Kellogg Company Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.6

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kellogg Company.

Interview

- the first step is a 15 minute phone interview with a HR rep from Battle Creek, MI -next, you will have a panel interview with the DM of the district and possibly the RM. This conversation can be over the phone or in person. -Next you will have a sit down with the DM discussing pay, bonus opportunities, and territory details.

Interview Questions

• They will want to know if you are self motivated because this job will not have much micro management and you will be alone 85% of the time.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kellogg Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Irving, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

So I applied for a Retail Sales Rep position in the Dallas, Texas area on April 29, 2015. On May 18th, I received an email stating that I was selected to do a phone interview. The phone interview went well, standard behavioral questions, and an overview of the position. On June 4th I was called an notified that I was selected to do an in person interview in Dallas ( They covered the cost of the trip, since I was flying from out of state) The interview was a panel of 3. They made me feel very comfortable. My interview was on June 11, 2015. They told me it would be about 2 weeks before I hear back from them. I received a phone call on June 15,2015, offering me the position! I start July 6 (:

Interview Questions

• Name a time in which you had to take the leadership role of an assignment or project. What was the final outcome.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kellogg Company.

Interview

Phone screen, then I met with the manager and two others and then I met a third time with their manager. People were very nice, but I was very nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to complete a project with limited resources. How to you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

It is usually you and two kelloggs people. A district manager and the merchandising manager. They take turns asking prewritten questions. Always the same. Behavioral. Bring several resumes to pass around to panel and something to write with. Ask questions at the end. Like what you would have to do to be an A performer. They rank employees A, B, C. Ask about mileage as they do not pay part timers any mileage and the mileage for full timers is very convoluted and does not fully cover.

Interview Questions

• They ask All behavioral type questions. They have a list and pick one from each catagory. Like ... Tell me a time when you... Just have a bunch of stories to tell. They can be all made up they will never know. Example "Tell me about a time you had to work in a group." It's super easy. Just be prepare with great stories. They feel past history predicts the future so stories should be based on good be ores   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Straight forward process. First, the application itself, which was about a 40-minute process, filling out your information and then taking an assessment to see if you can add/subtract and use logic. Then about 2 days later, I was contacted to do a phone interview. And by the end of the week, I was scheduled for a live interview. With my educational background and industry experience, I knew I had a good chance, seeing how I worked for their main competition. I was interviewed by a panel of two, one district manager and the other a merchandiser manager, which I knew both of them since I previously worked for their main competitor and would see them consistently. I showed them pictures of my successes, which they definitely remember because of the magnitude of the successes. I felt like this was used against my favor, because it did put the district manager in an uncomfortable position, since the DM was an RSR at the time when I had these successes, and the other interviewers seemed to have mocked the DM. Anyways, they told me they would get back to me in a week. Three weeks go by with no communication whatsoever. When I call, they would forward me to voicemail and they never replied to any of my messages. Whether I got the position with them or not, a simple and courteous communication would have been greatly appreciated. Four weeks later, they call and try to offer me the position. I wanted to listen to them to see what they had to offer. Starting pay is $46k/yearly with bonus/commission. Sorry Kellogg, first and foremost, don't make me wait and definitely don't try to low-ball me. I wasn't just banking on hoping to get hired by Kellogg; I interviewed with multiple companies and found the place I wanted to work and be at.

Interview Questions

• If you are confident and can effectively and efficiently communicate your message in a clear and concise manner, you should do fine in the interview. Don't ramble, but be very specific and include every key details. Also, take your time answering.   Answer Question

Salary offer did not meet my expectations. Also, very unprofessional recruiting experience. No communication whatsoever for 4 weeks after the interview and prior to the offer.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kellogg Company in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and that was followed up by a telephone interview and a face to face interview with a panel of 3. The telephone interview lasted about 10 minutes and I was hardly asked anything on my resume as they were just going over the job responsibilities. The panel interview was not difficult and the questions asked were extremely bland and generic.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time that you went over & beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Tampa, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Received email for a phone screen. Fairly straight forward review of qualifications, salary, etc. received email for final interview and was told it would be the next week. Waited and no email. Two weeks later received email to schedule final face to face. District manager and two others at interview. Behavioral stuff, no one acknowledged responses, just wrote notes constantly. It was pretty obvious from the other interviewees that I was the oldest person screened for the position and the only female (check off two diversity boxes at once?) Got a strong feeling from the DM that he preferred a young male for the job as he kept talking about how physically demanding it would be. No emphasis on selling, total emphasis on restocking, building displays - the implication being, "do you really have the stamina for this?" Not sure why this is considered sales, sounded more like an order taker and merchandiser. Was told I would need to "roll up my sleeves" and "get down on the floor" to get the job done. Despite the fact that I had extensive stock and inventory experience in the past, did not feel the job description was accurate nor did I want it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Amarillo, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Three person interview process after phone screen. Questions about certain situations and then your response and end result. Have a copy of your resume for all three and be calm.

Interview Questions

• If you had a difficult situation that you dealt with in the past such as the customer didn't want what you were presenting, how did you overcome the rejection.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I turned down the initial base salary offer and the offer increased by a couple grand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was long and tedious. First part was an initial phone screen with a 3rd party vendor. Second Part was a phone Screen with hiring manager. Third part was a live interview in which you will have to present a powepoint presentation on your resume and background to a panel of managers. After live presentation is a question and answer portion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used a best practice to solve a complex business practice.   Answer Question