Keller Williams Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.1

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Keller Williams.

Interview

First step was to take the DISC. After i passed that i was then told to take the AVA which took about 20-30 minutes. Then had to wait for the results to be sent to the hiring manager which took 1-2 days.

Director of First Impressions (Receptionist/Administrative Assistant) Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Keller Williams (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Really relaxed, two people - the EA and another. Was told there would be about 4-5 interviews before i was hired and to provide 15 references - which threw me. Went through my DISC then had 2nd interview straightaway with another level higher was given an application form to fill in and provide my 15 references - am glad i took my iphone to get email addresses and tel numbers. The form asked for 3 of my strengths then 3 things my boss would describe. Then 3 weaknesses i would describe then 3 my boss would describe.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to work for us, and what do you know about our company.   Answer Question

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out the online application and received a call back about 3 weeks later. I had a phone screening the following week and was called back and asked to do a DISC assessment. The next day I heard back asking to meet in person to discuss results. That evening I was emailed the AVA assessment to take. I heard back a couple of days later to set up a meeting to go over those results. This is where I am at in the process.

Interview Questions

• What management style do you prefer? (i.e. hands on/hands off)   1 Answer
    • What do you dislike about your current job/supervisor?   1 Answer

Real Estate Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Keller Williams.

Interview

Straight-forward. Easy. Wanted to know about me and my past careers. I was contacted immediately and had a short phone interview. I then met with the office CEO. It look about 30 minutes and then I was offered the job.

Director of First Impressions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams in March 2015.

Interview

This was a long process however if it is really the job you want, it is worth the effort. I applied off craigslist and received a call to come in for a group interview. This was easy. Conversational on both ends with open time for questions. We took a DISC assessment basically a personality test. I was called back for a personal interview with the top three executives in the office. They kept it light but each had many questions and they really take the time to dig in and understand you as a person and employee. I later took an AVA assessment online and was then called in to review the results. It's eye opening to have answered so few but direct questions in the assessment and later hear the info put to life as a narrative of personality and learning types that I may tend to follow. If I remember correctly, it was a total of five visits to the office. They

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The ad was listed as "determined in the interview process" I had a previous idea of pay rate from this site and asked for what my ideal rate was. I was offered 1$ less than I had requested but did not want to risk negotiating for more when I knew I could pay my bills with what they offered. If I was not excited for the position I may have requested more hourly pay however I accepted without hesitation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Keller Williams (Palm Springs, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I spoke with the manager. He was very nice, but still need my California license. Once I get the Real Estate license I can work there. The manager was helpful and friendly. I liked the office and met quite a few of the people there. It was easy and helpful.

Interview Questions

• All about my experience in real estate   1 Answer

Negotiation

There weren't any. The commission is set by Keller Williams.

Broker - Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Keller Williams.

Interview

Very simple interview. Are you licensed? How long? With who previously? After that we discussed their commission splits, annual limits on commissions, and office fees. Then I was given a short tour of the office and that was it.

Negotiation

Simple: here are our splits, and here are our annual commission split limits. They are the best in the industry.

Real Estate Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Keller Williams.

Interview

You can come in for an interview but there is virtually no one that doesn't get hired to a company as they have nothing to lose. They want as many agents as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's all commission, no matter what. Standard commission split is 70/30

Financial Operations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Keller Williams (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a very easy process. I applied online to their job ad posted on Indeed. Within three days, I was contacted by email by a manager and a phone interview was set up. The phone interview was pleasant and casual. After that, I heard nothing back. My rating of this interview is a negative mainly because of that. No further follow up, no courtesy to update, nothing.

For whatever reason, the guy I talked with was reluctant to give me the address of where their Portland office is located. He wouldn't give me the specific address over the phone even when asked and his email signature did not have an address listed as part of it. The posting on Indeed also did not specify where in Portland they were located. After doing a little online research, I discovered that the location is most likely completely inconvenient out in the boondocks and not near decent public transportation. Assuming that was the correct address, I would not have taken the job even if it was offered.

Real Estate Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Keller Williams in December 2014.

Interview

I saw an ad on Craigslist and having just passed my licensing exam, thought I would email to see what would happen. The ad stated they were "urgently seeking agents" (in all caps) but I still expected more of a traditional interview. I talked with the poster of the ad initally and she scheduled a time for me to come in and "see the office". When I got there she wasn't there, but the CEO of the office showed me around told me a lot of company culture tidbits and things that were certainly intended to impress me, asking me very little about what I would contribute to them. He tried to get me to sign papers with them right then and there. A lot of what he was saying sounded too good to be true, so I looked up the company online when I got home. A lot of people were describing it is a pyramid scheme/multi-level marketing plan and it seemed like what he was saying to me in the interview was misleading if not out and out false. Maybe the type of business they run would be good for some people but as someone looking for real estate experience in smaller office with support from existing staff I could tell this was not going to be for me. It seemed like they would take any warm body that walked through the door - if something is as easy as this is, I believe it is too good to be true.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions - I could have barely spoken English and they would still want me in their downline.   Answer Question

Signing right then and there with them seemed exploitative and I wanted to know what I was getting into...I'm glad I waited and researched the company first. It's not for everyone.