Keller Williams

3.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

HQ Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams.

Applied through an email from HR that was sent to a friend. Long interview process, took about a month. Conducted a few phone screens and had to have an AVA/DISC assessment (same with all KW employees). Everyone was very easy to get along with though, never felt uncomfortable with my interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • They do a life story interview, you basically have to tell them high and low points of your life, can be a little intimidating.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams.

The interview process was pretty lengthy and in-depth, most people probably would be turned off by this because it dives into the way you think and work, which makes you pretty vulnerable. The in-depth personality analysis conducted included a DISC and a second more detailed personality assessment which gaged you're responses to help create a big picture view on how you are best managed and what your personal flaws may be; to allow for more targeted feedback and personal improvement. I was pleasantly surprised by this process as it shows just how important hiring the right people is to Keller Williams and it goes to show how much this pays off for them when interacting with all the people in the office... everyone just meshes together and even though there is still conflict and disagreements between team members as there is with every workplace, they all find a productive way to work through it.

Important Detail to Note: This is the hiring process for Keller Williams Headquarters (KWRI) and does not apply to the various franchise/market centers they have.

Interview Questions
    • After taking the personality assessments, you will feel vulnerable and the results will bring a spotlight to your flaws. This can be difficult to face, but if you're humble and willing to work constructively with your team to overcome them, you will do amazing things.   Answer Question
    Negotiating salary was very easy, I also requested a relocation package to cover the move of my family from California to Texas. The request was approved and they gave me an acceptable offer that covered all my expenses.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Keller Williams.

The interview process begins with a phone interview based on a logical review of your resume against the jobs qualifications. Next, if successful with the phone screening, you will be sent a 'behavioral analysis / personality test' to complete online. This test is one which was made for KW and is very simple and short. The issue with this process is that the test is very subjective and has pre-defined success criteria for potential candidates. If you do not 'fit' into the pre-defined results for that role, you are immediately dropped from the process. Another thing to note is that the review of the results are not done by certified and/or behavioral experts, leading to the test being less than reliable. If you take the test and are successful, you will be interviewed about the test results. If successful at this point, you will be asked to come in for an in-depth interview covering your life from high school to present. A very though out process, but very impersonal and inaccurate. No real interview questions at all about how you work, are as an employee, strengths, weaknesses, etc...very impersonal.

N/A At HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams in December 2012.

Applied online, received a call a couple of days later from the HR director to schedule a phone screen. During the phone screen I learned KW uses a personality typing tool to see if their candidates are a good fit. Was also told the process is long and backwards - you're not asked about your experience until the end. Passed the phone screen, completed the personalty test,

HR called back to explain the results and invite me to an in person meeting in which I'd take a more extensive personality test. I go to the meeting, take the test, and at the end the results are explained again. Then I'm asked, for several pages of personality scale questions...the test shows you're (extent of xyz trait - ex. 8 out of 10 on collaborative), do you agree? Can you give us an example of this in your life?

Next round was an in-person interview with two executives and the HR director sitting in. Standard interview questions, the execs asked to see the results of my personality test. Was told I'd hear back in a week. Two weeks later was told they found someone who was a better cultural fit (a.k.a. better personality test).

Final steps in the process from what I understand would have been a request for 10-15 recommenders and interview with HR to talk about functional experience.

Interview Questions
    • The 2nd personality test was unexpected...it was very long and the process of going over each single question again with HR was a bit over the top.   Answer Question

Independent Contractor Realtor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Keller Williams in February 2012.

I received a personal call from the Broker at the local office. I called her back, set up a time to meet face to face. The appointment was scheduled within 2 days. There was a tour of the office and a some what meet and greet of the agents that were at the office that day. We then went back to the team leaders office. I took a quick personality test using the DISC profiling system. I was asked what my aspirations were for real estate. I was asked some personal questions. Then I was asked if I wanted to become a part of the team right then and there. My interview was in late February or early March, I filled out the contract that day and was officially hired when I received my license in April.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult. It was a very comfortable interview. The office dynamic was very positive.   Answer Question
    There was no need to negotiate, they have a great start up.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams in August 2011.

Very straight forward. Got to know hiring manager very well. Very friendly company with tons of awesome benefits. Great company culture and atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit here?   View Answer
    • Where do you want to be in 5 years?   View Answer
    Simple and straightforward. Didn't leave you guessing.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Keller Williams in June 2010.

I received a call from an employee who asked me to come in to interview for a marketing position. I had prepared for the interview and done a lot of homework on the position. I thought the interview went well; it only lasted about 30 min. She seemed interested in me and my qualifications. She told me that the next steps included taking a personality test to see how I would fit in with the group, and then she also wanted me to send her some of my writing samples via email. She also told me that I would then come back into the office after I took the personality test to go over my responses, so naturally, I thought I would be seeing her again. When I asked her for her card she told me that she would email me right after our interview so I could have her address. Well, I never heard from her that night. I called her the next day to follow up and find out when I would be receiving the personality test. I received it that afternoon; however, it came from a generic email address. I took the test and submitted it. I waited another day or two and still never received an email from the woman. I called her again and told her that I took the test and had not received an email from her (and I had checked my spam folder). I told her that I was still very interested in the position. I guess another 3 or 4 days passed and still no call or email from her. I left her another voicemail just asking her the status of the position and to please email me (I gave her my email address once again) to let me know so I could continue on with my job search if she had moved forward with another candidate. I made sure all of my voicemails were very professional and upbeat. I never heard from her.
     I will say that I am glad that this opportunity didn't work out as I think I would have been extremely frustrated working for this woman...It is just plain rude not to let a candidate (who has shown a lot of interest in a job and has left three voicemails) know the status of a job. Either she knew how to "fake" her interest in me like a pro during our interview, or something else...I gather that the office is very disorganized. I had a very positive perception of the company Keller Williams until this interview...

Interview Questions
    • I had never had to take a personality test for a potential position, so that was a first for me.   Answer Question

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams in February 2010.

The Keller Williams hiring process is very thorough. Expect for it to last for about a month. Maybe longer depending on the hiring manager. They follow what is called the "Recruit Select" process. Which starts with two behavioral assessments. The DISC and the Activity Vector Analysis.

You'll have a phone interview with the hiring manager to go over your DISC results if you qualify. They'll want to know what books you've read and generally who you are a a person in and outside work. Don't think too much about whether you answer the DISC questions right or wrong. Take it fast and and know that they're looking to hire the right person for the role - and your personality may not fit - and that's okay.

The AVA is similar to the DISC. It's longer and will probably take you about 30 minutes to an hour.
    You'll come in to review those results with the hiring manager. You many also at this point start to meet other executives within the organization who will ask you general interview questions. Be prepared to show you are a DOER and get results fast.

For some people, you will go through a more extensive interview taking you through your life and work accomplishments over the years. This is to get an idea of where you've been, what you've done. More importantly, it's to understand how much you made at those jobs. So ... use that as an opportunity to get what you want from KW and ask for the money you want.

Finally, you'll have an interviews with other members of the team you'll be a part of. Then usually the offer letter.

Again, depending on the hiring manager, it could be shorter and you may not go through all of these steps.

Interview Questions
    • Have a working knowledge of the books you've read. Understand that the environment wants to see how you've been a DOER, how you've gotten results and your loyalty to the c-suite. Will you be entrepreneurial, but moldable at the same time .. that's what they're looking for.   Answer Question
    I was young, and didn't have enough foresight to negotiate. Good luck negotiating for more money. This company has a reputation for low-balling - especially IT. Don't let them use Profit Share as an excuse to make a lower offer.