Kelly Services

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.3

Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services in January 2014.

Applied through a job board. The initial communication was prompt and professional and I had a good experience until the actual phone interview. The first question the recruiter asked was in regards to what I was making at my current position. I politely declined to answer but the recruiter kept pressing. Felt uncomfortable at this point. I eventually offered a range but the recruiter persisted for the exact figure; in the end, I let up and divulged my number.

At this point, I felt the interviewer switch off -- the job in question wasn't a match in terms of salary. Okay, fine. I was still interested in job specifics and had a few questions about responsibilities. However, the recruiter wasn't very informed -- I had the job description printed out in front of me and the recruiter was only able to regurgitate what I already knew, almost word by word.

Overall, not a a terribly positive experience.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services in January 2014.

Had several interviews:
    -Phone interview with a District Manager
    -Face to face interview with Branch Manager and Business Development Manager
    -Phone interview with a high level manager
    They called on my references, then recruited one of my references for the position I applied for

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were about my experience, more weight was on the questions I was asking them.   Answer Question

Biztalk Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services.

Phone interview. Low technical level. Several people within corporate hierarchy. Weird.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions where interviewer didn't understand his question properly.   Answer Question
    I'm hired through recruiters. Small company. I almost choose another offer, but they raised rate and won.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kelly Services.

There was none, seriously. Operations puts who they want where they want.

Interview Questions
    • There was no interview process, therefore no questions.   Answer Question
    Nothing negotiable. If anything, it was a pay cut, more hours, not a good move in hindsight.

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kelly Services in December 2013.

Getting hired was super easy. They"ll hire anyone who doesn't lie on their application and can pas a single drug test before starting work. They make you do a couple tests that are very simple to determine if you can "spot differences" and do simple simple math. Although overall most everything is just filling out your personal information.

Interview Questions
    • there were no questions asked by anyone in the "interview" process. Only lots of different papers to fill out the biggest thing they ask of you is every address you've ever lived at in the past 7 years and that's only for background checks, BUT even if your're on probation, EMASS, etc... they'll still give you a job. Its a good work opportunity if you can use a steady 40 hour a week pay and can show up to work ALL the time.   Answer Question
    after filling out the application they called and have me a start date and gave me 2 weeks to obtain the proper work supplies i needed (steel toed shoes & a Kelly shirt) they even gave me safety glasses and a mug for water while I worked on my first day.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Fine. Lots of papers to fill out.

No chance for negotiation

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Kelly Services in November 2013.

No specific job interview was held with the client. The job description information was vague and the Staffing Specialist minimized my background to justify the poor rate The Staffing Specialist presented the rate as a take it or leave it situation and blamed the client for the low rate.

Interview Questions
    No, opportunity to negotiate. I told the Staffing Specialist that the rate was too late I provided my salary history to present what my previous rates had been. There was no concern that I needed to be the beneficiary of the salary that my education and work experiences could bring. Kelly Services Staffing Specialist are lowdown and greedy. They exploited the fact that I was unemployed and had not been able to secure a steady IT position.

Apple Online Interview

Everything was done online

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you say things about customer focus, first call resolution etc   Answer Question

Temp Interview

Proficiency tests on Microsoft office applications: specifically Microsoft word, powerpoint, and excel. Also, applicants are tested on typing speed. Applicants must submit resumes, and attend an in-office interview. The staff and recruiters are very nice, and can be reached during normal business hours. Temp workers are paid just a little over fifteen dollars an hour.

Interview Questions
    • All communication with the client must be done through the recruiter.   Answer Question

SAO Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kelly Services.

Standard recruiting strategy questions.