Kelly Services

2.4

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services.

One interview with Kelly and one with Toyota - all Kelly people @ Toyota were great and very helpful at all times.

Interview Questions
    • I had a difficult using Excel the Toyota way - had training in Excel and asked about obtaining training "The Toyota Way" - never happened.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services.

Had to endure 7 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Account tells you they had a bad experience with a staffing firm.   View Answer
    I wanted the job. Was excited and accepted the terms

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services.

An interview with the hiring company (Kelly is a staffing agency) was scheduled after a first contact through email with a Kelly representative. I went to the company's building, used their garage, received a visitor tag, went to the indicated floor. The interview ran smoothly, I was asked to create the html structure of a web page on a whiteboard; some more questions related to the position offered were asked.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services in January 2014.

Had several interviews:
    -Phone interview with a District Manager
    -Face to face interview with Branch Manager and Business Development Manager
    -Phone interview with a high level manager
    They called on my references, then recruited one of my references for the position I applied for

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were about my experience, more weight was on the questions I was asking them.   Answer Question

Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services in January 2014.

Telephone interview for Payroll Manager position in Charlotte NC. Recruiter explained the job in great detail as well as providing information about the company. I had specific questions and I feel that the recruiter answered them honestly and appropriately. She did not just give answers that I might have wanted to hear. I felt this recruiter would really work with me to find a job.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your greatest accomplishment?   View Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services in January 2014.

Applied through a job board. The initial communication was prompt and professional and I had a good experience until the actual phone interview. The first question the recruiter asked was in regards to what I was making at my current position. I politely declined to answer but the recruiter kept pressing. Felt uncomfortable at this point. I eventually offered a range but the recruiter persisted for the exact figure; in the end, I let up and divulged my number.

At this point, I felt the interviewer switch off -- the job in question wasn't a match in terms of salary. Okay, fine. I was still interested in job specifics and had a few questions about responsibilities. However, the recruiter wasn't very informed -- I had the job description printed out in front of me and the recruiter was only able to regurgitate what I already knew, almost word by word.

Overall, not a a terribly positive experience.

Biztalk Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services.

Phone interview. Low technical level. Several people within corporate hierarchy. Weird.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions where interviewer didn't understand his question properly.   Answer Question
    I'm hired through recruiters. Small company. I almost choose another offer, but they raised rate and won.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kelly Services.

There was none, seriously. Operations puts who they want where they want.

Interview Questions
    • There was no interview process, therefore no questions.   Answer Question
    Nothing negotiable. If anything, it was a pay cut, more hours, not a good move in hindsight.

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kelly Services in December 2013.

Getting hired was super easy. They"ll hire anyone who doesn't lie on their application and can pas a single drug test before starting work. They make you do a couple tests that are very simple to determine if you can "spot differences" and do simple simple math. Although overall most everything is just filling out your personal information.

Interview Questions
    • there were no questions asked by anyone in the "interview" process. Only lots of different papers to fill out the biggest thing they ask of you is every address you've ever lived at in the past 7 years and that's only for background checks, BUT even if your're on probation, EMASS, etc... they'll still give you a job. Its a good work opportunity if you can use a steady 40 hour a week pay and can show up to work ALL the time.   Answer Question
    after filling out the application they called and have me a start date and gave me 2 weeks to obtain the proper work supplies i needed (steel toed shoes & a Kelly shirt) they even gave me safety glasses and a mug for water while I worked on my first day.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Fine. Lots of papers to fill out.

No chance for negotiation