Kelly Services

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.3

Data Entry Clerk II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kelly Services.

I initially had a quick phone interview with a recruiter. I was asked about my past employment and skills. I was sent a skills test via email. Once she received my test results, an interview and drug test was scheduled for the next day. The environment was really relaxed and the branch was locate inside of the customers building, so it was nice to see where I would be working right off. I was surprised that the interview was going to be conducted out in the open on the office sofa. She went over my resume and asked me about each job listed, education, and my employment gap. The interview was over within 15 minutes. I got to meet with my soon to be boss and even got a tour of my department area.

Claims Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services.

I had one short phone interview and a few emails were exchanged. I was hired before I met the recruiter. I received the call on a Monday and was working 8 days later. After the phone interview there was a standard questionnaire online, a drug test, then I went to the office to fill out paperwork

It's a temp job but you can still negotiate a little.

Staffing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Kelly Services in November 2014.

Interviewed two after a after applying online. Interview went well. It was me and one other person. I told I would here something one way or another by the end of the week. 2 weeks went by before I found out I didn't not get the job. I only found out because I finally talked to the district manager after calling him twice.

Scientific Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services in October 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter who set up the first interview and provided additional information to review. I was asked back for a second interview and told that the job was between me and one other person - since I went first, I believe that the recruiter had more information to provide to the second candidate.

Interview Questions
    • You do not have a biology background, why are you interested in this position and what can you bring to the job?   View Answer

PT Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services.

I was contacted by a recruiter and completed at least 2 online screenings. Had 2 over the phone interviews and 1 face to face with the District Manager, Branch Manager and met most of the local staff.
    I did come back for a follow up interview because one employee wasn't there that day.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate.
    I did get screwed over by the company on a signing bonus. The promise was made by an employee that did not understand the rules of signing bonuses and overstated the amount. I took a little bit of a bath compared to what I was expecting.

Apple Tier II Advisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services.

Come in and fill out paperwork at the local staffing agency office.
    Online tests and evaluations. Nothing I hadn't encountered before.
    Phone interview(s). I think there was 2 of them.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember any difficult interview questions. Simple questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Mechanical Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kelly Services.

The short phone interview came the next day after the online application, and the in-person interview was set up the day after. The interview lasted 15 minutes with questions being read to me. Upon asking what company they were recruiting for, I was told she did not know. Two days later I got a call that my application had been forwarded to a company. The next week I called to follow-up and was told that the position had been filled and that my resume would be kept on file.

Staffing Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services.

I applied to the job online, and received a call within a few days to set up a face to face interview with the branch manager. I only interviewed with the manager, whom asked me a lot of questions regarding my past team work, customer service skills and ability to meet numbers/metrics/etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time in which you could not meet a required quota and what you did.   Answer Question
    Pay was based on past experiences. I was entry level.

Online Store Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services in July 2014.

I applied for the job and was found eligible to apply duing the preliminary process. After completing the application, I was prompted to select a date to interview. I applied 7/21/2014 and interviewed today, 7/23/2014. The interviewer was very friendly and down to earth which made me feel at ease. I felt like I was talking to a friend. Before the interview was over, she would speak in a way as if I had the job. Ex: Your training class will start xx/xx/2014. I enjoyed the process and gladly accepted!

Interview Questions
    • It was a fairly easy interview. I was asked about a time I went out of my way to provide excellent customer service. There was a very brief scenario where the interviewer played the customer and she just wanted me to simply reply as the agent. For example, Cust: I received my Ipod today but it is the wrong color. Me (agent): "I apologize for the mix up, in order to better assist you, I just need to verify some information to bring up ur account, ok?" We discussed my job history, including what my job duties were, and what responsibilities the position entailed.   Answer Question
    The pay is $10/hr plus the opportunity for bonuses, etc. I was ok with that rate. I accepted w/out negotiation

At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services in July 2014.

I applied for an At Home Advisor role back in May. I received an e-mail in late July stating that while the original position had been filled, I was invited to apply for another Advisor role. I applied and was invited to a phone interview later that week.

The interview lasted fifteen minutes and largely involved questions regarding technical knowledge of basic internet and computer usage and customer service. After the interview had concluded, I was given a contingent offer. I filled out an I-9 and background check, and when the check was complete, I was called and given an official offer of employment.

I would definitely recommend Kelly Services for anyone looking for an at-home telecommute/remote position. I have been looking off and on for at least three years and have finally found "the one". Advice I would give to others who have had the same at-home position goal is to check Kelly At Home's website frequently for positions. Even if you don't get one you originally apply for, another may come about.