Kellwood

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT/Business Analyst Interview

IT/Business Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kellwood in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had three separate interviews. Several questions asked in the first interview were repeated in the subsequent interviews, so I'm not sure if they were expecting the same response to be given to check the candidate for consistency, or if they were expecting to hear a different answer each time. All the interviews were on the phone or skype so I never got to see the office. I received a very lowball offer.

Interview Question – Name three traits/characteristics that describe you (I was prepared for the typical 'What are your strenghts/weaknesses?' question so it caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was too low.

Purchasing Manager Interview

Purchasing Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kellwood.

Interview Details – Interview process was a panel discussion with a second round of one on one inteviews with other leaders. Panel discussion was positive and each interviewer had specific questions pertaining to the job and corproate culture type questions.

Interview Question – What do you believe is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation process was straightforward. We discussed and reviewed total compensation being offered and what it would take for me to leave my current position.

Senior Designer Interview

Senior Designer

Interviewed at Kellwood

Interview Details – worked with recruiter in NY, got a call back, fly to LA on personal dime for interview, interviewer design director was 1/2 hour late, asked very personal questions, very friendly, asked about work hours at previous job, I mentioned in my application about H1B visa needed, but no one looked at it and it came up later that they cannot afford to sponsor it

Interview Question – how would your ex boss describe your weeknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – went up by a little amount

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager
City of Industry, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kellwood in February 2010.

Interview Details – you can tell when you will be hired. they usually hire on the fly when a position has been eliminated so you can sense whether you are in or not.

Interview Question – we cannot hit your salary but we can do so and so and so.....   Answer Question

Associate Designer Interview

Associate Designer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kellwood.

Interview Details – Two interviews, both made the title seem like it was a bit more creative than it really was.

Interview Question – Do you like this industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary slightly.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Chesterfield, MO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Kellwood in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call for interview within a week. First interview with two possible direct supervisors. Definitely the most relaxed interview experience I've ever had. Everyone was wearing jeans and I thought it must be casual Friday but no, they said they wear jeans every day, it's a very relaxed office in the sense of dress and ability to be social without feeling constrained by hierarchy. Interview questions weren't cookie-cutter, it was more "here's something we do a lot of, do you have any experience with this kind of process, explain your understanding of how you've done it before" Mostly they just wanted to know if it seemed I could pick up on how they do things very quickly. Both very cheery and conversational, answered all my questions about the company professionally and the culture. Great interview!

Received my call babck for a second interview that very evening for a couple days later. Second interview with the directors of two departments, the "boss's boss" people if you will. Also both very nice people and conversational. They seemed to ask more about me as a person and looking if I would fit in with their team not just as a worker-bee. A few expected questions like "what are your strengths and weaknesses" but definitely more of a "getting to know you" interview than a professional screening.

I didn't get another call back for about two weeks and was discouraged so I emailed the last director I had interviewed with to follow up on the hiring process and inquire whether I was still being considered. I received a call in reply from the HR office who had contacted me before assuring me I was still in the running, she confessed I was the top choice at the moment but they still had a few interviews pending and were holding off decisions until then. It took another couple weeks to get the official offer call but I was very happy to accept. My supervisor told me later that the process took so long because I was one of the first people interviewed and they felt it would be unfair to make the offer right away after not having considered any other applicants. Also they had been insanely overtime busy on a big project that popped up during the same period as the interview process and couldn't get everyone in as quickly as they had intended.

Interview Question – The only "difficult" questions in my interviews were the first interviews trying to compare my experiences with how they did things. I can't call it difficult exactly, but I was coming from a completely different type of finance/accounting where they did the same things but in a different process. Trying to show that 'yes I can do this, no problem' while explaining that I've done it very differently in the past is not the easiest combination for your interviewer to understand I think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR asked what my preferred range was that I was looking for, so it sounded negotiable. I should have asked what their typical offer range was but instead I was honest and said "this is what I'm looking for minimum", and that was the salary they offered. In retrospect, they may have had a better offer had I not given one solid figure, but they offered what I asked for so I accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Designer Interview

Designer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kellwood in April 2012.

Interview Details – after the initial review and several calls.. I flew to their office ( expenses paid) to talk to the team for my position. They were in a hurry and wanted to hire someone ASAP.. a month later therye still deciding.. almost seems like theyre not sure what they want or just indecisive.. ! leaving me hanging.. !

Interview Question – whats the hardest thing youve done in life   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Internal Audit

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kellwood in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was connected to Kellwood through a mutual contact. My phone screen was great - the conversation flowed well and my in person interview went well as well. I was able to meet all members of the team that I was applying for and to get a feel for the office. The corporate office is a little out dated, but the people are very friendly. The atmosphere is casual and those who work in the building wear jeans on a daily basis. Kellwood very much believes in the open door policy as all professionals seemed very approachable and easy to talk to. I was happy with the position and took the offer when it was given to me. I would recommend having others interview for positions for Kellwood as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult task or event that you have experienced and how did you overcome the challenge?   Answer Question
  • What areas do you feel that you need to develop in order to be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kellwood? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kellwood interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kellwood employees and interview candidates.