Kelley Blue Book

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kelley Blue Book.

Interview Details – The interview process was very smooth, professional and helpful.

I was contacted shortly after applying for the job. A phone screening was set up. The HR (recruitment) person asked relevant intelligent questions pertaining to experience required for the job, which she described in adequate detail.

Shortly after that a phone interview was set up with the hiring manager. He gave a good description of the role and some insights to the culture, asked good questions about my experience to ascertain suitability to the role.

Shortly after that interview, the HR person contacted me to set up a face to face with the same hiring manager. This interview took place soon afterwards. This entailed a deeper description of the role and many 'what if' questions - what would you do in this situation? etc to determine whether I really had the experience I claimed.

Shortly after that I was contacted to meet with 3 others to get a sense of different areas of the company and culture.

Interview Question – I didn't find any of the questions particularly difficult or surprising. They were clearly intended to ascertain whether or not I could do the job effectively and to understand how I work with other people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had already been told the max that I could be offered and there was no room for negotiotion.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kelley Blue Book in January 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Phone
2. Hiring
3. Team
4. Director

Interview Question – All pretty standard for the position   Answer Question

Senior Market Intelligence Specialist Interview

Senior Market Intelligence Specialist
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kelley Blue Book in August 2013.

Interview Details – The Recruiter was very pleasant and very professional but that is because she is located in a other state; separate office. I was set up in two panel interviews (with 5 in each) and allowed 30 minutes each session at Headquarters.

Interview Question – They asked me to take an online quiz that was not applicable to the position posted. In addition, the questions that were directed to me during these two interviews were very unprofessional as they were asking me questions about key terms and not focusing on my background. Obviously my experience is much higher than a Specialist so I was more concerned about how they conducted the interview and if this is how the company operated. After that experience I did not want to be employed there, from what I understand they have a very disconnected environment since AutoTrader took over.   Answer Question

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kelley Blue Book.

Interview Details – (1st) Phone interview, then (2nd) onsite interview with subject matter experts and hiring manager. Written SQL test. In some cases, (third) an interview would be scheduled with a manager from a department that the individual would be matrixed to, if this applies to the position. (4th) The last interview will be with the Vice President or Director of the group, depending on their availability.

Interview Question – There will be several behavioral questions about work situations at current or past jobs.   Answer Question

Software QA Analyst Interview

Software QA Analyst
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Kelley Blue Book in May 2013.

Interview Details – Called for a face to face interview. Interviewed by 3 people. All the questions were general testing questions about the past experience and how to manage the work and questions related scrum methodologies.

Interview Question – Nothing much difficult questions.   Answer Question

Analyst, Vehicle Valuation Interview

Analyst, Vehicle Valuation
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kelley Blue Book.

Interview Details – I was first prompt via email with an interview appointment at their Irvine location. The initial interview took a liI was first prompt via email with an interview appointment at their Irvine location. The initial interview took a little longer than expected, as I met with 4 different people. The interview was very straight forward, your typical behavioral questions. One of the employees that I met with was very dry and you could tell he did not want to be there (I mean doing the interview). However, the other three were very friendly and accommodating. I was also asked twice by different people if I had been referred by someone in the office, which made me uncomfortable. (In their words: “are you friend with…? Just asking because he said he was going to have his friend apply”). Towards the end of the interview I asked about the procedure to follow after the interview and was told to wait 3 week as they had received many applications. I waited 4 weeks and did not receive any updates. I emailed the HR person that first contacted me and one of the interviewers. However, I never received an update. ttle longer that expected, as I met with 4 different people. The interview was very straight forward, your typical behavioral questions.

Interview Question – I was asked a variety of market specific questions, like what are the determinants of a used cars price? and what variables affect the demand for used vehicles?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kelley Blue Book in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by a former co-worker at another company. The initial interview took a while to schedule but then subsequent ones followed fairly quickly. There was an initial phone interview with HR. Then an in-person interview with HR, then an in-person interview with the hiring manager. After that, a half day interviewing with the departmental VP, engineering director, design manager, engineering VP. An offer was extended roughly one week after interviews finished.

Interview Question – How familiar are you with Kelley Blue Book's syndicated products?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate. The initial salary offered seemed low and there was no bonus included at that time. So I negotiated for a higher salary and was successful.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kelley Blue Book in July 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview with the corporate recruiter first and then was brought in for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Question – Which of the following represents the best use of the Table, TableRow, and Table-Cell controls?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much room to negotiate.

Worked for Kelley Blue Book? Contribute to the Community!