Keller Williams

Average Difficulty
73 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Carlsbad, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Keller Williams in January 2011.

Interview Details – Going into the interview with sales goals in mind is important. This job requires an entrepreneurial mindset. You must take repetitive action everyday and show up to the office. Even though it's a work from home opportunity, it's still important to have a presence in the real estate office. Occasionally there are walk in leads and if you show up daily, you may get the client.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on commission split; percentage was set at 70/30. After a year of production, office fees were negotiable.

Oakland, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in July 2014.

Interview Details – Initial interview and background check were as expected. The interviewer was friendly, knowledgeable and informative. The organization seemed to be just as it is often described--friendly and accommodating.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your present position?   View Answer

Flower Mound, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in July 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out online application on the weekend. Received immediate call back on Monday from Office Manager to make an appointment to interview. Manager was very detailed and friendly about their top teams, training program and support they offer. Ensured that they have an extensive training program and always there to help encourage and empower you to be successful. Also, invited me to the Partner Meeting coming in the following week. Unable to attend, due to prior commitments, however, looking forward to attending another. Apparently, they have food and mingle in a friendly environment and go over new business and topics that come up others may benefit from discussing.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself as part time or full time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None really. They are just waiting for me to get my license. I have had previous real estate experience in another state with a reputable KW agent/nationwide, so they were happy to accept me as a candidate.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Overland Park, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Keller Williams in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview and it was more informative than anything else. I was interested in seeing if the options were any different than what I was currently doing. It did not seem like the situation would have been any different and that I would be better off just staying where I was located.

Interview Question – Why would I leave my current Broker   Answer Question

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Content Marketing Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Keller Williams in February 2010.

Interview Details – The Keller Williams hiring process is very thorough. Expect for it to last for about a month. Maybe longer depending on the hiring manager. They follow what is called the "Recruit Select" process. Which starts with two behavioral assessments. The DISC and the Activity Vector Analysis.

You'll have a phone interview with the hiring manager to go over your DISC results if you qualify. They'll want to know what books you've read and generally who you are a a person in and outside work. Don't think too much about whether you answer the DISC questions right or wrong. Take it fast and and know that they're looking to hire the right person for the role - and your personality may not fit - and that's okay.

The AVA is similar to the DISC. It's longer and will probably take you about 30 minutes to an hour.
You'll come in to review those results with the hiring manager. You many also at this point start to meet other executives within the organization who will ask you general interview questions. Be prepared to show you are a DOER and get results fast.

For some people, you will go through a more extensive interview taking you through your life and work accomplishments over the years. This is to get an idea of where you've been, what you've done. More importantly, it's to understand how much you made at those jobs. So ... use that as an opportunity to get what you want from KW and ask for the money you want.

Finally, you'll have an interviews with other members of the team you'll be a part of. Then usually the offer letter.

Again, depending on the hiring manager, it could be shorter and you may not go through all of these steps.

Interview Question – Have a working knowledge of the books you've read. Understand that the environment wants to see how you've been a DOER, how you've gotten results and your loyalty to the c-suite. Will you be entrepreneurial, but moldable at the same time .. that's what they're looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was young, and didn't have enough foresight to negotiate. Good luck negotiating for more money. This company has a reputation for low-balling - especially IT. Don't let them use Profit Share as an excuse to make a lower offer.

Realtor Interview

Realtor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keller Williams.

Interview Details – Joined a team that subsequently moved to KW. The process was easy and they provided the necessary information for onboarding. Management provided guidance and the culture was inviting.

Market Center Administrator Interview

Market Center Administrator
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in February 2011.

Interview Details – in person interview with an online test for accounting skills. The test was easy enough, but the computer kept telling me i didn't pass. The test needs to be taken on a computer that is connected to a LAN. Do not take the test on a wireless-connected computer.

Interview Question – They talked a lot about personality types   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate anything.

Bradenton, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in May 2014.

Interview Details – They were very informative, professional, friendly, welcoming, and helpful. They offered a lot as a company to build new agents, lots of training opportunities, career building opportunities, coaching and shadowing opportunities, great foundation building, materials and knowledge to grow as an individual agent and as a company, they make you feel like they actually care about your success and future.

Interview Question – What would you like to achieve for your career?   View Answer

Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in January 2010.

Interview Details – great communication through email and telephone...very straight forward

Interview Question – what made you choose to pursue a career in real estate with us vs the company that you did your class hours with?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – simple and straightforward as far as split, fees etc

Listing Agen Interview

Listing Agen
Topeka, KS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Keller Williams in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was very informal. I was actually interviewing them vs, other real estate brokerages in town. I was lead to believe initially that I would be well supported in one market center and ended up switching market centers because of this fallacy. I met with the team leader and one of the top producing agents. I was "hired" on the spot, pending my licensure through the state of Kansas.

Interview Question – There weren't any curveballs. I was asked to complete a personality assessment which is part of the KW business model and comes in handy down the road.   Answer Question

Worked for Keller Williams? Contribute to the Community!