

Client Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out the online application and received a call back about 3 weeks later. I had a phone screening the following week and was called back and asked to do a DISC assessment. The next day I heard back asking to meet in person to discuss results. That evening I was emailed the AVA assessment to take. I heard back a couple of days later to set up a meeting to go over those results. This is where I am at in the process.

Interview Questions

• What management style do you prefer? (i.e. hands on/hands off)   1 Answer
    • What do you dislike about your current job/supervisor?   1 Answer

Realtor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Very brief interview, no problem getting in the door. KW reminds me of a Realtor mill and seem to be interested in getting you in the door and not providing needed mentoring without charging for it. They stress that new realtors must take classes like BOLD and other coaching classes, attend Family Reunion and other expensive classes that can run $800 or more. Their charges are high compared to smaller brokers in the city and although the Austin market is very good, their high pressure tactics to get you to shell out more money are shameful.

Interview Questions

• What's Your Real Estate Goal?   1 Answer

HQ Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied through an email from HR that was sent to a friend. Long interview process, took about a month. Conducted a few phone screens and had to have an AVA/DISC assessment (same with all KW employees). Everyone was very easy to get along with though, never felt uncomfortable with my interviewers.

Interview Questions

• They do a life story interview, you basically have to tell them high and low points of your life, can be a little intimidating.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process was pretty lengthy and in-depth, most people probably would be turned off by this because it dives into the way you think and work, which makes you pretty vulnerable. The in-depth personality analysis conducted included a DISC and a second more detailed personality assessment which gaged you're responses to help create a big picture view on how you are best managed and what your personal flaws may be; to allow for more targeted feedback and personal improvement. I was pleasantly surprised by this process as it shows just how important hiring the right people is to Keller Williams and it goes to show how much this pays off for them when interacting with all the people in the office... everyone just meshes together and even though there is still conflict and disagreements between team members as there is with every workplace, they all find a productive way to work through it.

Important Detail to Note: This is the hiring process for Keller Williams Headquarters (KWRI) and does not apply to the various franchise/market centers they have.

Interview Questions

• After taking the personality assessments, you will feel vulnerable and the results will bring a spotlight to your flaws. This can be difficult to face, but if you're humble and willing to work constructively with your team to overcome them, you will do amazing things.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating salary was very easy, I also requested a relocation package to cover the move of my family from California to Texas. The request was approved and they gave me an acceptable offer that covered all my expenses.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone interview based on a logical review of your resume against the jobs qualifications. Next, if successful with the phone screening, you will be sent a 'behavioral analysis / personality test' to complete online. This test is one which was made for KW and is very simple and short. The issue with this process is that the test is very subjective and has pre-defined success criteria for potential candidates. If you do not 'fit' into the pre-defined results for that role, you are immediately dropped from the process. Another thing to note is that the review of the results are not done by certified and/or behavioral experts, leading to the test being less than reliable. If you take the test and are successful, you will be interviewed about the test results. If successful at this point, you will be asked to come in for an in-depth interview covering your life from high school to present. A very though out process, but very impersonal and inaccurate. No real interview questions at all about how you work, are as an employee, strengths, weaknesses, etc...very impersonal.

N/A At HQ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received a call a couple of days later from the HR director to schedule a phone screen. During the phone screen I learned KW uses a personality typing tool to see if their candidates are a good fit. Was also told the process is long and backwards - you're not asked about your experience until the end. Passed the phone screen, completed the personalty test,

HR called back to explain the results and invite me to an in person meeting in which I'd take a more extensive personality test. I go to the meeting, take the test, and at the end the results are explained again. Then I'm asked, for several pages of personality scale questions...the test shows you're (extent of xyz trait - ex. 8 out of 10 on collaborative), do you agree? Can you give us an example of this in your life?

Next round was an in-person interview with two executives and the HR director sitting in. Standard interview questions, the execs asked to see the results of my personality test. Was told I'd hear back in a week. Two weeks later was told they found someone who was a better cultural fit (a.k.a. better personality test).

Final steps in the process from what I understand would have been a request for 10-15 recommenders and interview with HR to talk about functional experience.

Interview Questions

• The 2nd personality test was unexpected...it was very long and the process of going over each single question again with HR was a bit over the top.   Answer Question

Real Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Asked very simple questions, very informal. They reviewed the company culture to make sure you fit in to their culture. The interview lasted about 75 minutes. I had to do a personality test. More of an information session than an interview.

Independent Contractor Realtor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I received a personal call from the Broker at the local office. I called her back, set up a time to meet face to face. The appointment was scheduled within 2 days. There was a tour of the office and a some what meet and greet of the agents that were at the office that day. We then went back to the team leaders office. I took a quick personality test using the DISC profiling system. I was asked what my aspirations were for real estate. I was asked some personal questions. Then I was asked if I wanted to become a part of the team right then and there. My interview was in late February or early March, I filled out the contract that day and was officially hired when I received my license in April.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult. It was a very comfortable interview. The office dynamic was very positive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate, they have a great start up.