Kellogg Company

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kellogg Company.

Straight forward process. First, the application itself, which was about a 40-minute process, filling out your information and then taking an assessment to see if you can add/subtract and use logic. Then about 2 days later, I was contacted to do a phone interview. And by the end of the week, I was scheduled for a live interview. With my educational background and industry experience, I knew I had a good chance, seeing how I worked for their main competition. I was interviewed by a panel of two, one district manager and the other a merchandiser manager, which I knew both of them since I previously worked for their main competitor and would see them consistently. I showed them pictures of my successes, which they definitely remember because of the magnitude of the successes. I felt like this was used against my favor, because it did put the district manager in an uncomfortable position, since the DM was an RSR at the time when I had these successes, and the other interviewers seemed to have mocked the DM. Anyways, they told me they would get back to me in a week. Three weeks go by with no communication whatsoever. When I call, they would forward me to voicemail and they never replied to any of my messages. Whether I got the position with them or not, a simple and courteous communication would have been greatly appreciated.

Four weeks later, they call and try to offer me the position. I wanted to listen to them to see what they had to offer. Starting pay is $46k/yearly with bonus/commission. Sorry Kellogg, first and foremost, don't make me wait and definitely don't try to low-ball me. I wasn't just banking on hoping to get hired by Kellogg; I interviewed with multiple companies and found the place I wanted to work and be at.

Interview Questions
  • If you are confident and can effectively and efficiently communicate your message in a clear and concise manner, you should do fine in the interview. Don't ramble, but be very specific and include every key details. Also, take your time answering.   Answer Question

Salary offer did not meet my expectations. Also, very unprofessional recruiting experience. No communication whatsoever for 4 weeks after the interview and prior to the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Kellogg Company

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kellogg Company in August 2014.

I applied online and that was followed up by a telephone interview and a face to face interview with a panel of 3. The telephone interview lasted about 10 minutes and I was hardly asked anything on my resume as they were just going over the job responsibilities. The panel interview was not difficult and the questions asked were extremely bland and generic.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time that you went over & beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Kellogg Company in February 2014.

Received email for a phone screen. Fairly straight forward review of qualifications, salary, etc. received email for final interview and was told it would be the next week. Waited and no email. Two weeks later received email to schedule final face to face. District manager and two others at interview. Behavioral stuff, no one acknowledged responses, just wrote notes constantly. It was pretty obvious from the other interviewees that I was the oldest person screened for the position and the only female (check off two diversity boxes at once?) Got a strong feeling from the DM that he preferred a young male for the job as he kept talking about how physically demanding it would be. No emphasis on selling, total emphasis on restocking, building displays - the implication being, "do you really have the stamina for this?" Not sure why this is considered sales, sounded more like an order taker and merchandiser. Was told I would need to "roll up my sleeves" and "get down on the floor" to get the job done. Despite the fact that I had extensive stock and inventory experience in the past, did not feel the job description was accurate nor did I want it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kellogg Company in December 2011.

Three person interview process after phone screen. Questions about certain situations and then your response and end result. Have a copy of your resume for all three and be calm.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a difficult situation that you dealt with in the past such as the customer didn't want what you were presenting, how did you overcome the rejection.   View Answer
    I turned down the initial base salary offer and the offer increased by a couple grand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kellogg Company in October 2010.

Hiring process was long and tedious. First part was an initial phone screen with a 3rd party vendor. Second Part was a phone Screen with hiring manager. Third part was a live interview in which you will have to present a powepoint presentation on your resume and background to a panel of managers. After live presentation is a question and answer portion.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you used a best practice to solve a complex business practice.   Answer Question