Keller Williams Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.0

Director of First Impresssions Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keller Williams in July 2014.

Connected through Temp Agency. Initial interview with office manager and accountant who, while friendly and business-like, appeared slightly uncomfortable with interview process. Secondary interview with new team leader who was friendly, efficient, professional.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were standard interview questions such as share a difficult situation you've been in and tell how it was resolved. In addition, there were questions concerning my ability to handle distractions and people involved in stressful situations.   Answer Question

Unexpected job transfer for spouse.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Keller Williams.

The interview process was pretty lengthy and in-depth, most people probably would be turned off by this because it dives into the way you think and work, which makes you pretty vulnerable. The in-depth personality analysis conducted included a DISC and a second more detailed personality assessment which gaged you're responses to help create a big picture view on how you are best managed and what your personal flaws may be; to allow for more targeted feedback and personal improvement. I was pleasantly surprised by this process as it shows just how important hiring the right people is to Keller Williams and it goes to show how much this pays off for them when interacting with all the people in the office... everyone just meshes together and even though there is still conflict and disagreements between team members as there is with every workplace, they all find a productive way to work through it.

Important Detail to Note: This is the hiring process for Keller Williams Headquarters (KWRI) and does not apply to the various franchise/market centers they have.

Interview Questions
    • After taking the personality assessments, you will feel vulnerable and the results will bring a spotlight to your flaws. This can be difficult to face, but if you're humble and willing to work constructively with your team to overcome them, you will do amazing things.   Answer Question
    Negotiating salary was very easy, I also requested a relocation package to cover the move of my family from California to Texas. The request was approved and they gave me an acceptable offer that covered all my expenses.

Independent Contractor Realtor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in February 2012.

I received a personal call from the Broker at the local office. I called her back, set up a time to meet face to face. The appointment was scheduled within 2 days. There was a tour of the office and a some what meet and greet of the agents that were at the office that day. We then went back to the team leaders office. I took a quick personality test using the DISC profiling system. I was asked what my aspirations were for real estate. I was asked some personal questions. Then I was asked if I wanted to become a part of the team right then and there. My interview was in late February or early March, I filled out the contract that day and was officially hired when I received my license in April.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult. It was a very comfortable interview. The office dynamic was very positive.   Answer Question
    There was no need to negotiate, they have a great start up.

Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Keller Williams.

The interview went well. The process is straightforward and I look forward to be working over there in the near future. The office has a modern feel and the staff is friendly.

Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Keller Williams.

Initial interview followed by a personality assessment(DISC), followed by a review of the assessment. Next step was the AVA, the life story. Not to forget the hours of interviewing and questioning to make certain that you are the right candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was the part of the interview process where I had to go over my life story. it was a complete eye opening experience for me. Actually a truly fabulous experience.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in August 2014.

Be prepared to take a short "DISC" personality assessment. This is, basically, what your interview and subsequent determination of hire will be based upon.
    I personally feel this to be unfair and rather lazy.

Agent In Training Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in January 2012.

Very simple process- I was referred by a friend who worked with a shady broker. I had a very simple 1:1 interview and gave a background check. I was "hired" and asked to train with them.

Broker used my leads and commission.

Real Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in July 2014.

Initial interview and background check were as expected. The interviewer was friendly, knowledgeable and informative. The organization seemed to be just as it is often described--friendly and accommodating.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your present position?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant/Sells Repr/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Keller Williams in July 2014.

IT'S A SHOW , NOT INTERVIEW, THAT TAKES 2 HOURS FROM YOUR LIFE. It's a low class company. Just a common real estate agency that tries to make themselves something special and need an advertisement . Because of that they call everybody who has applied and when you go there for an interview you see a big suite where more then 30 people are waiting for the start. You loose your individualism and believe me no one can understand who you are in 1 minute. After waiting a ling time arrives Keri , and they start their presentation. During the all "interview" process they tell each other how good they are , how friendly, good professionals. But it is a stupid place with non professionals. The first question they ask is "tell about yourself in 60 seconds" and everybody tries to do it. After that again they speak and speak, showing their achievements (if they are true) and only after an hour comes the other question "Tell us your 2 biggest strengths. and that's all. You have no more chance to show yourself on interview. After they again speak and tell you that they have many positions so they want to divide candidates on groups . For every position that you are interested you have to go some place at the same suite(right corner , center, etc). one or two of their employees explain you again what are they doing and maybe they will ask you again one simple question like "Your IT skills" that is written in your resume. And tell me please how can they identify is that person a good fit or not for this or that position by asking those 3 simple questions and talking to you max 2 minutes. I don't think so. If it's possible , I am sorry.

Interview Questions
    • They don't give you any question that will show your knowledge or skills. Maybe only something that is written in your resume, like educational background   View Answer

Real Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Keller Williams in January 2011.

Going into the interview with sales goals in mind is important. This job requires an entrepreneurial mindset. You must take repetitive action everyday and show up to the office. Even though it's a work from home opportunity, it's still important to have a presence in the real estate office. Occasionally there are walk in leads and if you show up daily, you may get the client.

No negotiation on commission split; percentage was set at 70/30. After a year of production, office fees were negotiable.

Worked for Keller Williams? Contribute to the Community!