Kelly Educational Staffing

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kelly Educational Staffing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing in November 2014.

You set up your own interview session which is not quite an interview. You basically attend an informational session where they explain the actual hiring process after you've paid for a background check, bring in college transcripts, etc. They are very strict on being prepared and due to groups attending they will not care whether you need assistance or have questions. There is a drug test as well. If you pass and are prepared you then attend another group interview which is somewhat more personal.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at all, pay depends on schooling/experience. You can pay for a class to raise your pay. Ranges from $8-14 I believe.

Substitute Teacher Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing.

I was referred by a substitute teacher. You have to email to be sent the paperwork and to take the test. I emailed and called several times before receiving a response back. That should have been a sign but I needed work and wanted to try subbing. I went in for the interview (5-8 min) and then waited 2-3 weeks for orientation. At the time of orientation, you pay for your drug screening and background check (~$105.00). Fingerprinting is done there and drug test the following day. You are paid for orientation. It took about a week to get the results back and you will receive an email stating you are active in their AESOP system. After that you are free and on your own, literally.

Interview Questions
    • When is it an appropriate time to touch a student?   View Answer
    no negotiation. Pay is $80/day for sub and $7.93 for para assignments. Take it or leave it!

Paraprofessional Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing in October 2014.

I submitted my resume online, and heard back in 4 days, I was offered an interview for the next day. It was required that I bring 2 references and my official diploma or transcripts. I was greeted warmly by my interviewer, but the office staff was cold. The interview was very easy. I have to complete an online course, further paperwork and a background check. Next I'll have orientation. I'm not sure if they will need medical examination, psych evaluation or a drug test.

Substitute Teacher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing.

I called this company to express my interest in seeking their employment. I was given an appointment to come fill out paperwork. About a week later I was contacted to come in for a background check, fingerprinting, and interview. I had to pay them for the fingerprinting service for which I was never reimbursed. The interview lasted all of 5-10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult to answer at all.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation of pay or benefits

Instructor Interview

the hiring and interview process was well managed and detailed. The company was very professional throughout the process. The orientation was informative and easy. The company personnel were all business and matter of fact.

Substitute Teacher Interview

To be able to become a substitute teacher, you first have to be willing and second have enough college credits to do so. No one is turned down if you are interested.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question is to some applicants is, "Do you prefer grade school or high school students?"   View Answer

I see God leading me in other directions in life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing in January 2014.

It was a joke. You walk in you hand them a copy of your transcripts, two letters of recommendation ( THEY DON"T HAVE TO BE FOR THAT JOB), 64 dollars for a background check and wham...you are a substitute teacher. Background check takes about 3 business days.

Substitute Teacher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing.

The interview process wasn't too hard. First everyone who came to be interviewed was placed in a room and then called in one by one to have a one on one interview. Then the interviewer asked about 5 questions mostly situational circumstances of what one would do in a classroom setting.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect to be asked to define professionalism in teaching, however none of the questions were difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Burlington, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Burlington, VT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing in November 2013.

Lots of paperwork - very easy - regular style face-to-face interview, training video, reviewed contact info for schools and Kelly protocol of expected behavior while onsite in schools

Interview Questions
    No negotiations - take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing in August 2013.

Basic Standard qualification type interview. They need people!