Kellogg Company

Updated Nov 12, 2014

Part Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kellogg Company in September 2014.

Applied online. Received a call from supervisor approximately 30 days later, and after phone interview, we had a face to face contact and he was very detailed as to what the job entails, and coverage, as well as hours. My decision was very easy, and after the interview, I felt that if you do your job, you will do very well. I am very excited about the opportunity to work for Kellogg's.

Interview Questions
    • What if you did not agree with a decision that your supervisor made, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They were very upfront

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kellogg Company in August 2014.

I applied online and that was followed up by a telephone interview and a face to face interview with a panel of 3. The telephone interview lasted about 10 minutes and I was hardly asked anything on my resume as they were just going over the job responsibilities. The panel interview was not difficult and the questions asked were extremely bland and generic.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time that you went over & beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Deduction Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kellogg Company.

Most apply online or start as a contractor. Usually a phone interview is the first step, followed by a face-to-face interview with a small group, then an offer or a refusal would follow about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when someone else came up with a good idea and you took the idea and helped them see it through to the finish. How did you do it? What was the result?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kellogg Company in June 2014.

Formal phone interview just covering the basic overview of background, resume, and ascertaining your decision making process for all job decisions (i.e. is it logical/strategic, although no empathy shown for extenuating circumstances that may interrupt a linear progression in your work history).

Met all the qualifications and attained high level performances in a HR Generalist role at another Fortune 500 organization with best in class HR practices. Not sure what they are looking for as I have very specific experience that includes food safety management (supply chain, operations, distribution) and training of direct reports on all safety aspects of food preparation.

Most of the interview solely focused on the "gaps" in my resume that I was forthright in disclosing I suffered an injury that resulted in short-term disability at a previous employer. People are not robots or numbers on a screen, and all extenuating circumstances should be taken into consideration. A reassessment of the organization's stance on Diversity and Inclusion seems appropriate based on the overwhelming emphasis on questions regarding my personal circumstances, which was a bit premature for an initial phone screen.

Interview Questions
    • Standard overview of background, history, qualifications and how they relate to the job opening. Attempting to explain the difficulties I had to overcome previously, and the extended time taken for the healing process to conclude was meaningless to a large corporation. Any answer would appear unsatisfactory based on the response given upon my disclosure.   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kellogg Company.

Applied Online and did not hear back for three months. Received an email to have a phone interview. Received confirmation I made it to the final round interview process. Flew to headquarters in Battle Creek, MI for a night. Dinner with a presentation on Kellogg's, opportunity to speak with senior sales management ask questions. Next morning had a tour and a panel of 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult if you're used to behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Kellogg Company in June 2014.

Very long process. Takes a little more than a month to get to the on site interview. Enjoyed both phone interviews. On site interview was ok as they follow a set order of questions to ask and are always writing things down as you speak. It made it very hard to connect with those you were interviewing with.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. Make sure your examples are tailored to the job you are interviewing for despite your past experiences that fit the criteria of the question.   Answer Question

Part Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kellogg Company in May 2014.

applied online, got a call for an interview, the guy was really cool on the phone. Got to the interview and it was the same guy on the phone. He started off telling me about the job, he went into the job in very detailed. Spend almost half an hour talking about the job and then he asked me 3 simple questions, I cant remember what they were then he offer me the job!

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult, like what would you do if a customer asked you where a product was if you were stocking the shelves?   View Answer
    wasn't able to negotiate, but its an easy job with okay pay

Kellogg Company Response

May 23, 2014Global Sourcing & Social Media

Congratulations on your offer! Welcome to the Kellogg team!

Supply Chain Business Partner Interview

Had a phone interview and was advised I would be moving on to the "face to face" interview. That never happened.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult part of your last position (last position was at Kellogg's)   Answer Question

Kellogg Company Response

May 23, 2014Global Sourcing & Social Media

Thanks for your review. We hope that you'll continue to visit our website, www.kelloggscareers.com, to search for the right Kellogg opportunity for you. We wish you the best of luck!

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kellogg Company.

It was the stupidest interview I've ever done. I had to do a ppt presentation on myself in front of a panel of 3.

Interview Questions
    • There are lots of redundant questions. Basically written by a college grad with no real work experience. Most of the questions are not about the job duties. The panel of three are reading off a script. The besat question they asked was: What is the biggest problem you have experienced in your previous job and how did you solve it.   Answer Question
    They go by scale depending on work experience.

Transportation Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kellogg Company.

Entirely behavioral interview questions for salaried positions. Tell me of a time when....How would you handle...Name five things...More of a tour of the company, some behavioral questions, and discussions for hourly position.

Interview Questions
    • They will probably ask about a time you had to handle a difficult person or situation   View Answer