Kelly Services

Getting the Interview

149 candidate interviews

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services.

Interview Details – Had to endure 7 interviews.

Interview Question – Account tells you they had a bad experience with a staffing firm.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wanted the job. Was excited and accepted the terms

At Home Advisor for Apple Interview

Phoenix, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in July 2012.

Interview Details – The initial start of the interview process is easy, fill out their application,submit your resume and receive a link to take an assessment. Then they call you and tell you about the position which only pays 9.15 cents an hour. Then they schedule you for a phone interview. Then the drama starts. You have to drive to a Kelly office and fill out some more paperwork and then they do a background check. They are looking for a reason to not pass you trust me. They only want to fill up classes and then they have the audacity to tell you that you might get called for the next class the next month!! Who can afford to stay out of work that long?
If you got layed off then sure. If you quit your last position than you have to go for what youknow.

Interview Question – Wait till they call you???really....   Answer Question

Contract Attonrey Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Kelly Services.

Interview Details – I have specialized experience. So, my interview process was mere paperwork with this company. But, I had to interview with the client who asked me a lot of questions about my background knowledge of the subject matter. It was clear there were a lot of young dudes managing the project who had over-sold their knowledge, so they were just trying to cover themselves by having someone on the project with actual knowledge.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was basically a question about my background skills. The recruiter was not able to tell me a lot about the project so I was only able to prepare a little. The questions were tough, but I was able to answer the questions due to my extensive experience with the subject matter. But, another difficult part was expressing my responses in an elementary language that they could understand without me sounding like I was "dummying" down my knowledge or patronizing the interviewees. They indicated they were impressed and they hired me for a top position. But they seemed too intimidated to utilize my skills to the fullest. I rate this as a negative experience because, while I got the position, I believe it was a sign of their weakness in not wanting to rely on my skills though paying me for them. Their egos got in the way of professionalism in my opinion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter did the negotiation. However, I strongly believe the recruiter negotiated my services for a much higher fee than usual, but only gave me the regular rate.

Joined As GIS Representative In GOOGLE Through KELLY Services Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 intial rounds of interview by kelly services and 2 round of interview by GOOGLE
2 rounds of kelly include 1 written test and face to face interview
2 rounds of GOOGLE include one written exam and face to face interview.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation as I joined as a fresher

Quality Coordinator Interview

Quality Coordinator
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kelly Services in October 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process is too slow and need to wrap up things really fast as people wont wait for so long to get an offer letter

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Bridgeport, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kelly Services in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview- interviewer from from Kelly was so rude and condescending that I hung upon her. I have been having intermittent issues with my internet service, which was why I did not finish the application, etc online. I explained this to her and she kept saying you didint finish this, you didint finish that" Then I asked her a questions about the job while I had her on the phone, she said "I already TOLD you that! Is there a PPROBLEM?" Click.

Interview Question – Why didint you finish the online assessment?

Why didit you finish the application???

Is there a PROBLEM now??
  View Answer

Outsourcing Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very positive experience with Talent Acquisition; great communication.
Department leader gave impression that experience and knowledge base wasn't valued.
Would advise applicants to fully research position, department and techology.

Interview Question – Do not recall specific interview questions   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Kelly Services in July 2010.

Interview Details – Kelly Services submitted my resume to Toyota for a telephone interview for an Administrative Assistant position. The inteviewer seemed turned off by the fact that I had a college degree and wanted to know why I was applying for such a position.

Interview Question – I noticed that you have a college degree. This position does not require a degree. Why are you interested in this position if you have a degree?   View Answer

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kelly Services in June 2008.

Interview Details – Started out with a phone interview, progressed to a 1:1 interview, followed by skill testing, personality testing and background check. Both the phone and 1:1 interviews were very detailed and thorough. Was given the impression that not everyone is chosen to work for this company. I was quite impressed with the process as a whole.

Interview Question – How would your previous coworkers describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got exactly what I asked for, there was no negotiating. I knew what the market value was for the positon I was applying for and as a negotiating tactic I overshot by $10,000 (per annum) as I was hoping to negotiate down to what I though was acceptable, my initial request was met.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had five rounds of interview. Had to meet up with my team lead, unit manager heading the technology recruitment, business manager taking care of the practice in Singapore, Talent acquisition manager and the head of professional & technical services division. The interviews were all quite tough/ behavioural based and they assessed me in all sorts of ways needed for recruiter.

Interview Question – My interview with Unit Manager & Talent Acquisition where they questioned me on my recruitment skills/methodologies. Questions were focused on different scenarios and I was asked to provide my responses for the same. A question was " how do you handle drop-outs for a critical position for an important client?"   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kelly Services

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kelly Services interview questions and advice. All 149 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kelly Services employees and interview candidates.