Keller Williams Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.1

Real Estate Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Keller Williams.

Interview

Straight-forward. Easy. Wanted to know about me and my past careers. I was contacted immediately and had a short phone interview. I then met with the office CEO. It look about 30 minutes and then I was offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Keller Williams (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very Brief. Met at a job fair at my real estate training school. Nice people and very professional. Had a lot of good information to hand out.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Keller Williams (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the one of the broker's who asked me questions first based on my resume. Then on how I would feel working with different people on a daily basis and having patience and good listening abilities. We also discussed all the opportunities they have for their employees for growth, also their health beneifits

Interview Questions

• was i ready to join Keller Williams   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Keller Williams (Palm Springs, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I spoke with the manager. He was very nice, but still need my California license. Once I get the Real Estate license I can work there. The manager was helpful and friendly. I liked the office and met quite a few of the people there. It was easy and helpful.

Interview Questions

• All about my experience in real estate   1 Answer

Negotiation

There weren't any. The commission is set by Keller Williams.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Keller Williams (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

They really put me at ease. From the initial meeting to the last, they were pleasant to talk to and very informative. I had a ton of questions and they answered each and every one of them to my satisfaction.

Real Estate Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Keller Williams.

Interview

You can come in for an interview but there is virtually no one that doesn't get hired to a company as they have nothing to lose. They want as many agents as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's all commission, no matter what. Standard commission split is 70/30

Real Estate Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Keller Williams in December 2014.

Interview

I saw an ad on Craigslist and having just passed my licensing exam, thought I would email to see what would happen. The ad stated they were "urgently seeking agents" (in all caps) but I still expected more of a traditional interview. I talked with the poster of the ad initally and she scheduled a time for me to come in and "see the office". When I got there she wasn't there, but the CEO of the office showed me around told me a lot of company culture tidbits and things that were certainly intended to impress me, asking me very little about what I would contribute to them. He tried to get me to sign papers with them right then and there. A lot of what he was saying sounded too good to be true, so I looked up the company online when I got home. A lot of people were describing it is a pyramid scheme/multi-level marketing plan and it seemed like what he was saying to me in the interview was misleading if not out and out false. Maybe the type of business they run would be good for some people but as someone looking for real estate experience in smaller office with support from existing staff I could tell this was not going to be for me. It seemed like they would take any warm body that walked through the door - if something is as easy as this is, I believe it is too good to be true.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions - I could have barely spoken English and they would still want me in their downline.   Answer Question

Signing right then and there with them seemed exploitative and I wanted to know what I was getting into...I'm glad I waited and researched the company first. It's not for everyone.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Keller Williams (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process is either short and sweet or you can ask the team leader as many questions as you can. Interviewing at Keller Williams is not about what they ask you but what you ask of them and their structure of their business model.

Interview Questions

• It's not about what they asked you, it's about what you ask them.   1 Answer

Financial Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Keller Williams (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a very easy process. I applied online to their job ad posted on Indeed. Within three days, I was contacted by email by a manager and a phone interview was set up. The phone interview was pleasant and casual. After that, I heard nothing back. My rating of this interview is a negative mainly because of that. No further follow up, no courtesy to update, nothing. For whatever reason, the guy I talked with was reluctant to give me the address of where their Portland office is located. He wouldn't give me the specific address over the phone even when asked and his email signature did not have an address listed as part of it. The posting on Indeed also did not specify where in Portland they were located. After doing a little online research, I discovered that the location is most likely completely inconvenient out in the boondocks and not near decent public transportation. Assuming that was the correct address, I would not have taken the job even if it was offered.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Keller Williams in November 2014.

Interview

It takes a LONG time and is VERY thorough. I love this about the company, however, it took me 60+ days the first time I was hired by a KW office to go through the hiring process. All VERY much worth it. There were multiple meetings; screening interview, comprehensive interview, behavior assessment, validation of that assessment, conversation about my perfect 5 years, etc. They also called all of my references and asked those references if they could refer someone else they knew who had worked with me in the past. At first I was apprehensive about it, however, it turned out to be great. They were pleased with how many additional references were provided to them from my references. It took much longer than I anticipated and yet it was worth it. I really felt like I knew the company and the person who was interviewing me after the process was complete.