Keller Williams

Relevance Date Difficulty

Independent Contractor Realtor Interview

Independent Contractor Realtor
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in February 2012.

Interview Details – I received a personal call from the Broker at the local office. I called her back, set up a time to meet face to face. The appointment was scheduled within 2 days. There was a tour of the office and a some what meet and greet of the agents that were at the office that day. We then went back to the team leaders office. I took a quick personality test using the DISC profiling system. I was asked what my aspirations were for real estate. I was asked some personal questions. Then I was asked if I wanted to become a part of the team right then and there. My interview was in late February or early March, I filled out the contract that day and was officially hired when I received my license in April.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult. It was a very comfortable interview. The office dynamic was very positive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no need to negotiate, they have a great start up.

Real Estate Broker Interview

Real Estate Broker
Cupertino, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Keller Williams.

Interview Details – The interview went well. The process is straightforward and I look forward to be working over there in the near future. The office has a modern feel and the staff is friendly.

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in August 2014.

Interview Details – Be prepared to take a short "DISC" personality assessment. This is, basically, what your interview and subsequent determination of hire will be based upon.
I personally feel this to be unfair and rather lazy.

Interview Question – Not applicable.   View Answer

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied in-person and interviewed at Keller Williams.

Interview Details – Initial interview followed by a personality assessment(DISC), followed by a review of the assessment. Next step was the AVA, the life story. Not to forget the hours of interviewing and questioning to make certain that you are the right candidate for the position.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was the part of the interview process where I had to go over my life story. it was a complete eye opening experience for me. Actually a truly fabulous experience.   Answer Question

Agent In Training Interview

Agent In Training

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple process- I was referred by a friend who worked with a shady broker. I had a very simple 1:1 interview and gave a background check. I was "hired" and asked to train with them.

Reason for Declining – Broker used my leads and commission.

Oakland, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in July 2014.

Interview Details – Initial interview and background check were as expected. The interviewer was friendly, knowledgeable and informative. The organization seemed to be just as it is often described--friendly and accommodating.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your present position?   View Answer

Carlsbad, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Keller Williams in January 2011.

Interview Details – Going into the interview with sales goals in mind is important. This job requires an entrepreneurial mindset. You must take repetitive action everyday and show up to the office. Even though it's a work from home opportunity, it's still important to have a presence in the real estate office. Occasionally there are walk in leads and if you show up daily, you may get the client.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on commission split; percentage was set at 70/30. After a year of production, office fees were negotiable.

Flower Mound, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Keller Williams in July 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out online application on the weekend. Received immediate call back on Monday from Office Manager to make an appointment to interview. Manager was very detailed and friendly about their top teams, training program and support they offer. Ensured that they have an extensive training program and always there to help encourage and empower you to be successful. Also, invited me to the Partner Meeting coming in the following week. Unable to attend, due to prior commitments, however, looking forward to attending another. Apparently, they have food and mingle in a friendly environment and go over new business and topics that come up others may benefit from discussing.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself as part time or full time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None really. They are just waiting for me to get my license. I have had previous real estate experience in another state with a reputable KW agent/nationwide, so they were happy to accept me as a candidate.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Overland Park, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Keller Williams in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview and it was more informative than anything else. I was interested in seeing if the options were any different than what I was currently doing. It did not seem like the situation would have been any different and that I would be better off just staying where I was located.

Interview Question – Why would I leave my current Broker   Answer Question

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Content Marketing Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Keller Williams in February 2010.

Interview Details – The Keller Williams hiring process is very thorough. Expect for it to last for about a month. Maybe longer depending on the hiring manager. They follow what is called the "Recruit Select" process. Which starts with two behavioral assessments. The DISC and the Activity Vector Analysis.

You'll have a phone interview with the hiring manager to go over your DISC results if you qualify. They'll want to know what books you've read and generally who you are a a person in and outside work. Don't think too much about whether you answer the DISC questions right or wrong. Take it fast and and know that they're looking to hire the right person for the role - and your personality may not fit - and that's okay.

The AVA is similar to the DISC. It's longer and will probably take you about 30 minutes to an hour.
You'll come in to review those results with the hiring manager. You many also at this point start to meet other executives within the organization who will ask you general interview questions. Be prepared to show you are a DOER and get results fast.

For some people, you will go through a more extensive interview taking you through your life and work accomplishments over the years. This is to get an idea of where you've been, what you've done. More importantly, it's to understand how much you made at those jobs. So ... use that as an opportunity to get what you want from KW and ask for the money you want.

Finally, you'll have an interviews with other members of the team you'll be a part of. Then usually the offer letter.

Again, depending on the hiring manager, it could be shorter and you may not go through all of these steps.

Interview Question – Have a working knowledge of the books you've read. Understand that the environment wants to see how you've been a DOER, how you've gotten results and your loyalty to the c-suite. Will you be entrepreneurial, but moldable at the same time .. that's what they're looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was young, and didn't have enough foresight to negotiate. Good luck negotiating for more money. This company has a reputation for low-balling - especially IT. Don't let them use Profit Share as an excuse to make a lower offer.

Worked for Keller Williams? Contribute to the Community!