Kelly Services

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Contract Attonrey Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kelly Services.

I have specialized experience. So, my interview process was mere paperwork with this company. But, I had to interview with the client who asked me a lot of questions about my background knowledge of the subject matter. It was clear there were a lot of young dudes managing the project who had over-sold their knowledge, so they were just trying to cover themselves by having someone on the project with actual knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question was basically a question about my background skills. The recruiter was not able to tell me a lot about the project so I was only able to prepare a little. The questions were tough, but I was able to answer the questions due to my extensive experience with the subject matter. But, another difficult part was expressing my responses in an elementary language that they could understand without me sounding like I was "dummying" down my knowledge or patronizing the interviewees. They indicated they were impressed and they hired me for a top position. But they seemed too intimidated to utilize my skills to the fullest. I rate this as a negative experience because, while I got the position, I believe it was a sign of their weakness in not wanting to rely on my skills though paying me for them. Their egos got in the way of professionalism in my opinion.   Answer Question
The recruiter did the negotiation. However, I strongly believe the recruiter negotiated my services for a much higher fee than usual, but only gave me the regular rate.