Kellogg Company

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Tampa, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Kellogg Company in February 2014.

Interview Details – Received email for a phone screen. Fairly straight forward review of qualifications, salary, etc. received email for final interview and was told it would be the next week. Waited and no email. Two weeks later received email to schedule final face to face. District manager and two others at interview. Behavioral stuff, no one acknowledged responses, just wrote notes constantly. It was pretty obvious from the other interviewees that I was the oldest person screened for the position and the only female (check off two diversity boxes at once?) Got a strong feeling from the DM that he preferred a young male for the job as he kept talking about how physically demanding it would be. No emphasis on selling, total emphasis on restocking, building displays - the implication being, "do you really have the stamina for this?" Not sure why this is considered sales, sounded more like an order taker and merchandiser. Was told I would need to "roll up my sleeves" and "get down on the floor" to get the job done. Despite the fact that I had extensive stock and inventory experience in the past, did not feel the job description was accurate nor did I want it.

Very Difficult Interview

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kellogg Company in October 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was long and tedious. First part was an initial phone screen with a 3rd party vendor. Second Part was a phone Screen with hiring manager. Third part was a live interview in which you will have to present a powepoint presentation on your resume and background to a panel of managers. After live presentation is a question and answer portion.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you used a best practice to solve a complex business practice.   Answer Question

Worked for Kellogg Company? Contribute to the Community!