Keller Williams

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.0

Real Estate Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Keller Williams.

You can come in for an interview but there is virtually no one that doesn't get hired to a company as they have nothing to lose. They want as many agents as possible.

It's all commission, no matter what. Standard commission split is 70/30

Real Estate Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Keller Williams in December 2014.

I saw an ad on Craigslist and having just passed my licensing exam, thought I would email to see what would happen. The ad stated they were "urgently seeking agents" (in all caps) but I still expected more of a traditional interview. I talked with the poster of the ad initally and she scheduled a time for me to come in and "see the office". When I got there she wasn't there, but the CEO of the office showed me around told me a lot of company culture tidbits and things that were certainly intended to impress me, asking me very little about what I would contribute to them. He tried to get me to sign papers with them right then and there. A lot of what he was saying sounded too good to be true, so I looked up the company online when I got home. A lot of people were describing it is a pyramid scheme/multi-level marketing plan and it seemed like what he was saying to me in the interview was misleading if not out and out false. Maybe the type of business they run would be good for some people but as someone looking for real estate experience in smaller office with support from existing staff I could tell this was not going to be for me. It seemed like they would take any warm body that walked through the door - if something is as easy as this is, I believe it is too good to be true.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions - I could have barely spoken English and they would still want me in their downline.   Answer Question

Signing right then and there with them seemed exploitative and I wanted to know what I was getting into...I'm glad I waited and researched the company first. It's not for everyone.

HQ Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams.

Applied through an email from HR that was sent to a friend. Long interview process, took about a month. Conducted a few phone screens and had to have an AVA/DISC assessment (same with all KW employees). Everyone was very easy to get along with though, never felt uncomfortable with my interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • They do a life story interview, you basically have to tell them high and low points of your life, can be a little intimidating.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams.

The interview process was pretty lengthy and in-depth, most people probably would be turned off by this because it dives into the way you think and work, which makes you pretty vulnerable. The in-depth personality analysis conducted included a DISC and a second more detailed personality assessment which gaged you're responses to help create a big picture view on how you are best managed and what your personal flaws may be; to allow for more targeted feedback and personal improvement. I was pleasantly surprised by this process as it shows just how important hiring the right people is to Keller Williams and it goes to show how much this pays off for them when interacting with all the people in the office... everyone just meshes together and even though there is still conflict and disagreements between team members as there is with every workplace, they all find a productive way to work through it.

Important Detail to Note: This is the hiring process for Keller Williams Headquarters (KWRI) and does not apply to the various franchise/market centers they have.

Interview Questions
    • After taking the personality assessments, you will feel vulnerable and the results will bring a spotlight to your flaws. This can be difficult to face, but if you're humble and willing to work constructively with your team to overcome them, you will do amazing things.   Answer Question
    Negotiating salary was very easy, I also requested a relocation package to cover the move of my family from California to Texas. The request was approved and they gave me an acceptable offer that covered all my expenses.

Director of Agent Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Keller Williams in September 2014.

Called in, scheduled an interview. Met with top bosses and after one interview was hired. Set up additional meeting to discuss pay, benefits, duties, and schedule. Started work the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Anything related to Dotloop, eEdge, or other KW.com questions. If you know the systems, you know them...if not you are going to have a tough time competing with others who do.   Answer Question
    I would say, if you know the programs, ask for top dollar. If you have to learn many of the programs, then accept lower pay but ask for raise after X months

Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Keller Williams.

The interview went well. The process is straightforward and I look forward to be working over there in the near future. The office has a modern feel and the staff is friendly.

Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Keller Williams.

Initial interview followed by a personality assessment(DISC), followed by a review of the assessment. Next step was the AVA, the life story. Not to forget the hours of interviewing and questioning to make certain that you are the right candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was the part of the interview process where I had to go over my life story. it was a complete eye opening experience for me. Actually a truly fabulous experience.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Keller Williams in August 2014.

Be prepared to take a short "DISC" personality assessment. This is, basically, what your interview and subsequent determination of hire will be based upon.
    I personally feel this to be unfair and rather lazy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Keller Williams in July 2014.

Initial interview and background check were as expected. The interviewer was friendly, knowledgeable and informative. The organization seemed to be just as it is often described--friendly and accommodating.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your present position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Keller Williams in July 2014.

Filled out online application on the weekend. Received immediate call back on Monday from Office Manager to make an appointment to interview. Manager was very detailed and friendly about their top teams, training program and support they offer. Ensured that they have an extensive training program and always there to help encourage and empower you to be successful. Also, invited me to the Partner Meeting coming in the following week. Unable to attend, due to prior commitments, however, looking forward to attending another. Apparently, they have food and mingle in a friendly environment and go over new business and topics that come up others may benefit from discussing.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself as part time or full time?   View Answer
    None really. They are just waiting for me to get my license. I have had previous real estate experience in another state with a reputable KW agent/nationwide, so they were happy to accept me as a candidate.