Kelly Services Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Met with the recruiter/staffing manager at the field office. The computer wasn't set up correctly so had to wait for co-worker to call back, unfortunate as that was the first day of the job.

Interview Questions

• When having to describe my skillsets, felt as if I had to defend my achievements..   1 Answer

Negotiation

I actually negotiated with the manager of the business that interviewed me after the staffing agency did. Due to the commute and job responsibilities, it wouldn't have been cost effective to take the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Kelly Services

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Erlanger, KY).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people... 2 Team Members and One Kelly manager.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult for me is asking what I dislike most about my job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Glenview, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Company conducts skill testing, drug testing. Hiring manager at each assignment interviews several aplicants sent by Kelly.

Interview Questions

• Can you make a long-term commitment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - recruiter said the pay rate was $23.10 per hour and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (New York, NY).

Interview

The office was small. The staff was personable. I was talked "to" instead of being talked "at". It wasn't assumed that my skills were lacking just because I was temping instead of already being somewhere permanent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation phase. There was a position opening and I said yes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Joliet, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

CONTACTED ME FOR AN OPPORTUNITY WITH EXXON MOBILE.....GAVE THEM THE GO AHEAD ...they submitted my resume....I had to followup constantly. After 3 weeks, I finally get an answer that the position is JUST an entry level. THen I am told the hours are mid morning to late evening....more and more excuses...I just gave up!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services in June 2012.

Interview

I had 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No a whole lot of negotiation, salary was set.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Rancho Cordova, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of two hiring managers. They described the position responisibities in detail, as well as the growth potential.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience with government, city, or local agencies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Irvine, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

You meet an agent that will try to match your skills with job openings they may have. Before you get placed into a job assignment, you are asked to perform a drug screen and skills assessment. Overall, the interview was pretty painless. They asked the normal interview questions and didn't throw any curveballs.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to have a flexible schedule.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for the top range of the pay scale and they agreed. It was almost like they weren't expecting me to ask for it and didn't have a rebuttal to challenge. I was dealing with an inexperienced agent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (San Antonio, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Kelly Services submitted my resume to Toyota for a telephone interview for an Administrative Assistant position. The inteviewer seemed turned off by the fact that I had a college degree and wanted to know why I was applying for such a position.

Interview Questions

• I noticed that you have a college degree. This position does not require a degree. Why are you interested in this position if you have a degree?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kelly Services in January 2010.

Interview

Was referred by employee of company for position. Emailed recruiting manager my resume. Received call the following to come in for interview. Interview was easy. Took drug test same day. Competed background check also. E

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Already knew salary going into interview. Be able to prove that you are worth the salary being offered (previous salary).